Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian r1s
Occupation
retired
Clubs

Unofficial A2Z adapter YouTube review.

I just ordered one using Rivian discount code and will use it until the official one shows up.

How much was the discount?...wish I would have seen this sooner as I just ordered one an hour ago.
Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Here is the official response from my Guide:

Thanks for reaching out about the Tesla adapters. Here is what we know as of today:

We’re offering a free NACS DC adapter to all Rivian owners in the US and Canada to enable charging at over 15,000 Tesla Superchargers across North America.

We’ll email all existing Rivian owners in early April with instructions on how to opt-in to receive an adapter*. Once you’ve confirmed your interest, we’ll follow up to confirm your mailing address when your adapter is ready to be shipped.

Adapters will begin shipping in April, and we’ll prioritize our longest-standing owners for earliest fulfillment.

*For those taking delivery after in April and beyond, we’ll contact you separately about getting your adapter.

We are getting so close, woohoo, stay tuned and watch your email!
Glad they are prioritizing in order of purchase of truck. I can say that because I am a 3xxx R1T....

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
Lectron vs A2Z adapter...any idea which one is better? There's a 7% off code for Lectron too, so the price difference is only $20

Litup

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Toyota Tundra 21
Occupation
Portfolio Management
Does anyone have a link to an adapter I can buy that would work with Tesla chargers... Headed in a couple days on a 2,000 + mile trip and would sure be nice to have that option.

Amazon? would it work as I'm thinking?

Thanks in advance

Coj

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC90 T8
Occupation
Real Estate
Credit to Reddit for noticing first.

Update the vehicle to the latest software and the app. You must have software version 2024.7.2+

Now I just need an adapter and preferably the free official Rivian / Tesla

Rivian Access to Tesla SC’ers has gone LIVE

***Breaking News***

Rivian access to Tesla Superchargers has officially gone live !!!

PLEASE NOTE: To see the chargers in the app and Your vehicle, you need to Unhide chargers requiring adapters. In the car it’s under the Hide tab on the main nav screen.

In the app it’s located here :

Open app>navigation tab(bottom middle icon)>lighting bolt(top right) >hide>hit toggle Adapter needed.

Tesla chargers will appear.

This is a huge thing for all Rivian owners especially for roadtripping. No information about Tesla/Rivian adapters shipping or shipping time has been confirmed or released.

IMG_8897.jpeg
IMG_8898.jpeg

IMG_8901.png
IMG_8902.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rivian/s/C8ek7PHRXe
YES!! Found a Magic Dock, the only one in CT, or right across the border in Brewster NY and used it . SOOO FAST to charge and so easy to get set up on the Tesla app. Good news both the Rivian and Tesla app's tell you how to use them either with the magic doc adapter or your own.

Sponsored

Coj

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC90 T8
Occupation
Real Estate
Lectron vs A2Z adapter...any idea which one is better? There's a 7% off code for Lectron too, so the price difference is only $20
These will not work. You have to wait till the official Rivian/Tesla adaptors arrive.

Rivian in CO

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S 2024; Honda Element 2008
Occupation
IT stuff
$29.55 discount STATEOFCHARGE
Worth $160 to see if this works..

Thanks. And for others' benefit, it looks like the RIVIAN discount code saves the the same amount, $29.55.

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3
Occupation
Tech Guy
Clubs

Has anyone signed up for the Tesla Supercharging membership to get the lower pricing? And, if so, will the plug & charge use the member pricing?

Coj

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC90 T8
Occupation
Real Estate
Rivian R1S And R1T Owners Can Now Charge At Tesla Superchargers

Plug & charge works, too, and owners don’t even need the Tesla smartphone app.

The Rivian R1T pickup and R1S all-electric SUV can now be recharged at Tesla Superchargers using an adapter that’s sold separately, reports on social media show.

https://insideevs.com/news/712748/rivian-r1s-r1t-tesla-supercharger-access-open/
From what I have read those sites are trying to sell you a third party adaptor that will not work. Only the Rivian/Tesla adaptors they are sending out will work and are authorized to be used.

Rivian in CO

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S 2024; Honda Element 2008
Occupation
IT stuff
From what I have read those sites are trying to sell you a third party adaptor that will not work. Only the Rivian/Tesla adaptors they are sending out will work and are authorized to be used.
Please tell us more...where did you read this?

Sponsored

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
These will not work. You have to wait till the official Rivian/Tesla adaptors arrive.
Not true....the adapter is "dumb", and Fords are charging just fine with the 3rd party adapters (even though the claimed the same thing that you have to wait for the official adapter)

From my understanding the official adapters may take months to arrive, and Rivian may be imminently enabling access. Some people have already tested and been able to charge their Rivian's with the third party adapter by setting it up as a Ford in the Tesla app

I Charged My Rivian On A Non-MagicDock Tesla Supercharger (youtube.com)

Last edited:

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

They have already been shown to work with both Rivian and Ford vehicles. But no company has given there blessing that they are "ok" to use ... They are passive adapters.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Odd. The TS nearest to me doesn't show up (The Shops @ Mission Viejo, CA).

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Odd. The TS nearest to me doesn't show up (The Shops @ Mission Viejo, CA).

V3 and V4 chargers only and not all have been updated to work with non-teslas, yet?

They were changing some of the hardware? on v3 SC to allow non-tesla to work
Sponsored