First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC90 T8
Occupation
Real Estate
It's a standard business disclaimer; I would do the same thing if I ran Rivian.
So the issue is then paying for a third party adaptor that may damage your vehicle vs. waiting for Rivian to send out an adaptor for free? I think I will wait, especially after the warning this morning, but that is my choice, not to degrade or harm my system. My worry is excess heat and fire from a third party charger, that I paid for, that was not authorized.
Sponsored

Revelation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
So the issue is then paying for a third party adaptor that may damage your vehicle vs. waiting for Rivian to send out an adaptor for free? I think I will wait, especially after the warning this morning, but that is my choice, not to degrade or harm my system. My worry is excess heat and fire from a third party charger, that I paid for, that was not authorized.
That is a possibility and your choice. With how litigious society has become, someone, somewhere will pay for it - if it causes problems.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
And that's your stance and that's fine. But there are a lot of posts that are saying that the 3rd party adapter will not work and/or damage your Rivian or Supercharger. I don't think that's true. the Lectron and A2Z have temperature monitoring so will cut off charging if it gets too hot. But some are willing to take that risk (myself included) since I think the wait for Rivian's adapter is going to be long and I need an adapter this summer.

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
I'm looking at the Supercharger map and noticed some (seemingly) V3 stations are missing.

For example, Joplin, MO, has 8 stalls at 250 kW but it doesn't show on the Rivian website map as a dot where a location is compatible.

Can anyone use the in-app or in-vehicle software to confirm? I'm just curious if the website map is slightly off...

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
If I had a bunch of road trips or even 1 long road trip planned this summer I would buy one of the 3rd party adapters to take with me just in case. I take Rivian's warning seriously but I would still use the 3rd party adapter vs. being left stranded by one of the other unreliable charging networks.

Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I'm looking at the Supercharger map and noticed some (seemingly) V3 stations are missing.

For example, Joplin, MO, has 8 stalls at 250 kW but it doesn't show on the Rivian website map as a dot where a location is compatible.

Can anyone use the in-app or in-vehicle software to confirm? I'm just curious if the website map is slightly off...
Not all V3 are open to CCS cars. Tesla even said that.

evcars4all

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model S
If I had a bunch of road trips or even 1 long road trip planned this summer I would buy one of the 3rd party adapters to take with me just in case
It will be interesting to see if either of the two currently available (and reputable) 3rd party adapters can deliver by this Summer. We know neither Ford nor Rivian will be able to meet demand by then with the Tesla-sourced adapter.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
It will be interesting to see if either of the two currently available (and reputable) 3rd party adapters can deliver by this Summer. We know neither Ford nor Rivian will be able to meet demand by then with the Tesla-sourced adapter.
Agreed. I think both companies will be swamped with orders pretty quickly and no one will be getting anything for some time.

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T

Sponsored

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
Some V3s need hardware installed and Tesla said they were keeping some Tesla cars only due to congestion.
If there's one thing about EVs, from the tax credit to charging, no one can sure as heck can make it easy on people. I look at this stuff everyday, like many of you. Now imagine another 100 million+ people trying to figure this out.

Standardization can't come soon enough.

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Sorry but I don't have the heart to go through 12 pages again and find whoever posted the email screenshots. Would a current owner please confirm they have the same email as mine below?
Still trying to work out my get some lose some emails with Rivian and want to make sure I'm on the owner list since this email tried to sell me a 2nd. Thanks!

Rivian R1T R1S Tesla Supercharging (NACS Charging) Now Available in Rivian App! Step By Step Instructions Screenshot_20240319-114609

Rivian R1T R1S Tesla Supercharging (NACS Charging) Now Available in Rivian App! Step By Step Instructions Screenshot_20240319-114653

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Sorry but I don't have the heart to go through 12 pages again and find whoever posted the email screenshots. Would a current owner please confirm they have the same email as mine below?
Still trying to work out my get some lose some emails with Rivian and want to make sure I'm on the owner list since this email tried to sell me a 2nd. Thanks!

Screenshot_20240319-114609.png

Screenshot_20240319-114653.png
I got the second email yesterday.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I just looked and sadly all 60 superchargers in Baker and the 42 in Primm are incompatable - Grrrr

I had terrible luck at the EA units along that route in the summer when the temps got hot.
Sponsored