Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Nix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No Dox
I bought at 20 and more at 18, with plans to buy more if it drops below 17. But only in limited amounts until after the R2 reveal.

I'm waiting to see if the R2 reveal is wildly successful or if the reveal tanks, to determine if I invest more. To me that is more important than dilution or even how long it takes for the R1's to be profitable. None of that matters if the R2 doesn't have a successful launch.

I expect the price to be wildly volatile until if/when the R2 ramp-up is successful. The drop to 11, the rise over 25, is all volatility and not real movement. RIVN is still way too tied to TSLA stock movement as TSLA pushes around the whole EV sector.

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Wow. So then that begs the question, why isn’t Rivian pumping out tons more RDVs?
That was the whole story earlier this year as I recall. Rivian wanted to deliver more vans than Amazon wanted this year and that was where the whole discussion around contract re-negotiation started. Of course hard to say if they can sell them at a profit to other customers, obviously enduro motors and LFP packs is making them cheaper but who knows.

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
Occupation
Software
That was the whole story earlier this year as I recall. Rivian wanted to deliver more vans than Amazon wanted this year and that was where the whole discussion around contract re-negotiation started. Of course hard to say if they can sell them at a profit to other customers, obviously enduro motors and LFP packs is making them cheaper but who knows.
Wow I missed all that. So was Amazon’s contract that crappy for them? Is Amazon backing away from electrifying their fleet?

Sponsored

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Wow I missed all that. So was Amazon’s contract that crappy for them? Is Amazon backing away from electrifying their fleet?
No dude, they’re taking a bit longer than expected to install L2 chargers at their fleet distribution centers? Why assume the worst automatically?

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I tried to sell myself once but with no interest and a lack of maturity. Somehow my wife bought in.

Ronaldinho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 Trans Am, 76 CB750, PDM Max R1T
Clubs

Wow. So then that begs the question, why isn’t Rivian pumping out tons more RDVs?
Single data point here, but the Amazon distribution center nearest me only recently installed the L2 charging infrastructure to support EDVs earlier this summer.

Sharpobjects4321

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot
Occupation
Attorney
also this Contract and development of the EDV was way before the IRA was passed- there has to be demand for Commercial Delivery vehicles with a 7500 credit no cap. they just cant sell them to anyone else yet.

R1TS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Don’t forget Amazon has a first right of refusal to buy. The contract does not force Amazon to buy.

Also, Amazon has a similar contract with Stellantis for their EV RAM ProDrive delivery trucks.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
I am also accepting offers for anyone interested in sponsoring my debt. Will never mature and I will probably die before I pay you back. DM if interested!
Or there is my long-time offering, the "Bob-goes-to-Hawaii" fund. It's a non-profit org featuring decades of fiscal abuse.
Sponsored