Sponsored

MrMusAddict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Data Analyst
What's interesting here is the implication that there's going to be a third R1 vehicle (taking the profile at face value, but that's probably not a good idea since it's identical to the bottom "Affordable Mass Market" one).

Maybe they'll load a max-pack battery into the EDV, and market it as an R1V?

OP
OP

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
They did trademark the r1x moniker which would make sense for current gen unknown vehicles.

Reactions: Rod

Sponsored

Tenn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Forest Green, Forest Edge
Occupation
Engineer Manager
R1X = 2 row R1S with shorter wheelbase, more tire clearance, add the winch we were promised in 2020, maybe a mechanical locker, a software package with a bunch more off-road apps, decontent all the faciness in the cabin ala R3X and et voila - you can charge the same or more as an R1S and can capture a new demo.

Rivian is making nothing but right moves. Solid design, convincingly green ‘street cred…a leader who isn’t an insufferable asshole - I’m happy to see that we’ll be able to see some of these products to market.

joesimonsen

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
. In the affordable mass market category I’d almost say they need a basic car without a lot of special features and a solid 300+ mile range with good charging. Then a price tag that makes it on par with an ICE car of the same specs. I also wonder what other commercial type vehicles we could see

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Maybe R1SXL built on R1T platform for a bigger R1S

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I hope if the top one in the gen 2 column is the R1X, that they reveal it before they start shipping quad motor R1Ts so I can decide which to buy. It does kind of look like it could be a T cab with a shorter removable top where the bed goes. Like it's on the S skateboard instead of the T.