First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX, M3, 4Runner, FJ60, GTO
Occupation
Retired AS Engineer
I doubt you’ll be able to get a refreshed Rivian with the voucher. This is why they are issuing the vouchers, to tell people buy now or lose your preorder price hike.
I talked to a guide on Monday March 25 concerning the vouchers and she confirmed to me that vouchers can be applied to any VIN between now and Sept 30 - including VIN's produced after Factory shutdown in April. (I told her I would prefer to wait for a VIN produced after factory comes back online in late April/early May.)
Sponsored

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX, M3, 4Runner, FJ60, GTO
Occupation
Retired AS Engineer
Short version: I think it was due to bad luck that I didn’t get one in the fall.

Long (but still abbreviated) version: Firstly, we R1S people had a longer wait to start v. R1T. Then, I opted to go PDM/max instead of quad/large when they offered that. Then, for some reason I then just waited and waited. (Also, I am guessing I changed color choice at a bad time.) In October, a friend who lives nearby got the same spec we had ordered except for interior color. I confirmed (and made deposit nonrefundable) in late October, thought we’d get it in 2023.

At the end of Feb, I decided to put it on hold because of the upcoming refresh.
(While I only upgrade my phone when needed, I wait until after they make updates. I am hoping for the heat pump and maybe a few extra miles range from weight reduction.) I asked if I could go on hold without losing price protection. Was told they would give a heads up before changing the rules.

Now I’m hoping I can get clarity on whether they are saying no price protection for refreshed vehicles or not. (If that’s the case, I wish they had said that when I asked.)

I totally get that they want to move preorders along and while I’m frustrated (and don’t see my Max packs anywhere) when I look at the overall picture, the switch to a voucher and time limit seems fine. Just want to be able to get the R1S I’ve been looking forward to for so long.
See my post at https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...-due-to-production-line-shutdown.25527/page-8

jfoonly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Clubs

I finally got a reply from customerservice. They can't explain why my config was deleted and I lost my guide, or whether my options were the reason (I guessed it was Forest Edge). They say prices are not locked and guides not assigned until a VIN is assigned, but I had a guide and "price guarantee" text on the website (unfortunately no screenshot) without a VIN. Now I'm dangling, wondering whether to wait for price increases and feature deletes, or just pick a vehicle that may or may not actually exist from the shop.
Sponsored