Sponsored

Tire wear - how soon are people changing them?

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
26K on 20" ATs. Never rotated...I know...I am an idiot...but the fronts are mostly smoked.

That said, I also, stupidly, rocked the conserve mode for much of that. I can probably get 30-32K if I rotate them now.
That's great! Just had the 7.5k service and the tech said he's seeing 20k on average on the 20s. I'm rotating every 5k and would be very happy if these get to 30k.
Sponsored

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I keep having this issue. One at day two of ownership and another yesterday. Sheesh
That sucks. I had two flats within a few weeks of getting the new R1. Had not had a flat for years on my other cars. Now that I have a spare and the DT warranty; I'll probably never get a flat again.

Duckman

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla MY, Subaru Outback
Occupation
Retired
Dang! You may be one of the mileage leaders on OEMs. And this is in Phoenix? There goes the idea that heat chews through them faster. Driving conservatively? How much Conserve mode? Are roads fairly smooth there? Need all the info, haha!
Well, I live in phoenix, but not all the time! Heat is not an issue because we are reverse snowbirds. 'We head to WA in the summer.

Probably 500 miles in conserve. When I felt I had to stretch range to get to my planned charger. So 3x 1800 miles are highway miles from PHX to WA and back and now in WA again. That's 25% of my total miles to date. The rest of the miles are local in PHX, but a lot of local PHX miles are highway too. All in Standard mode.

I do not drive to save tire wear, but I must drive fairly conservatively. I'll bet lots of R1 owners are getting 25k-30k on OEM 21's.
Sponsored