Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 bolt 1 Kona ev
Occupation
Bicycle store proprietor
Clubs

I live in a very EV-friendly area. I see a handful of R1 vehicles every single day. They are getting more common.

I have to admit, I see a Lucid maybe once a month, and never see Fisker, of any kind.

I don't think Rivian is comparable to Lucid, at all. They aren't competing in the same segments and don't have the same issues.

Lucid has struggled to sell vehicles since the very beginning. Rivian was selling vehicles just fine until 7% and 8% interest rates. Raising prices didn't help, but lower trim levels have closed that gap.

It makes a great headline "no one wants EVs! Rivian, Lucid, and Tesla are dead!" but I don't think that's reality. They are difficult to afford for most.

When interest comes down, layoffs stop, and the economy improves, Rivian will be fine. They need to come out with a $70k (or lower) trim for the R1S, which will always outsell the R1T. I have no idea about Lucid, maybe Gravity can save them.

I also think that Rivian needs to do two things:
  • A marketing push for pricing + tax credit (because you can technically get R1T and R1S today for sub $65k and sub $70k respectively). Do people know that?

• A roadshow. Take a group of vehicles, transport them across the country for a week each and do test drives on the spot. Walk up, sign up, drive.
Walk Up, Sign Up, Drive, BUY!
Holding our RIVN tight, with the the overall life-enhancing saisfaction with the machine providing constant distraction from the woes of the Wall St. activity.
I long ago suggested taking a page from Aptera - offering asingle launch color and package.
We ponied up with two deposits on the sunmobile and chipped in their Accelerator funder along with 2000 fellow accelerators, some Singaporeans well into seven figures.
Started at no. 70, on the leaderboard now pushed back to near 200.
Journalists are grandstanding for pug in hybrids as the future. Throw a Honda generator in ther bed and there's my hybrid. But remember Bush II said hydrogen was the future.
Ask 10 futurists get 20 forecasts.
Drive on!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.