Sponsored

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
Between my wife and I, we had two pre-orders, an R1T ADVENTURE and an R1S LE.

Suffice it to say, we’re disappointed in the way the price increase was handled, and we have no confidence that by downgrading to the lowered specs that are pushed out to 2024 that the prices won’t be raised another 20% then.

We’ve officially canceled both reservations and are moving on.

…started a thread just for cancellations. Chime in.
I completely agree. I feel if I wait it out until 2024 the price will just increase again.

Sponsored

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
I wanted to take some time to contemplate this decision by Rivian and see how I felt 24 hours after, so I asked 2 questions,

1. Is the R1S worth the new price of Almost 130K CAD?
The answer for me is absolutely NO.
This vehicle and the platform in its current form comes with quite a bit of unknowns and short coming. There is still no word on where the RAN DCFC network is and what their timeline is.

I even considered the 100K price point was about 10 to 15K overpriced.

2. If I stick around and If Rivian decides to go back and reduce the price would I consider it?
The answer again is No. First, even if they do plan to, which they won't, just like everything else we will be waiting on a communication limbo.

And even if they did, for me I have lost all trust in Rivian to a point where I can't trust them to keep the prices as-is going forward.

Or once I take delivery, there are no guarantee features and functionality will get locked behind a paywall or additional subscription.

So, with all of that considered, I am officially OUT!

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian: we’re out. Screenshot 2022-03-02 190854

Grabs10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo T8 and f350
I’m unofficially out. With the cancellations and just all the misses from Rivian it makes me wonder outside of major metropolis would their be anywhere to get these serviced if need be. I know they say mobile service available anywhere but I think the potential for them not to follow through on those promise became real recently. Is the warranty really going to be 180,000 miles? The possibility that they won’t be around to honor warranties is becoming real. They haven’t even really started with any significant dedication on building out their charging infrastructure that they promised. Meeting resistance on the Georgia factory which isn’t even needed and lost an on-site battery factory from Samsung which chose an established manufacture for their partnership.

Flushed with cash from the IPO should have been used to get as many R1T’s out and in the hands as they could. I have a lot of traditional truck buyers that were interested in seeing how my R1T worked out and may have generated them a sale or 2 but I think that ship has sailed. Especially at the new prices.

Now they will likely be able to allow Amazon to get more of the $7500 tax credit’s now…. Selling a bunch of R1’s over a couple years would cut into Bezo’s tax credits for his vans he would receive…. 200k threshold can come quick

wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs

PEACE!!!!! :mad:?✌

Orange21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Tiguan
I’ve been waiting three years for my R1S. I understand the delays. Oh and yes I’ll buy a sweatshirt while I wait. I even understand price hikes. But the manner in which they were delivered will be a study in incompetence.

To not offer some consolation or at least partial shield to long time reservation holders. To not quantify the higher cost Rivian is facing to help reservation holders understand. To wait until production ramp to announce the price hikes and conveniently after the IPO. To try to deceive bin calling it an “adjustment.” To try to deflect and market new features which are really just downgrades.

And the worst part is treating different reservation holders unequally. While some are able to sale away at the lower price (including Rivian insiders and RJ himself) most are stuck with the unenviable choice to cancel. Most likely including myself.

goodbye shady rivian.

Sponsored

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
The only bright spot for me is there will be less R1Ts taking up spots at EA stations when I get my F150 Lightning :cool:

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
I am about 99.9% out, but haven't logged into my account to press the cancel button partly because there isn't a real alternative to the R1S at the moment. I understand "inflationary pressures", but is that more important than goodwill and trust of your early supporters/customers?

One of the main reasons I was attracted to Rivian was the value proposition. I was willing to "risk" $70K+ on a new company & a new product at that price point. If the R1S is priced similar to "comparable" competitors, why wouldn't I just go with a more "trusted" brand?

GR

johnking

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, R1S
How I wish the BMW X7 was an EV :) !

Toothmiester

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, Lexus 350
Occupation
dentist
I just waited on hold for 20 minutes to talk to CS rep who was in a very loud room. I’m going to sit on canceling for a week or two, but if nothing changes I’ll be canceling. Sad day for Rivian. Poor decision making seems part of their early culture.
I'm 99% out as well. Same as everyone else - I could probably swing the enormous increase in cost, but as I write this I don't want to reward Rivian's continued behavior with my business.

I believe:
  • The have decontented the vehicle since I placed my preorder.
  • They have continually missed self imposed timing for delivery.
  • They have been unable or unwilling to communicate effectively at every step of the process.
  • Knowingly and willfully misled both customers and investors on the price of the vehicle and the order backlog based on the false pricing model.
  • They have falsely used Covid and inflation as a cover to justify an alteration from a pricing model that was A) never going to exist, and B) completely unsustainable.
I've been somewhat unhappy with Rivian before, but I always believed that any transgressions they might have made were the costs of bringing a vehicle to market - a necessary evil. I had faith that they were going to be able to right the ship, compete with the best EV makers on the planet, and I was going to both have a vehicle and investment I was proud of and could advocate for.

That is no longer the case. It's my belief that Rivian has been deceptive. They have been deceptive in how they showed the vehicle initially, how the vehicle was marketed, and how the vehicle was priced.

I additionally believe they were purposefully deceptive in regard to their IPO, driving institutions and individuals including myself to invest on a lie. There was no product at the price they were advertising, and there was never going to be one. The order backlog was effectively a sham designed largely to inflate IPO pricing and sucker investors into buying shares.

It was a rug pull, yesterday was the pulling, and I am going to attempt to exit myself from the situation while minimizing my loses.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian: we’re out. rawImage~2

Something tells me the OG gang is checking out in the next week or so. The new folks coming in won't appreciate our tongue in cheek salt, I've already ignored more folks in the last 24 hours than my entire time here. I even let @peashooter slide! He was the best of them.

@Administrator , it's been real, it's been fun, but my butt hurts.

@DuckTruck I can't believe we haven't heard from you yet! You too @Lil'O Annie !

@godfodder0901 @SeaGeo @Shzeph @C.R. Rivian @Eeyore @AdamL @sevengroove @Bumble1978 @Taycanfrank , message me if y'all ever get an EV truck this spring/summer and care to meet up. I'm taking the Lightning for sure, holding onto my LE R1T reservation up through day 6 of testing, and getting off the forums.
Sponsored