prasadtakkar

First Name
Prasad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1S LE
Clubs

This is not at all my experience. My service center is Bellevue. I have done 2 tire rotations (5-tire) so far. Both were quick and easy.

For both rotations, I call on Monday, they say how about Wednesday - 2 days away! They also had plenty of alternative dates. I even got to pick the time. Because "normal" service is booking 3 months out, it's clear they have a separate queue to handle tire rotations and other routine service.

They called me the day before to confirm the appointment. Both times.

When I dropped off the car they asked if I was going to wait. When I said yes, they said it will be done in about an hour. And it was done in about an hour both times. One time I was at a coffee shop nearby when they finished, and they called to let me know it was done.

The first time I brought it in for a rotation they also did the customer satisfaction "recall" with the C-pillar clips which was just announced that day. I didn't even know about this until after the service was finished and they reviewed the work order with me.

I am completely satisfied with my tire rotation experience at the Bellevue service center.
Good for you. It’s been horrible this part of the world.
Sponsored

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Hmmm, couple things.

Last time I had my R1T serviced at SSF I went to that same Enterprise shop. Super sketch, but when I told them I wanted an EV they bought out an older Model S with half a charge. Thankfully it had unlimited Supercharging and I topped it off locally. They didn't mention this to me.

I had my tires rotated at Discount Tire in Redwood City last month. They had the pucks and knew what they were doing. Took about 30 min and there was no charge.

I know SSF service center is super swamped but I have nothing but praise for them in the three or times I've been there. Yes, it takes six weeks to get an appt but service has always been good for me. Additionally they've provided Uber credits when my car was in the shop.

PowerBugs

First Name
Dru
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
This is not at all my experience. My service center is Bellevue. I have done 2 tire rotations (5-tire) so far. Both were quick and easy.

For both rotations, I call on Monday, they say how about Wednesday - 2 days away! They also had plenty of alternative dates. I even got to pick the time. Because "normal" service is booking 3 months out, it's clear they have a separate queue to handle tire rotations and other routine service.

They called me the day before to confirm the appointment. Both times.

When I dropped off the car they asked if I was going to wait. When I said yes, they said it will be done in about an hour. And it was done in about an hour both times. One time I was at a coffee shop nearby when they finished, and they called to let me know it was done.

The first time I brought it in for a rotation they also did the customer satisfaction "recall" with the C-pillar clips which was just announced that day. I didn't even know about this until after the service was finished and they reviewed the work order with me.

I am completely satisfied with my tire rotation experience at the Bellevue service center.
Not gonna happen in SF Service center.

foxerson

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10 Outback, '11 328i, '23 R1T
I had an appointment next week for tire rotation at SSF. Scheduling was pretty easy. But today I got a call from a rep who explained that most repairs are taking 1-2 week but they could probably get the tire rotation done in a day or two.

I just laughed and asked them to cancel the appointment. The rep said it should be better in July. I said never mind as I will be pulling out my floor Jack and doing it myself this weekend. Which, is what I should have done in the first place.

Sponsored

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Good for you. It’s been horrible this part of the world.
Actually, I’ve had my tires rotated at the South San Francisco service center and it was fast and efficient. Hopefully, your experience is not the normal one. 🤷‍♀️

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
My truck has been at service here for the past 18 days without being touched. I asked them the same question and they never got back to me. I'm giving them the benefit of doubt right now since they had just moved facilities but if they had told me I wouldn't have my truck back by this weekend, I would have pushed my appointment out further.
Which service center is “here” for you? Not South San Francisco, right?

Bearmountain

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 cts, 2000 dakota r/t
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical, Electrical, General Contractor
I made an appointment with the SSF service center 6 weeks ago (the soonest appointment). I'm just swapping to a new wheel/tire combo and need alignment. So maybe an hour of work? They're telling me TWO WEEKS! I asked if I could just bring the car back when they're actually ready and they said no. They set me up with a rental at the jankiest Enterprise I've ever seen. So I guess I'll be cruising around in an old Nissan for a while, which I can't put my small kids in since it smells like an ash tray. What a stupid system.
First I rotated the tires myself. I was there for something else though and they sent me to enterprise they rented me a Toyota pickup with no fuel had to fill it up before I could get home. They said they would reimburse me for the fuel never heard back.

SciGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T quad, large pack, 20ATs; 2012 Acura TSX
Hmmm, couple things.

Last time I had my R1T serviced at SSF I went to that same Enterprise shop. Super sketch, but when I told them I wanted an EV they bought out an older Model S with half a charge. Thankfully it had unlimited Supercharging and I topped it off locally. They didn't mention this to me.

I had my tires rotated at Discount Tire in Redwood City last month. They had the pucks and knew what they were doing. Took about 30 min and there was no charge.

I know SSF service center is super swamped but I have nothing but praise for them in the three or times I've been there. Yes, it takes six weeks to get an appt but service has always been good for me. Additionally they've provided Uber credits when my car was in the shop.
Nice! We could be neighbors. I’ve taken numerous cars to that same Redwood City America’s Tire. Great to hear they already have experience with Rivians. You mentioned they have the pucks there already, meaning they have their own set? That’s impressive given how rare Rivians still are. If I knew that I wouldn’t have bought the set of 4 from EV Sportline 😅

Sponsored

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Nice! We could be neighbors. I’ve taken numerous cars to that same Redwood City America’s Tire. Great to hear they already have experience with Rivians. You mentioned they have the pucks there already, meaning they have their own set? That’s impressive given how rare Rivians still are. If I knew that I wouldn’t have bought the set of 4 from EV Sportline 😅
Yup, they have the pucks there.

PS I’m moving to San Diego this week

OP
OP
prasadtakkar

prasadtakkar

First Name
Prasad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1S LE
Clubs

To close the loop on this thread, Rivian returned our R1S back Monday afternoon. Note I had dropped it Friday morning.

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Austin Service Center also has a different "queue" for small things like tire rotation.

I got mine done a couple of days after putting in the request. Manager told me he's working on making that process even more efficient in the future.

SparkyR1t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t/Model Y
Occupation
Retired Commercial Electrician and mechanic
My suggestion is to replace the individual in charge of Rivian customer service as they clearly do not understand. Expectations of vehicle owners or what good customer service entails. Poor customer service does negatively affect sales!!

JPC

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Limestone - Forest Edge - 21"
My R1S has now been sitting in the SSF service center parking lot for a week to get new wheels/tires and an alignment (was delivered to me out of alignment). Hasn't moved. Scheduled the drop off 7 weeks ago -- for no apparent reason I suppose. I'm told I'll get an "update" tomorrow but they're obviously just going to tell me that it will be another week. Ridiculous customer service.

Battery is down 30% from phantom drain since I dropped it off. At this rate will be dead by the time they get around to it.
Sponsored