Sponsored

Rivian Shop Purchase Process

Riv E In

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Clubs

First time poster. Please forgive my n00bness in advance!

I’ve held an R1S reservation since December 22. Configured and was waiting to pull the trigger. Then got configurator shutdown notice so tried the Shop. Found my exact build and pulled the trigger.

That was on Friday. I did receive a confirmation email but nothing else. So my question for the group, particularly those of you who have purchased through the Shop, is what can I expect as far as timing and next steps?

I’ve searched the forums and other sites but haven’t found anything other than “just wait” (which very well may be correct!)

Thanks!
Sponsored

GRC

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
still figuring it out
Clubs

I would say everyone's experience is different depending on your location and closest SC. I'm in Toronto and confirmed a r1s through the shop last week and immediately had an email with a scheduled pickup for March 31st which I thought was super aggressive. The screen did say pick from the shop get your rivian in 1-4 weeks so the timing was accurate.

OP
OP

Riv E In

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Clubs

I would say everyone's experience is different depending on your location and closest SC. I'm in Toronto and confirmed a r1s through the shop last week and immediately had an email with a scheduled pickup for March 31st which I thought was super aggressive. The screen did say pick from the shop get your rivian in 1-4 weeks so the timing was accurate.
Thanks for sharing. I have an SC 15 minutes from me if that makes any difference.

Cascadian

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, Outback
Clubs

It depends where the vehicle you picked is located. If at the factory it will take several weeks to arrive at the SC.
It may already be at a SC near you.
If it is at or when it does arrive at the SC it may take a week to prep then they will want you to pick up within a week.
Research the purchase steps and get all your ducks in a row, but I recommend that you don’t send full payment or start a new insurance policy until you get confirmation that it is prepped and ready for delivery.

OP
OP

Riv E In

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Clubs

It depends where the vehicle you picked is located. If at the factory it will take several weeks to arrive at the SC.
It may already be at a SC near you.
If it is at or when it does arrive at the SC it may take a week to prep then they will want you to pick up within a week.
Research the purchase steps and get all your ducks in a row, but I recommend that you don’t send full payment or start a new insurance policy until you get confirmation that it is prepped and ready for delivery.
Makes sense

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Check your account, maybe they have started the 'steps' for your purchase. If your delivery will push into next month (for whatever reason) then the folks may be a bit distracted trying to rush vehicles out the door this month.

If nothing else most likely next will be either an email inviting you to start the purchase process or someone contacting you directly. Can't hurt to reach out to them if you are eager to get your car ASAP just don't be mad if they don't have an update yet.

Twitter Fingers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
When I bought the vehicle it wasn't even fully built yet, no real progress was made until they put it on the rail car to my SC. Then the steps opened up and everything went very quickly

OP
OP

Riv E In

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Clubs

Just sent the guide a text (I didn't have that option before - it just told me to reach out to "your guide" but no indication of who that was or how to do so), so hopefully I'll hear from them soon.

Maybe I'm old school, but it's a weird feeling to commit a hefty chunk of change to buy a new car online, site unseen, and then hear...nothing.

Thanks, y'all!

mclark2112

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Finance
I pulled the trigger last Friday as well, and I got an email later that day that I had a pickup for Sat the 31st. I tried to move it to April 2nd and they offered me free roof racks to keep it in March. They are very aggressive this quarter. But I haven't heard anything since. I'm not happy with the trade in offer they gave me, on the lower side of KBB, so not sure what I'm going to do. But They want me to pick it Friday, and I haven't seen the official lease offer yet.

OP
OP

Riv E In

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Clubs

I pulled the trigger last Friday as well, and I got an email later that day that I had a pickup for Sat the 31st. I tried to move it to April 2nd and they offered me free roof racks to keep it in March. They are very aggressive this quarter. But I haven't heard anything since. I'm not happy with the trade in offer they gave me, on the lower side of KBB, so not sure what I'm going to do. But They want me to pick it Friday, and I haven't seen the official lease offer yet.
Oh good to know.

Anyone else have experience negotiating in freebie upgrades on a Shop purchase?

Sponsored

CaptRat

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Chevrolet Corvette, Cadillac CTS
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I had the same situation…waiting forever for my build only to have my exact build turn up in the Shop numerous times. So I also pulled the trigger on one from the shop in late April '23.

The truck was in Normal (according to my guide,) arrived at the SC in Atlanta in 7 days and I took delivery 6 days after that at the SC. Home delivery would have been a few days longer.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
They have always gotten aggressive at the end of each quarter - trying to boost the numbers they report. I had a fairly quick turnaround once I selected in the shop last May. It was about 19 days as I recall, from clicking to driving.

R1SFamilyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Occupation
I do software things
I also just pulled the trigger - late last night. Don’t have pre-hike pricing just a matter of cost; found a DM Standard+ with Forest interior that felt like the right balance between what I wanted and willingness to pay.

so, I have the VIN and a guide’s contact. I’ve waited so far to see if they reach out first but I have to finish my “steps” starting at registration info. Just been a busy day.

R1SFamilyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Occupation
I do software things
OP
OP

Riv E In

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Clubs

I also just pulled the trigger - late last night. Don’t have pre-hike pricing just a matter of cost; found a DM Standard+ with Forest interior that felt like the right balance between what I wanted and willingness to pay.

so, I have the VIN and a guide’s contact. I’ve waited so far to see if they reach out first but I have to finish my “steps” starting at registration info. Just been a busy day.
Lucky! I still got nothing…
Sponsored