Roof lights - how would these look on R1

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Always liked the look of the LR Defender roof light. Wonder how these would look on the R1. Thoughts?

Roof Lights
Sponsored

LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Green Forest Edge
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

They are ok, but it is unlikely that they will mold one for the R1's. The demand just wouldn't pencil. If you are interested, I added a light bar to my front cargo bar. Top of it sits just below so I can still use the bar.

Rivian R1T R1S Roof lights - how would these look on R1 PXL_20230703_192139604

Rivian R1T R1S Roof lights - how would these look on R1 PXL_20230703_203457677

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Nice setup! How’d you handle the wiring and switch? It does seem your crossbar has now become a permanent fixture.

LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

The cable fit very nicely in the slot next to the windshield. Then I just pathed it thru gaps in the plastics to behind the frunk where the 12v batteries are. I have a wireless switch under the with a fob switch inside the cab.

Rivian R1T R1S Roof lights - how would these look on R1 PXL_20230703_202430276

Rivian R1T R1S Roof lights - how would these look on R1 PXL_20230704_143340982

Rivian R1T R1S Roof lights - how would these look on R1 PXL_20230704_143334805

estprft

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIT pre-order
Occupation
beer
Clubs

I like your set-up, might do the same, what light bar did you use?

Sponsored

Si.LE.R1S

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 R1S Launch Edition, ‘20 eTron Chronos Edition
Clubs

LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

Chunll

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Yes, that's the one !
How did you mount the light bar to the crossbar? Do you have a link or is the mount custom made?

Also did you have to run a wire into the interior or just have a wireless go controller?

LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

How did you mount the light bar to the crossbar? Do you have a link or is the mount custom made?

Also did you have to run a wire into the interior or just have a wireless go controller?
I made the bracket to mount them, that you see in my photos. I own a metal shop and can make sets for anyone that wants them.

As for the wiring, I ran it down the edge of the windshield (tucks in there very nicely) then routed it under the plastics to where the 12v battery area is. I used a wireless switch in there so there was no having to

LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

I made the bracket to mount them, that you see in my photos. I own a metal shop and can make sets for anyone that wants them.

As for the wiring, I ran it down the edge of the windshield (tucks in there very nicely) then routed it under the plastics to where the 12v battery area is. I used a wireless switch in there so there was no having to run wires into the cab.

Sponsored

Chunll

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

As for the wiring, I ran it down the edge of the windshield (tucks in there very nicely) then routed it under the plastics to where the 12v battery area is. I used a wireless switch in there so there was no having to run wires into the cab.
Nice! Do you have a link for the wireless switch or any info for the install?
I would definitely be interested in the metal. I’ll shoot over a dm!

LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

Nice! Do you have a link for the wireless switch or any info for the install?
I would definitely be interested in the metal. I’ll shoot over a dm!
This is the one I purchased, but there are many out there. YETOR Remote Control Switch, DC 12V/24V/48V/72V Wireless Switch for Anti-Theft Alarms, Security Systems Roller Lind Door. https://a.co/d/8wgjglK

IGR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
I make things
Clubs

This is my "work in progress" setup. Unfortunately didn't have much time to finish the wiring, but my plan is to tuck wires in the panel gaps, and use wireless switch as well.

The idea is to mount them during off road trips, and remove during everyday driving...

Rob O

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2019 RS5 Sportback, 2018 Raptor, 2020 M4
Occupation
Dad
This is my "work in progress" setup. Unfortunately didn't have much time to finish the wiring, but my plan is to tuck wires in the panel gaps, and use wireless switch as well.

The idea is to mount them during off road trips, and remove during everyday driving...

Nice. I ran the 9-light KC Pro Gravity on my Raptor and loved it. The wind noise sucked, but it was worth it. I’d hopped to do something similar on the R1T. Unfortunately, the hit to aero running them all the time would suck (on top of the wind noise). Will follow to see how you handle quick disconnect and using the load bar for mount/dismount as needed.

NJRivianR1S

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
This is the one I purchased, but there are many out there. YETOR Remote Control Switch, DC 12V/24V/48V/72V Wireless Switch for Anti-Theft Alarms, Security Systems Roller Lind Door. https://a.co/d/8wgjglK
Looks amazing. I might buy that light bar. Do you have any glare in the car itself when they are on? OR is it far enough forward that it doesnt come in the sunroof?
Sponsored