Sponsored

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I know this is how people like Kyle make their living, but YouTube is almost unwatchable at this point because of the way they seem to incentivize length over quality.

It's not his fault. Kyle seems like a good guy interested in sharing information. He's just doing what the platform requires to be successful.
Might also be us as a society where we need a 22 minute video to show us which end goes where. I like Kyle but I think I can figure this out.
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Might also be us as a society where we need a 22 minute video to show us which end goes where. I like Kyle but I think I can figure this out.
If my staff is any indication, that is 100% accurate. I have to make extremely detailed instructions for even the simplest of tasks, then I need to make them use checklists which remind them to refer to the instructions :facepalm:

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I know this is how people like Kyle make their living, but YouTube is almost unwatchable at this point because of the way they seem to incentivize length over quality.

It's not his fault. Kyle seems like a good guy interested in sharing information. He's just doing what the platform requires to be successful.
@COdogman you are so right. Except if MKB did this video it would have been less than half the time and infinitely more watchable.

Each YouTuber has a choice to make about how to present and then edit their content. Editing is the key phrase here. As in, cutting out extraneous content instead of pumping out stream of conscious and dropping the video. ...

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Somehow Cut-the-Line Kyle took longer to explain plugging into a charger than I did with my realtor signing documents to buy a house...

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
@COdogman you are so right. Except if MKB did this video it would have been less than half the time and infinitely more watchable.

Each YouTuber has a choice to make about how to present and then edit their content. Editing is the key phrase here. As in, cutting out extraneous content instead of pumping out stream of conscious and dropping the video. ...
That is another great point. His videos are much shorter and he is very popular.

Sponsored

GANTZ

First Name
Orlando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, Tesla, Lexus
Occupation
Yes
Did he ever mention that instructions may be included? Iā€˜m pretty sure there will be some form of ā€œinsert robot (ai) voice Instructions includedā€

gregeast

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Rivian R1S, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
I'm confused by the fact that the folks that don't care for Kyle's presentation style clearly still watch his videos all the way to the end?

DuoRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and an R1S
Occupation
IT
He does have sponsored advertising, not YT money in that case. That said I don't have any knowledge of his actual financial situation, he certainly doesn't live in a mansion in the hills.
Yes he has advertising sometimes but given the viewership that isnā€™t paying for $500k of cars. I heard YT pays around $8 per 1000 views so he is making a few thousand per video at that. Yes he is not living in a mansion but I wouldnā€™t expect a young person to be doing that. He was looking at a car facility/studio which was going to cost $20k a month and that sure as hell isnā€™t paid by some advertising.

DuoRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and an R1S
Occupation
IT
I'm confused by the fact that the folks that don't care for Kyle's presentation style clearly still watch his videos all the way to the end?
You are assuming they watch it all

JayinNJ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, R1S LE Canyon Red
Iā€™ve only ever used Magic Dock stations with the Tesla app and thereā€™s one thing that Iā€™m not 100% clear on with the plug-and-charge method in the video. Do you have to pre-select which charger you will be using in the Rivian nav prior to unholstering the NACS plug? Or are the plugs not locked in place and you can just choose one at random, attach the adapter, and then plug into your vehicle? I think itā€™s the latter otherwise it would really be plug-and-charge.
No they are not locked. You only need to use the Tesla app when using the membership.

Sponsored

BigBambu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model Y, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Not employed. Won't work.
Kyle, the idea at a Tesla charger is to park between the lines, not on them.

Just a suggestion.

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I don't want to wait for the official charger to show up and just ordered one from A2Z using discount code "RIV" and will use it until the official one shows up.

I also put an order in for the Lectron one and will post up a review on both later.

Folks who ordered A2Z adapter 2 - 3 weeks ago are receiving it now. This is what the company has to say about availability.

A2Z EV Link - NACS (TeslaĀ® Supercharger & NACS 3RD PARTY DC CHARGERS) to CCS1 Adapter | 500A | 1000V

Lectron Tesla Supercharger (NACS) to CCS Adapter | Vortex Plug | 500A | 1000V

Rivian R1T R1S Video: How-to charge Rivian at Tesla Supercharger (by Out of Spec Kyle) 1711036370898-5j-png-

Here we are!

Just wanted to drop in and say weā€™re here for you all, ready to chat and help out on the forum whenever you need.

Let's clarify something:
We have stock, we receive inventory almost everyday and we ship hundreds of orders daily since the 5th of January. Over a thousand Ford owners are already using our adapters on Tesla Superchargers since the 29th of February.

Now, about the wait time for this adapterā€”it's taking 2-3 weeks to ship because we've got a ton of orders to handle, weā€™re super strict about checking each adapter (yep, every single one gets inspected and tested in China and Canada), and our shipping team isnā€™t huge. But donā€™t worry, weā€™re on it! Weā€™re thinking about bringing more folks on board to speed things up. Just hang tight, weā€™re getting there and improving how fast we can get these adapters out to you.

As a side note, we are the only company currently shipping NACS to CCS1 adapters, the only one...

- A2Z EV
Sponsored

Last edited: