TPMS Sensors (program needed or no?)

Wing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Edition LG/OC 20-inch
I searched I found threads where people were posting programmers and TPMS sensors that require you duplicate the rivian ones.

Is that all necessary? Tire rack package indicates their supplied TPMS sensors will just work after a short drive, although I find their pricing a little high $280 for 4 sensors seems like a lot.

Is there a FAQ on this? Thinking $120-150 for sensors that program themselves. Any models recommended?

Thanks!
Sponsored

oskeei

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Duramax Silverado, French's Mustard Yellow R1S
Clubs

have those Amazon sensors on my winter set. Worked out of the box with no programming.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I've programmed sensors, cost $80 for all 4 sensors, now it's $100. Those mentioned above are $120 for 4 now, used to be like $200 I think? The difference is so little, just get those and call it a day.

My question would be if the Tire Rack set shows up mounted/balanced or if wheel/tires are already separate. If mounted/balanced, you'd have to get that done again if you bought aftermarket.

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

The amazon link you provided is exactly where I purchased my sensors, and I can confirm: zero programming needed. They were installed by my friendly neighborhood tire shop, I put the wheels and tires on my car, drove for ~10 minutes, and haven't had any issues since.

OP
OP

Wing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Edition LG/OC 20-inch
Yup that is a consideration, I'm in Canada so it's cheaper for me to order the wheels from tirerack and the tires locally so I have to get mounted anyways. I thought about a package deal but ends up being about $200-300 more due to the sensor price discrepancy and the tires.
Sponsored