First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T DMP Max Pack
Occupation
Sales Engineer
I'm curious about everyone's timing on shop orders compared to what the website says.

- I ordered test drove a truck on 1/13 and placed an order that same day through the shop. The shop gave an estimate of 1-2 weeks for delivery.
- I got in touch with my guide an she told me the truck was scheduled to be delivered to the SC the "first week of February"
- Today (1/24) I received notification to schedule pickup of the R1T on 2/13.

This is about 5 weeks as opposed to the website's guestimates. Is Rivian likely going to surprise me with an earlier pickup date, or is it likely that this schedule might get pushed back further.

I'm located in Tampa, FL and placed and order for a dual motor performance with a max pack.
Sponsored

Scyoung1

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I placed a shop order with a 1 to 2 week delivery timeframe. My guide told me realistically to expect it to be 5 to 6 weeks. At the end of the 3rd week I was told my vehicle was ready for pickup. I’m located in NY and the truck was coming from the factory in IL. I was surprised to find out the truck was shipped via rail which I was told caused delays depending on the number of stops the train makes.

OP
OP

NauticalSpiR1T

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T DMP Max Pack
Occupation
Sales Engineer
I placed a shop order with a 1 to 2 week delivery timeframe. My guide told me realistically to expect it to be 5 to 6 weeks. At the end of the 3rd week I was told my vehicle was ready for pickup. I’m located in NY and the truck was coming from the factory in IL. I was surprised to find out the truck was shipped via rail which I was told caused delays depending on the number of stops the train makes.
That will help me keep my hopes up for a potential early delivery. I can't imagine how people waited a couple of years for a build date. I don't have that kind of patience.

timeslip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S
The 1-2w on their website is extremely misleading and false advertising. I placed the order on 1/20 and when I inquired on 1/22, they told me to expect it around mid Feb! That was unacceptable in my case, as I have a specific reason that I needed it in the next 2 weeks (3 max). Fortunately, they found a near identical match but I had to drive down to SoCal (I am in NorCal) to take delivery. The discrepancy is that the car does not have the 20" AT. They are working through the logistics to help me get the exact config.

If this works out, I will give them a lot of credit for correcting what I believe is false advertising.

OP
OP

NauticalSpiR1T

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T DMP Max Pack
Occupation
Sales Engineer
The 1-2w on their website is extremely misleading and false advertising. I placed the order on 1/20 and when I inquired on 1/22, they told me to expect it around mid Feb! That was unacceptable in my case, as I have a specific reason that I needed it in the next 2 weeks (3 max). Fortunately, they found a near identical match but I had to drive down to SoCal (I am in NorCal) to take delivery. The discrepancy is that the car does not have the 20" AT. They are working through the logistics to help me get the exact config.

If this works out, I will give them a lot of credit for correcting what I believe is false advertising.
Did you just communicate through your guide to get this worked out?

Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson

Lol- that is white glove service compared to what happened to a lot of folks in the early days.

Edgeofred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Aviator
I'm curious about everyone's timing on shop orders compared to what the website says.

- I ordered test drove a truck on 1/13 and placed an order that same day through the shop. The shop gave an estimate of 1-2 weeks for delivery.
- I got in touch with my guide an she told me the truck was scheduled to be delivered to the SC the "first week of February"
- Today (1/24) I received notification to schedule pickup of the R1T on 2/13.

This is about 5 weeks as opposed to the website's guestimates. Is Rivian likely going to surprise me with an earlier pickup date, or is it likely that this schedule might get pushed back further.

I'm located in Tampa, FL and placed and order for a dual motor performance with a max pack.
Also in Tampa, ordered from Shop 1/18 was told 1st week of Feb that truck coming from factory to the Tampa SC. Now I am guessing they may ship ours together for 2/13.

OP
OP

NauticalSpiR1T

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T DMP Max Pack
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Also in Tampa, ordered from Shop 1/18 was told 1st week of Feb that truck coming from factory to the Tampa SC. Now I am guessing they may ship ours together for 2/13.
Have they scheduled your delivery yet?

Edgeofred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Aviator
Have they scheduled your delivery yet?
Guide said it is scheduled for 2/7 but could change due to …. Blah blah blah. Again, maybe we will take delivery at the same time. Also, They have yet to send me the wall charger.

blim

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (on order)
Ordered from the shop on 1/19 and was also told it was in the factory and it’d be 4-6 weeks to take delivery (NorCal). Haven’t been able to schedule a pickup date yet but was told a few days ago that it left the factory and is being transported via rail.

Sponsored

OP
OP

NauticalSpiR1T

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T DMP Max Pack
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Guide said it is scheduled for 2/7 but could change due to …. Blah blah blah. Again, maybe we will take delivery at the same time. Also, They have yet to send me the wall charger.
That's awesome that yours is about 2 weeks sooner than mine. I ended up ordering the rivian wall charger and scheduling an electrician at the same time. The rivian charger took forever just to ship out and I ended up just ordering a charge point charger from Amazon. Im in the process of returning the rivian wall charger.

Teddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I'm glad I found this thread; we nabbed one of the shop R1S's (quad) on the 15th of January, it said "1-2 weeks" which is just complete false advertising. Our guide won't give us a specific date, only that "it's being shipped by rail" and is vaguely claiming mid-late February to Oregon, but his phrasing of time periods keeps shifting around, which isn't filling me with confidence.

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Ask 100 people you're going to get 101 different experiences.

For me, I reserved a Max Pack on 2/24/2022 (in just before the March price increase). Got shop access sometime around late 2022 or very early 2023. Hemmed & hawed for a couple months before finally selecting one from the shop 3/20/2023. Got a bit of miscommunication a couple days after that (guide said it was on a train, but SC said it was already there). Turns out SC was correct and it was there waiting for me. Took me longer to do the paperwork and schedule a day off work to Amtrak down to Richmond SC to get it. Picked up at Richmond SC 3/31/2023. I could have gotten it sooner if I didn't have to schedule time off work. February 2023 build, 19xxx VIN.

TL;DR. I literally could have had it within a week if I hadn't had to wait for my deposit $$$ to move from my online savings account to Bank of America (so it would work with the Plaid transfer), and schedule the train ride from Northern Virginia down to Richmond. This made my very first EV driving experience the hellscape journey from Richmond back to Northern Virginia on I95, haha.😆

Side note: at one point I also had reservations for a custom Chevy Silverado WT, Cybertruck, Silverado EV, and even a Canoo truck. No one took as good care of me as Rivian (Chevy "stealership" took my deposit money on the Silverado and waited four months to tell me they weren't going to produce the truck).

7,500 miles later the truck is still running great. Obviously everyone's experience is going to be different. But I can't speak highly enough of my guide and the Richmond SC team who helped me immensely.