First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Set proximity at home to off and you should see about 3% every 3 days or so (in mild conditions). Overall, the issue has been both worse and better, up and down. I think it’s result of Rivian trying to find balance between consumption and PAAK responsiveness.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Fmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 wrangler
I am now turning off the app and using the widget to reopen the app when needed. The R1s sits in a parking lot for 8+ hours/day no need for PAAK while working. This will probably be not change anything but it is worth the try.

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
Previously I would lose 1 mile now I am losing 3.
I guess it depends on your viewpoint. Last winter I would loose literally 3-5% per day. This winter, it's more like 1% or less. I'm thrilled with the improvements, down to a couple miles/day.

bigsky

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Rivian R1S
Occupation
RNS
My R1S loses as much as 5 miles a day. A true vampire drain guzzler. The loss seems to level off at 3 miles per day minimum. One thing that I have noticed is that there apparently is no way to shut down the Rivian app on my phone. That might help. No matter how many times I kill it, it comes right back to life. Cannot disable BT on my phone because I have other things running.
My other two EVs (Tesla), one loses at most 1 mile per day; it truly sleeps like a baby. The other one was suddenly losing up to 7 miles per day. Now it loses at most 3 miles per day also, but unlike the Rivian app, I can kill the Tesla app on my phone and prevent it from running in the background.
I just happen to notice behaviors like this because as an early adopter, I do keep very close tabs on my EVs stats.

It looks as if the vampire drain on my R1S is largely typical.
Sponsored