Sponsored

Bought a truck from the shop - no word from Rivian

Jeep Addict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
A week ago I located a 2024 R1T from the shop, reserved it, went through all the steps, including paying for it and have not heard a peep from Rivian. No email (except order confirmation), no call, no text, no intro to guide, no updates for 7 days.

Either this is “working as expected” (yet different from my prior purchase experiences) in an efficient and automated way, or I should perhaps worry…

Anyone else get the cold shoulder after buying a truck from the shop recently? How long until they contacted you?
My experience 10 days ago was entirely different; this may be because of end of quarter volume pressure though.

I found a R1S that I liked on the shop, got some wildly inaccurate info from a sales/customer service person. Ordered, paid $1,000 deposit, got the VIN immediately. Had some surreal email exchanges with my "guide" to complete the steps, which took a day. During this time the shop was saying 1 to 4 weeks delivery.

Once everything was completed I received an email within 24 hrs informing me of delivery 3 days later at the service center nearest to me.

During the process I wanted to know if the R1S's in the shop actually existed in this dimension somewhere on planet Earth. I wanted a VIN to get an insurance quote after reading about some of the astronomically high prices others were paying, but Rivian keeps VIN's a guarded secret until you pay a deposit.

Then, they said they would have to ship the R1S to my service center... without knowing which VIN, because they didn't know which R1S I was considering... then they said it would be at least 4 weeks because they only use trucks near end of quarter, and mine, you know the one I hadn't picked yet that had no VIN, would have to be shipped via rail.
Sponsored

R1SFamilyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Occupation
I do software things

Jeep Addict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Are you saying you could see the VIN under your Account but they didn’t know?! :surprised:
No, I hadn't paid the non-refundable $1,000, and I couldn't see the VIN until I had. There were at least a dozen R1S's in the shop when I was shopping, paid the $1,000 on March 25th, picked up the R1S on March 30th.

runningdenver

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S QM
Occupation
Tech
I have a VIN and all - I had to get it on my insurance. I assume it’s just waiting game, but unnerving giving them 100k without any feedback.

we’ll see. I keep waiting.
not that it helps here, but you don't need to get them the money until 24 hours before pickup, and also getting the insurance. The process will continue without that.

When I needed to get hold of someone, and couldn't figure out who my guide was - I just did the chat option in the rivian.com site. The person was very helpful, and got me my guide info.

Hopefully it'll be quick for you. Well worth it. Good luck !

ssbmx90

First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sti, Tesla
Occupation
Secret
You can always call and get a new guide if you want. The whole process is crazy from my experience, but you “will” get a vehicle eventually… lol. Just make sure you look it over real good like I mentioned, I would even go as far as double checking the lug nut torque considering all the random build quality issues people report.

Sponsored

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
The guide assignment process is suppose to be automatic. When I selected my truck from the shop last summer, I didn't get a guide. I had to call in and eventually got one assigned a couple days later. My recommendation is to call in and see what the deal is.

Midnight2024

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Medicine
The concept of a Rivian Guide is a farce! They hire children who have barely read the manual if at all. The support staff is excellent. Rivian didn’t want to hear how lackadaisical their guides were. I sent the administrative staff an email without ever getting a reply!
Sponsored