Sponsored

Suspension/Compressor Constantly Adjusting/Running(Standard Ride Height, All Purpose, Kneel turned OFF)

chryses

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Clubs

I have about 2K miles on my R1S. Every time I get in and start driving the compressor kicks on for several minutes and the suspension adjusts itself (seemingly endlessly). And even after the hum of the compressor turns off, I get the thunk/clunk (repeated knocking noise from the left rear) pretty much my entire drive. This was definitely not the case when I first got the car. It also noticeably lowers itself after I park and exit the vehicle. As noted in the thread title, I am driving in All-Purpose with Standard height and Kneel mode is turned off. For awhile I thought it was perhaps the difference in temp between a heated garage and colder outdoor air, but it still happens now that things have warmed up outside (including when the indoor and outdoor temps are the same). And in any event, it starts running/clunking when I’m still in the garage (this is a large garage in the city so I drive a little bit before I get outside).

I am planning to take it in to have service take a look and see if there’s a leak, but wanted to get feedback from people here. Is this normal behavior/something that most folks are experiencing?
Sponsored

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

I’ve noticed my suspension has been a bit more chatty after the last software update. I also have Auto off and Kneel mode off, and drive primarily on All Purpose in Standard height.

Surferdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I turned kneel mode off because it was inconsistent. It's now in all purpose / standard height mode and I often get random adjustments occuring while moving or stopped. No rhyme or reason, it has a mind of its own.

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

I’ve noticed my suspension has been a bit more chatty after the last software update. I also have Auto off and Kneel mode off, and drive primarily on All Purpose in Standard height.
VERY odd.
I actually have noticed my suspension adjusts appreciably LESS since the latest software update. Though I'm in Auto Ride Height all the time.

Joe Hoffman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S & 2013 CMAX Energi Plugin
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I noticed click reductions after a recent software update. I also find auto mode results in more clicking so lately I’ve been running in standard.
I agree it just seems like too much clicking going on.

did you try rebooting the vehicle?

Sponsored

Boo23

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
CEO
I have an early VIN R1S and have had no issues. Kneel mode might seem sporadic as it will cancel if you open a door as it’s kneeling, if I wait it’s never failed.

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I have an early VIN R1S and have had no issues. Kneel mode might seem sporadic as it will cancel if you open a door as it’s kneeling, if I wait it’s never failed.
Yeah I do wonder if some people don't realize if you open the door it stops.

I actually do have an issue with my compressor that's being looked at via mobile today. I used it for the first time in months to top off my tires, and it took one of my tires from 50 to 14psi in just seconds LOL.

Thinking we have a connection issue.

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

And its fixed.

Someone at my local SC seems to have an issue attaching things. lol
Sponsored