Sponsored

Shop Lead Time Estimates vs Reality

Teddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Just finally talked to someone as someone from Rivian called; they're claiming basically that the Port of Portland told them the 19th they could have it. Conveniently a Monday! Interesting....

blim

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (on order)
Update on my order from 1/19. My guide told me it arrived at the Sacramento SC but still needs to be transported to the SC in the Bay Area, which could be by early next week. Still have not received any actual date estimate nor have I been able to schedule anything.
So, it’s now “early next week” and my R1S is not yet at the service center. Still no pickup date scheduled. Hoping there’s some movement soon.

OP
OP

NauticalSpiR1T

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T DMP Max Pack
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Just got the truck today! The wait felt like an eternity, but it was well worth it! Just installed the EVSportiline tonneau cover and put in the WeatherTech floor mats. Got a long trip planned tomorrow and going to learn a lot more about the truck! Really happy to be a part of this community!

Teddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Congrats!!! Ours was supposed to be today as well but it's apparently delayed at the Port here; we purchased almost exactly the same day, Interesting!

Sponsored

blim

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (on order)
So, it’s now “early next week” and my R1S is not yet at the service center. Still no pickup date scheduled. Hoping there’s some movement soon.
Update! They just reached out and scheduled a pickup date for me (2/27). Was hoping it’d be earlier than that. That would put the end-to-end time at ~5 weeks from order to pickup.

blim

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (on order)
Picked mine up today! Took off the wheel covers and added the crossbars.

Rivian R1T R1S Shop Lead Time Estimates vs Reality 59B0A537-FBE5-4E0D-9822-843BDE33868D

Rivian R1T R1S Shop Lead Time Estimates vs Reality 8B18124B-90BF-4F4A-A1B6-ABC2494389F8

Last edited:

R1v1anNoob

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Sales
Clubs

Ordered mine from the shop on 02/20. 1-6 week estimate. Nothing from my guide and I’ve completed all tasks aside from the insurance. Hope in can get this by mid March but I assume that’s wishful thinking.

ryunited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
I ordered from the shop on 2/15 (claim was 1-6 week lead time by that point) and status has been 'Ready for Purchase' with 'delivery scheduling opens soon' as timing forecast since.

My guide told me that the vehicle is coming all the way to NJ from CA so assuming it will be the long end of that delivery spectrum.

Does anyone know what the stages of status and delivery forecast are? Do you ever get a hard date or week window?

Sadly, my guide (who was awesome) passed me off to a delivery guide who I find less responsive.

blim

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (on order)
I ordered from the shop on 2/15 (claim was 1-6 week lead time by that point) and status has been 'Ready for Purchase' with 'delivery scheduling opens soon' as timing forecast since.

My guide told me that the vehicle is coming all the way to NJ from CA so assuming it will be the long end of that delivery spectrum.

Does anyone know what the stages of status and delivery forecast are? Do you ever get a hard date or week window?

Sadly, my guide (who was awesome) passed me off to a delivery guide who I find less responsive.
I only received a hard date when my car was loaded off the train. Then I was able to book an earlier date when it arrived at the service center a few days later. It took around 3 weeks by rail from Illinois to California then another week until I was able to pick it up — Ordered on 1/21 and picked up on 2/22.

Sponsored

ryunited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
I only received a hard date when my car was loaded off the train. Then I was able to book an earlier date when it arrived at the service center a few days later. It took around 3 weeks by rail from Illinois to California then another week until I was able to pick it up — Ordered on 1/21 and picked up on 2/22.
This is so helpful. Thanks much!

Teddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Finally got our R1S! ... after a lot of churn with multiple people at the SC answering text messages and getting really confused and adding more time to the process. :CWL:

TTedP

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 R1T DM, Large
Occupation
Telecom
I think battery type matters. I ordered a Standard+ config on 2/20 and my guide told me it’s built but they can’t ship until they get some updated federal certification sticker(?) - may be any day or another 3-4 weeks. Large or Max batteries may ship sooner.

R1v1anNoob

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Sales
Clubs

Ordered mine on 02/19 and I got my delivery scheduled today for 03/22. Was provided a 1-6 week time frame. Chomping at the bit here!

TTedP

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 R1T DM, Large
Occupation
Telecom
Ordered mine on 02/19 and I got my delivery scheduled today for 03/22. Was provided a 1-6 week time frame. Chomping at the bit here!
Which battery?
Sponsored