Not open for further replies.

Gr8Barn

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Tesla Model X ‘22 Rivian R1T 1991 Defender 110
  • Banned
Hold onto to your Rivian gear guard as this is going to be a very choppy ride, with more air pockets. The open interest and volume on long dated PUT options out to Dec 2025 and January 2026 are massive bets that this stock will be in the low single digits before it goes back to a solid double digit stock price closer to $17. These charts both tell the story when you overlay their production and deliveres estimated for 2024. Looks like they were already slowing deliveries into Q4. We will see full-on price declines (as opposed to battery pack pricing shenanigan like they announced last month). I personally am a fan of RIVn and want to see the best for the company, but leadership needs to get a better grip on their public communication and guidance. A flat year for production and sales, with fierce competition will cripple their comeback. Good luck to the shareholders. Love my Rivian still, but can’t ignore the critical part the stock plays (see Lucid, Fisker as examples of single digit, struggling EV-only companies).
Rivian R1T R1S RIVN going to low single digits before it recovers (if it ever does) 😱 IMG_0394

Rivian R1T R1S RIVN going to low single digits before it recovers (if it ever does) 😱 IMG_0393
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

How many threads are you going to start trying to sew negative discord for the stock?

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
Yeah, the bottom is falling out. I'm certainly no expert by any means, but I wouldn't be surprised to see $5/share or maybe lower. Hopefully Rivian doesn't become a penny stock.

BTW, it will be interesting to see if Rivian gets purchased. There was an interesting article on how GM would be poised to purchase Rivian in the current situation.

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

You savy investors realize that if RIVN stock went to $5 they could buy all outstanding shares and go private with less than half of their available equity. Even less if you consider shares owned by RJ, Amazon and other investors.

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
You savy investors realize that if RIVN stock went to $5 they could buy all outstanding shares and go private with less than half of their available equity. Even less if you consider shares owned by RJ, Amazon and other investors.
That would probably have a lasting negative impact on the company for sure, but it wouldn't be the first time that a company went public and then back to private again. The more likely scenario is for the company to get acquired by a bigger fish.

OP
OP
Gr8Barn

Gr8Barn

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
  • Banned
That’s funny. Use the only cash they have to buy the stock and take the company private, while not being able to manufacture vehicles because you spent it on your stock. Not sure their lenders would agree to that as the notes would convert instantly and they would need more cash to buy up those shares. If only it worked out that way in the real world.

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
I live in a very EV-friendly area. I see a handful of R1 vehicles every single day. They are getting more common.

I have to admit, I see a Lucid maybe once a month, and never see Fisker, of any kind.

I don't think Rivian is comparable to Lucid, at all. They aren't competing in the same segments and don't have the same issues.

Lucid has struggled to sell vehicles since the very beginning. Rivian was selling vehicles just fine until 7% and 8% interest rates. Raising prices didn't help, but lower trim levels have closed that gap.

It makes a great headline "no one wants EVs! Rivian, Lucid, and Tesla are dead!" but I don't think that's reality. They are difficult to afford for most.

When interest comes down, layoffs stop, and the economy improves, Rivian will be fine. They need to come out with a $70k (or lower) trim for the R1S, which will always outsell the R1T. I have no idea about Lucid, maybe Gravity can save them.

I also think that Rivian needs to do two things:
  • A marketing push for pricing + tax credit (because you can technically get R1T and R1S today for sub $65k and sub $70k respectively). Do people know that?

• A roadshow. Take a group of vehicles, transport them across the country for a week each and do test drives on the spot. Walk up, sign up, drive.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gr8Barn

Gr8Barn

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How many threads are you going to start trying to sew negative discord for the stock?
Pure facts. Reality. Sorry it doesn’t fit with the rose colored glasses you are wearing. Doesn’t mean I don’t like the vehicle, just providing perspective to ALL Rivian owners, shareholders and potential investors.

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

That’s funny. Use the only cash they have to buy the stock and take the company private, while not being able to manufacture vehicles because you spent it on your stock. Not sure their lenders would agree to that as the notes would convert instantly and they would need more cash to buy up those shares. If only it worked out that way in the real world.
Realize that RJ has a controlling share and Amazon 17%. At $5/share the company is only 5 billion market cap meaning they’d only have to spend 2 billion or so.

seems like a good price to stop listing to all the FUD from investors like yourself.

OP
OP
Gr8Barn

Gr8Barn

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Realize that RJ has a controlling share and Amazon 17%. At $5/share the company is only 5 billion market cap meaning they’d only have to spend 2 billion or so.

seems like a good price to stop listing to all the FUD from investors like yourself.
I think you need to take a basic class in financial accounting, but thanks for trying.

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Pure facts. Reality. Sorry it doesn’t fit with the rose colored glasses you are wearing. Doesn’t mean I don’t like the vehicle, just providing perspective to ALL Rivian owners, shareholders and potential investors.
The point isn’t discussing the situation. It’s about creating new threads on pretty much the same topic of an existing thread

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I think you need to take a basic class in financial accounting, but thanks for trying.
how about you take a basic math class?

your antics are tiring… keep living the troll life friend.

LetsgoRIVN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
I have mid-teens average cost and won’t sell untill it reaches minimum $80. People who think a company that has 100k véhicules out there, $10bn in cash, another car coming out will go bust are dreaming !
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.