Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Still waiting..thought it may be related to VIN but I am down in the 7,XXX area and still haven't received it. It's killing me. I just want new visuals.
Last couple of updates, our R1S has gotten it first. We bought it a year after my R1T, VINs are in the same 3XXX range. Two updates ago my R1T was more than a week after when the R1S got it the same night it was released.
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I would hope its not waiting for others to download. If so, there should be a window. 4 hours and you wait till next day etc. Many people are sitting on this waiting for days to make sure there isn't some sort of problem.
It downloads before it notifys you, there is no action to download only install.

simplyrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I am 99% sure I found the clicking is related to the mechanical connection to the brake pedal having some play and the retaining clip is also able to rattle. Under Driver+ the braking system is repeatedly engaging/disengaging on flat roads which slightly moves the brake pedal and makes the noise. I thought is was a relay until I reached my hand under the dash and could feel the brake pedal attachment itself has play as well as the noisy retaining clip. It also makes the noise as the car rolls to a stop and the HOLD prepares to engage.
I had this issue took it to a SC and they fixed it. The brake pedal started to work loose at rattle especially during driver + usage.

R1TCntrlMaIzzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Computer Sci Stuff
I installed the update last night. I have not done a lot of driving since.

-I like the camera with the turn signal
-I like the new climate screen layout and options
-I like the font
-I like the added low regen option
-I am indifferent to the drive mode graphics
-I love Gary. Oops different thread
-I am fine without carplay or android auto. Ha, another thread as well, haha

I do want the g casting feature and the ability to change the interior lighting.

Sponsored

RedRaiderRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T - Canyon Red
Clubs

-I am fine without carplay or android auto. Ha, another thread as well, haha
From the 2024 JD power initial quality survey

"Also, problems with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay persist as the feature remains one of the top 10 problems as customers experience difficulties connecting to their vehicle or losing connection."

So keep Carplay and AA out of my Rivian. We don't want it. We don't need it.

KidThunder

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Entertainment
Clubs

So far the visuals are great, the blind spot camera is nice.

The only thing is that the low regen option does SEEM to do anything? Going 40mph, it felt like there wasn't any additional coasting when you let off the accelerator between any of the modes (High, Standard, Low) so I'm not sure where we are supposed to feel the differences.

Nano

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1S, 18 MDX, 71 240Z
Occupation
Business owner
Just took my R1S out on a errand run and I can say the suspension change is significant. I was driving in All Purpose, Soft, High Regen, Standard height and it is MUCH more composed over manhole covers, pot holes, etc. I even have a couple speed bumps to go over and it was noticeably improved. I wish I could drive my Gen 1 compared to Gen 2 to see the actual difference but I am so thankful for Rivian for the update. Soft now feels like what I hoped it would be a more insulated composed luxury ride.

I didn't think the font change would be that big of a deal but it is much easier on the eyes and easier to read at a glance. This has been the most meaningful update yet and I am thankful!!

Sponsored

sstevens805

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, 1969 Cadillac Convertible
Occupation
Transportation
- do not like the new Soft ride on All Purpose, the ride is okay but the steering wheel is too loose
For some reason I thought we couldn't adjust steering effort/sensitivity the way you can in a Tesla? Can we do this with the current software or is this a change in the new software?

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
I got the update yesterday but only drove it once. The blind side camera is a nice feature, but this sure highlights how bad those particular cameras are. Two specific issues that I see with those are that the cameras are aimed downward too much, which limits the view, and also I was driving around sunset and the one side was very dark in the shade, while the other side was fine. Need to see how they work at night.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

Blind spot cameras are nice, but it will be an adjustment for me. After decades of looking at my mirrors or over my shoulder I’m not used to looking forward and down when I hit the turn signal :CWL:

Also, the steering wheel kinda blocks the left turn display where I have it set. Still thankful to have it as an option!

KRG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T DM
Occupation
Tech Bro
Clubs

For some reason I thought we couldn't adjust steering effort/sensitivity the way you can in a Tesla? Can we do this with the current software or is this a change in the new software?
it changes based on the drive mode, but I don’t think you can change it individually like with Tesla. Unless they changed that with this update.

ryunited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Just took my R1S out on a errand run and I can say the suspension change is significant. I was driving in All Purpose, Soft, High Regen, Standard height and it is MUCH more composed over manhole covers, pot holes, etc. I even have a couple speed bumps to go over and it was noticeably improved. I wish I could drive my Gen 1 compared to Gen 2 to see the actual difference but I am so thankful for Rivian for the update. Soft now feels like what I hoped it would be a more insulated composed luxury ride.

I didn't think the font change would be that big of a deal but it is much easier on the eyes and easier to read at a glance. This has been the most meaningful update yet and I am thankful!!
Oh man. Cant wait to get the install notification!
Sponsored