Sponsored

The all new Electric Ineos Fusilier (Grenadier)

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
This looks pretty interesting to say the least........

"Developed in conjunction with industry-leading automotive supplier, Magna, which will also manufacture the vehicle in its facility in Graz, Austria, the INEOS Fusilier will represent a unique proposition for customers. Building on the Grenadier’s DNA with a modern direction and distinctive identity, the new 4X4 will be slightly shorter in length and slightly lower in height. It will be built on a bespoke skateboard platform with a steel top hat and underbody, and aluminium doors and closures.

INEOS partnered with Magna on the development of the Grenadier station wagon and Quartermaster pick-up. As one of the world’s largest automotive suppliers and independent contract manufacturers, Magna produces a number of conventional ICE, hybrid and electric vehicles for various automakers. Part of the development process for the INEOS Fusilier will include a rigorous testing programme on Austria's Schöckl mountain, close to Magna's complete vehicle assembly facility in Graz.

Demonstrating its wider commitment to future decarbonisation, INEOS Automotive also unveiled a Grenadier Hydrogen Fuel Cell Technology Demonstrator at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in July 2023. The Demonstrator proves that the technology for a hydrogen powered 4X4 is capable and ready for production, but the refuelling infrastructure needs to be in place before it is commercially viable."

https://ineosgrenadier.com/en/us/news/introducing-the-ineos-fusilier

Rivian R1T R1S The all new Electric Ineos Fusilier (Grenadier) 1708702059787
Sponsored

OP
OP
manitou202

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Low emission range extended electric has my attention, but I'm afraid the starting price is going to be prohibitive.

OP
OP
manitou202

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Low emission range extended electric has my attention, but I'm afraid the starting price is going to be prohibitive.
The Grenadier is surprisingly affordable (relative to the original Defender and G Wagon). I'm sure this will be more expensive, but if they can keep it under $100k then it could be a winner.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Doubts about efficiency just looking at it and lack of attention to aero. Hydrogen? Most of us will be dead or in nursing homes by the time there is usable infrastructure.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
I love the utilitarian look of these things. And for anyone who doesn't know, you can already get an ICE version of this exact vehicle complete with a B58 BMW engine. It will be interesting to see what the electric version ends up like.

OP
OP
manitou202

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I love the utilitarian look of these things. And for anyone who doesn't know, you can already get an ICE version of this exact vehicle complete with a B58 BMW engine. It will be interesting to see what the electric version ends up like.
They have a local dealership, so I've been able to check out the Grenadier. I'm totally in love with the ICE version but my wife is really against buying something non-electric. So this might be the perfect answer.

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
They have a local dealership, so I've been able to check out the Grenadier. I'm totally in love with the ICE version but my wife is really against buying something non-electric. So this might be the perfect answer.
Yeah, I'm happy to see that they are making an EV version for sure, but the ICE version really seems pretty awesome too. The B58 engine is probably the best engine BMW has made in decades, with really good reliability (Toyota approved!) and very decent power.....but the fuel economy is horrendous. Still a very cool vehicle though if you like that boxy, utilitarian type of styling.

Sponsored

Rally1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, VS30, LR4, LR3
I had my deposit down for the Grenadier, but chose not to purchase, and then stopped paying attention. When I got the email about the Fusilier I was surprised, and intrigued.
Following.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Yeah, I'm happy to see that they are making an EV version for sure, but the ICE version really seems pretty awesome too. The B58 engine is probably the best engine BMW has made in decades, with really good reliability (Toyota approved!) and very decent power.....but the fuel economy is horrendous. Still a very cool vehicle though if you like that boxy, utilitarian type of styling.
They had also planned on using the M57 diesel, but chose not to offer it state-side. Great engine if not restricted by emissions gear. Even then, very reliable until miles start to pile up and the emissions gear start failing.

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

I’d already been contemplating trading in for the Grenadier, this is even more enticing. I’m ready to plunk down a deposit.

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Radcliffe and Hammond were absolutely full of disdain at the launch for this. Basically: We are making an EV because we had to, but please buy the REX and our ICE car instead.

Last edited:

Forest Edge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
I had my deposit down for the Grenadier, but chose not to purchase, and then stopped paying attention. When I got the email about the Fusilier I was surprised, and intrigued.
Following.
Same. Finally got to test drive a Fieldmaster and was very underwhelmed. Exterior and drive train were great but the interior is awful and it’s missing a ton of modern conveniences that should be present on a $90k car in 2024. I haven’t actually cancelled my order yet because delivery has been significantly delayed and I want to see what the second hand market looks like.
Sponsored