BrayBay

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Edition R1S - Forest Green/Forest Edge
Clubs

I really like Tom Voelk's content. Too bad he hasn't gotten an R1 to review yet. I would like to see his take, and also how an R1 does at Mudfest.

Maybe I missed this during the unveiling event, but I had no idea the "Treehouse" had that type of integration. Pretty neat.

Last edited:

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I'm trying to find a way to justify getting a R2 and a R3X. I've been in this spot before so it maybe a bit challenging this time around.

Great content. Thanks for sharing.

Sponsored

ImAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, R1T
Yeah, Tom is the only YouTuber I've sent money to for his channel. Drama-free, accurate content and seems like a solid guy.
Yes, because he was a professional car reviewer in his pre-Youtube live. The others are just pretenders and freeloaders.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

I don't know Tom, but if he likes the R3X then he's alright in my book.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I'm curious if the refreshed R1 lineup about to come off the assembly lines will adopt the powered crossbar revision (not shown directly in Tom's video, but technically via the main screen with tent lighting and climate control).

I did see in one of the R2 videos the power pins in the crossbar attachment point, I think it was Jordan's OutOfSpec reveal video of the R2/R3/X.

Link to the patent below
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/rivian-patents-crossbar-roof-light.23738/

SDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
It's easy to be all doom and gloom about Rivian; it's share price, cash needs etc etc. but then you watch something like this, and see the line of interested people, the really cool stuff that's in the pipeline and it makes me think... what other car company has such a strong and unique brand with such a great line up?

Perhaps Ferrari with it's history, Lambo for being outrageous but otherwise I can't think of a stronger, more relevant car brand right now.

Rivian are going to be just fine. Cannot wait for my R3X ....

Last edited:

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

First image of the R3X’s frunk, if I can recall

IMG_9326.jpeg
Hah! Had I known people wanted that, I would have posted my similar photo from when I was up at the Seattle event. :-D (Nearly the same photo, from the same angle and everything.)

Oh, I also got confirmation that the "blankets that steal legroom" are on the passenger side setback, and on the driver's side setback is a bag/backpack.

Rivian R1T R1S Tom Voelk R2 / R3x walk around deep-dive IMG_8455

Sponsored

SanCarlosJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, VW Golf
I'm trying to find a way to justify getting a R2 and a R3X. I've been in this spot before so it maybe a bit challenging this time around.

Great content. Thanks for sharing.
You've got 1.5-2 years to come up with a justification, you can do it! ;)

mung

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I'm really intrigued by their treehouse RTT. The guy mentioned this is climate controlled? How does that work? Also the guy said all variants will get at least 300miles of range but he must have made a mistake with that? If the 45,000 variant gets 300mi sounds too good to be true.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs