First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Artist
Got in my 2022 R1T this morning and all the screens were (mostly) blank. The app unlocked the truck no problem, and I was able to shift into gear, but screens remained blank for about two full minutes then suddenly populated. I didn't do any updates or chage anything since I drove it two days ago. Has anyone seen this issue before? Makes me wonder if something worse is coming, or if this is "normal" behavior. Truck has 8000 miles and never had an issue like this.
Rivian R1T R1S Screens blank - WTF? IMG_7304
Sponsored

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
Yikes. Did you try a soft reset?

OP
OP

MookieMV

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Artist
I didn't. Everything came back to life before I needed more advanced troubleshooting.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Quad
I had that happen once while I was driving. An infotainment reboot fixed it. Only has happened once to me in 11,000 miles.

Sponsored

harkirath

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Happened to me last week. Was out on a drive and when I reversed, I didn't get any of the rear camera guide lines. So I did a reset of the vehicle. When it came back on, I had blank screens. I started driving and they soon populated. Not sure if it was a delay to the reset or what but I haven't had the issue since.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
What's the best way to check 12v?
I recall seeing a low voltage info section in the RiDE diagnostics..

Rivian Diagnostic Engine (RiDE) is Rivian’s onboard diagnostic and service interface.
Rivian RIDE Menu Password: 33748

Tap top menu bar 5 times, swipe up on app launcher to find the RiDE icon, tap 5 times on the Thomas Edison quote, then enter code 33748.

Interact and use AT YOUR OWN RISK.

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
I had this happen in our 2022 R1S (delivered March 2023) - and it got progressively worse. The Bellevue SC had quite a time diagnosing the problem and ended up switching out the "master module" and some other bits. They took 3 weeks but it's been rock solid since. One major inconvenience is that this lost all my settings - destinations, garage doors, preferences, PAAK, audio setup, personal settings - everything.
Sponsored