OP
OP
cjones1130

cjones1130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi Q7 , 2023 Red Canyon Rivian R1T
It's not just EV6s... it's almost all EVs.

Polestar 2s have depreciated 30-35%

My Mach-E (MSRP $59K) is now worth mid-40s in trade. That's 30% loss.
Its depressing; I'll be taking a complete bath at this point regardless of how I rid the EV6
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Its depressing; I'll be taking a complete bath at this point regardless of how I rid the EV6
Honestly I wish I would have kept mine and I broke even, especially when you consider the interest rate I had on that loan.

It sucks these wholesale prices are down so much, retail on used EVs right now is still ridiculous if you look at prices for an EV6, Ioniq5, Polestar, Bolt EV, Kona, Niro, etc they are still trying to sell them for more or near new prices. Bottom line though is I guess these prices have to come down so the wholesale prices have to drop first.

Rugbym8t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram TRX
Well I went through the same thing with my Model Y, I was thinking about trading in to Rivian. It was a blood bath, so I just decided to keep the Y. This first year depreciation you are taking is going to mean your value is going to be the same now vs a few months from now. So ask yourself if you need to sell right now. I just decided to keep my Model Y for now. I will trade it on a new fun car later in the year and in the interim, will drive and have fun with it.

1T2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T3YR1T
Clubs

When I traded in my 2016 Acura TLX, Rivian gave $ close to the top of the range of the trade-in value.

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales
If you can, wait a week or two and check the value of your car again. Iā€™ve been looking to sell my ā€˜18 BMW M2 and its value has gone up in the last two weeks. Something is going on with wholesale car prices right now.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I agree there is something odd going on with pricing and values right now. A few of the online places where you can get ā€œestimatesā€ of what your vehicle may be worth have emailed me in the last week saying the value of my Tacoma has gone up. Since I will likely need to sell or trade it in the next month Iā€™m happy if thatā€™s true.
Sponsored