ElectricMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Sprinter 1500 Campervan
Clubs

Hey, thanks for the update! With the camper behind and above the shark fin antenna and the fairing in front of it, how much, if any, is the antenna's effectivess compromised?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bbok1208

Bbok1208

First Name
Brennan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Hey, thanks for the update! With the camper behind and above the shark fin antenna and the fairing in front of it, how much, if any, is the antenna's effectivess compromised?
None. This was answered before on this thread. The floor, ceiling, and back panel (behind the cab) are made of fiber reinforced plastic. It has no impact on signal. I run a starlink through the ceiling panel too.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

None. This was answered before on this thread. The floor, ceiling, and back panel (behind the cab) are made of fiber reinforced plastic. It has no impact on signal. I run a starlink through the ceiling panel too.
Honestly I am shocked if you are truly not having any D+ issues due to GPS interference. This has been reported by many who cover their antennae with a RTT or like us a camper.

The Oru is not reinforced plastic but aluminum on the sides and fiberglass honeycomb is the primary material between antennae and the sky. If have the mattress out it's a lot better but for the most part D+ is just unusable for me.

OP
OP
Bbok1208

Bbok1208

First Name
Brennan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Honestly I am shocked if you are truly not having any D+ issues due to GPS interference. This has been reported by many who cover their antennae with a RTT or like us a camper.

The Oru is not reinforced plastic but aluminum on the sides and fiberglass honeycomb is the primary material between antennae and the sky. If have the mattress out it's a lot better but for the most part D+ is just unusable for me.
I’ve been driving this all around mountain passes in CO with no issue to reception or GPS. I also hate not playing music while driving so Spotify is always running. I think the fact that I can connect starlink through the FRP (also honeycomb) materials shows how little it interferes with RF signals. The Tune also has an aluminum frame and composite corners.

2 bars of signal strength in my garage, I only have two bars/5G on my iphone here (AT&T):
Rivian R1T R1S Tune Outdoor Camper M1 Build 2AAE46D6-CBC2-44B5-9576-BF4A9A40DD89

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Is that a chiliwich bed matt?
Rivian R1T R1S Tune Outdoor Camper M1 Build 1710189451936

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I’ve been driving this all around mountain passes in CO with no issue to reception or GPS. I also hate not playing music while driving so Spotify is always running. I think the fact that I can connect starlink through the FRP (also honeycomb) materials shows how little it interferes with RF signals. The Tune also has an aluminum frame and composite corners.

2 bars of signal strength in my garage, I only have two bars/5G on my iphone here (AT&T):
2AAE46D6-CBC2-44B5-9576-BF4A9A40DD89.jpeg
I wouldn't say I have reception or GPS issues either, just finicky D+. If your D+ is working great then you are the anomaly to this issue.

OP
OP
Bbok1208

Bbok1208

First Name
Brennan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I wouldn't say I have reception or GPS issues either, just finicky D+. If your D+ is working great then you are the anomaly to this issue.
What’s D+?

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Oh yeah I have no issue with that. How does driver+ relate to the antenna though?
Because in order to do full D+ with steering on mapped highways it needs GPS and presumably road data from the cloud