Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
That might be the case. If so, I do wish they would have simply said I would not be able to get a refreshed R1 with price protection when I repeatedly asked them exactly that question. Very frustrating for me personally but also growing pains for a new company, I suppose.
Why haven’t you bought and R1 yet?
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Yours is probably not the usual case for delaying a purchase, and it sucks. I’m sorry you have been stuck in no man’s land, at least as far as your Rivian order goes. You’ve waited too long to not get some satisfaction. Hope it somehow works out for you.
My point is that in a great many cases, rivian is causing the delay themselves by taking order from everywhere, with assurances of mobile service etc, when in fact those orders won't be filled on any timescale less than geological.

But it made for a fat order book to show off at IPO time!

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
[/QUOTE]

You weren't asking me, but my reasons are max pack disappointment and lack of a 240V inverter.

Also I did not want an early vehicle. So I never planned to buy quickly.

I may just not buy at all with the 120V inverter. A "truck" with a 135kWh batter and no way to use it to back up a house is ridiculous. Rivian upcoming V2H solution is likely too expensive and automatic for the large majority of buyers. So I don't consider that option a plus.

Eruantien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Also, I can still see my configuration and a discount, but it’s definitely not 20%. I wonder if perhaps the 20% off will be for a shop order, and a lower discount (post-refresh) for a custom order?

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian temporarily pausing R1 configurator due to production line shutdown IMG_0114

Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
[/QUOTE]

You weren't asking me, but my reasons are max pack disappointment and lack of a 240V inverter.

Also I did not want an early vehicle. So I never planned to buy quickly.

I may just not buy at all with the 120V inverter. A "truck" with a 135kWh batter and no way to use it to back up a house is ridiculous. Rivian upcoming V2H solution is likely too expensive and automatic for the large majority of buyers. So I don't consider that option a plus.
[/QUOTE]
Ok that's fair. But I hope you are not upset that your pre price hike price will expire in 6 months. It's only fair to everyone.

ryunited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Anyone notice they’re now quoting ~4 months for custom configurations? Perhaps a clue on factory shutdown and ramp timing.

IMG_0113.jpeg
That's interesting. Looks pretty much same except I didn't see the Max pack listed as an option for DMs.

Pricing also looked the same as prior to shut down if configs.

So that seems to have been a very short cut over on config orders and no discernable changes.

Eruantien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
That's interesting. Looks pretty much same except I didn't see the Max pack listed as an option for DMs.

Pricing also looked the same as prior to shut down if configs.

So that seems to have been a very short cut over on config orders and no discernable changes.
Oh, the shut down isn’t planned until Q2 (April) so we won’t know any possible changes for a while.

ryunited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Oh, the shut down isn’t planned until Q2 (April) so we won’t know any possible changes for a while.
Ah! I had crossed the two events then. Thought they had paused fresh configs because of the shut down.

Eruantien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Ah! I had crossed the two events then. Thought they had paused fresh configs because of the shut down.
They’re definitely related! Final day of the quarter is March 31 so I think they’re trying to get rid of current stock before starting shut down in April. So they’re gearing up for that by closing configurator for now.

Sponsored

Khaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Clubs

They’re definitely related! Final day of the quarter is March 31 so I think they’re trying to get rid of current stock before starting shut down in April. So they’re gearing up for that by closing configurator for now.
Yup, definitely related. In the email everyone got it said custom configs were being paused because of the shutdown .

Rividiculous

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 3 series, 2015 Outback
Short version: I think it was due to bad luck that I didn’t get one in the fall.

Long (but still abbreviated) version: Firstly, we R1S people had a longer wait to start v. R1T. Then, I opted to go PDM/max instead of quad/large when they offered that. Then, for some reason I then just waited and waited. (Also, I am guessing I changed color choice at a bad time.) In October, a friend who lives nearby got the same spec we had ordered except for interior color. I confirmed (and made deposit nonrefundable) in late October, thought we’d get it in 2023.

At the end of Feb, I decided to put it on hold because of the upcoming refresh.
(While I only upgrade my phone when needed, I wait until after they make updates. I am hoping for the heat pump and maybe a few extra miles range from weight reduction.) I asked if I could go on hold without losing price protection. Was told they would give a heads up before changing the rules.

Now I’m hoping I can get clarity on whether they are saying no price protection for refreshed vehicles or not. (If that’s the case, I wish they had said that when I asked.)

I totally get that they want to move preorders along and while I’m frustrated (and don’t see my Max packs anywhere) when I look at the overall picture, the switch to a voucher and time limit seems fine. Just want to be able to get the R1S I’ve been looking forward to for so long.

Rividiculous

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Any thoughts on when “refreshed” R1s will start showing up in the Shop? By June? And what configurations will we see available first? How much might pricing jump?

Rividiculous

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They may not have changed to the voucher approach if they wanted to limit what can be purchased.
Yes, interesting. Changing to the voucher makes it easier to apply the price protection to smaller packs but also to refreshed R1s.
Sponsored