Denver_Paulie

Denver_Paulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Porsche Taycan CT4s, '23 Rivian R1T
Do we all have "Delivery scheduling opens soon" on the website waiting?

That is my current status - pending delivery scheduling. I have completed all 8 steps, have had a guide reach out, but have been pending notification for almost a week now.

Honestly, after seeing the ocean coast interior, I am tempted to be put back into the store queue.
Sponsored

someallenguy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

4-6 weeks seems to be the default answer that guides give. I locked in my order on 5/11 and I could've taken deliver in Normal the following week, but work got in the way. I pinged my guide this Monday and it was in Ohio making it's way to Brooklyn. He estimated another 1-2 weeks to get to Brooklyn and another 1-2 weeks for PDI to be on the safe side

andisimose

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas
Mine left normal on Wednesday and was in Richmond, checked in and already being PDI’d(?) when I talked with my guide on Monday.
Seems they can move fast from normal to Richmond at least.
Normal to Richmond, VA, in... less than two weeks? I don't remember exactly now and don't feel like digging up my old thread, but it was fast. Literally took longer to complete the paperwork and transfer funds and the vehicle was already there waiting for me. 😊

BG_ATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cadillac CTS
Hmmm thanks for all these perspectives also. I got one from shop a couple days ago and it was in Normal. Guide says could arrive at service center by early next week but I'm not that hopeful now. I'm going to take delivery in Austin TX...
Also in Austin. I locked in on one in the R1S shop on 5/13, shipping from Normal. I was told 4 weeks given shipping process.

Sponsored

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

5/1 got VIN
5/2 got a “Your vehicle is ready to leave the factory” email
5/16 Rivian Insurance Rep suggested my truck shipped the week prior and to expect early June delivery
5/19 got another “Your vehicle is ready to leave the factory” email
5/23 Guide tells me the truck is still in IL, not at the factory but “in the vicinity” and it won’t be to Portland for 2-3 weeks.

At this point I have no idea where it is, I just know I need it by mid-June due to a move and financing.

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

I am in Denver, which seems to be one of the ground zero delivery spots for Rivian, so I was optimistic that the process could move quickly. I was granted store access within 36 hours of my deposit and picked out a nice white R1T Adventure with the 22's in black. It seems the vehicle I chose is an early April build and was still sitting in Normal, so I inquired if I could arrange for factory pick up. My guide shared that the vehicle was already in the shipping queue for rail delivery to Denver and would be available for pick up in four to six weeks.

Thanks in advance.
We put our deposit down in October. On March 13th we for the email about configuring our R1T. About 2 weeks later they gave us the VIN number and on April 18th we got the text message from the SC that it was in transit. Everything I read said 2 weeks from Normal to Sacramento....sure enough, 2 weeks to the day it arrived and they took another day to prep it. I have also heard that it only takes a week to get to the location on rails (my father-in-law is a retire rail worker. He told me it should only take 3 to 4 days). So, I think it got to Reno in about a week and then they had it for a few days before delivering it.

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

5/1 got VIN
5/16 Rivian Insurance Rep suggested my truck shipped the week prior and to expect early June delivery
5/23 Guide tells me the truck is still in IL, not at the factory but “in the vicinity” and it won’t be to Portland for 2-3 weeks.

At this point I have no idea where it is, I just know I need it by mid-June due to a move and financing.
We were told back in mid April that it would be "Mid May".....we picked it up on May 3rd.

OP
OP
Denver_Paulie

Denver_Paulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Porsche Taycan CT4s, '23 Rivian R1T
I really appreciate the team contributing to this threat. It seams that in many cases Rivian under promises and over delivers when it comes to delivery times.

I hope that is the case for me. I have an event in Omaha in the middle of June that I would love to use as my break in road trip. Then do a week on the western slope of Colorado for the 4th of July week.

Hyfly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
5/1 got VIN

I wonder how much the guides know.
I also got the 'Your vehicle is ready to leave the factory' email on May 9th and then again on May 19th.
I asked my guide and he said the 2nd email was sent by accident and is assuring me it shipped back when I got the first email.
He is also saying it won't be to the SC until the week of June 5th. To me that seems like a long time to be in transit but what do I know.
I am hoping the Guides just have general responses and that it actually shows up sooner. But who knows. Maybe still in IL like your guide said yours is.

Sponsored

kyledmb

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Clubs

Update: After locking in my selection from the R1 shop on May 25, my guide today confirmed it is on a truck in Idaho (en route to Bellevue, WA SC). He said it would arrive in 1 to 1.5 weeks to the SC. I find that hard to believe, considering commercial trucking from ID to Western WA should only be 3 days +/-.

It was shipping from Normal, and so even if it left Normal on the 26th, it has made quick progress on that truck.

gregtay

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S LS/OC, '21 Escalade, '13 RS5 Cab
On a call yesterday, my guide confirmed shipping from Normal via trucking is something they are doing. Not sure how common it is, but he indicated that it is faster than rail to its destination. Makes sense I guess. I hope mine gets put on a truck! I'd love to take delivery in 2-3 weeks.
My guide mentioned this on the phone yesterday as well. He confirmed that my R1S was switched from Rail to Truck transport which should speed things up significantly.

gregtay

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S LS/OC, '21 Escalade, '13 RS5 Cab
Update: After locking in my selection from the R1 shop on May 25, my guide today confirmed it is on a truck in Idaho (en route to Bellevue, WA SC). He said it would arrive in 1 to 1.5 weeks to the SC. I find that hard to believe, considering commercial trucking from ID to Western WA should only be 3 days +/-.

It was shipping from Normal, and so even if it left Normal on the 26th, it has made quick progress on that truck.
That brings me some hope... I also picked my R1S from the store on May 25th and it is also headed to Bellevue from Normal. As of today, it is still in Normal... but loading on a truck soon. And I have had lots of cars shipped over the years and sometime the speed at which a truck can move across the US seems impossible (with all the rules they place on drivers). But I have also had a few shipments that seemed like they were stopping to tour every truck stop along the way.

q177onique

First Name
Monique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
5/12: Picked from the shop
5/19: Email notification that car was getting ready to leave Normal
5/22: Guide called and confirmed car was on the way
5/25: Houston service center texted to expect delivery week of 6/12
update to my timeline:
Guide texted yesterday and said R1S had arrived at the service center. I reached out to the service center as they had originally given me a delivery timeframe of the week of 6/12. Service center said guide was wrong and it was still on a train 😭

someallenguy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

4-6 weeks seems to be the default answer that guides give. I locked in my order on 5/11 and I could've taken deliver in Normal the following week, but work got in the way. I pinged my guide this Monday and it was in Ohio making it's way to Brooklyn. He estimated another 1-2 weeks to get to Brooklyn and another 1-2 weeks for PDI to be on the safe side
Update to my own post. My R1S arrived in Brooklyn yesterday and is going through PDI. 1 week from shop to train, 2 weeks from train to Brooklyn.
Sponsored