Sponsored

What are your thoughts on a 10 yr or 11 yr / 100,000 miles - 150,000 miles bumper to bumper extended warranty by Fidelity Warranty Services

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

@MidnightRivian $500 deductible is only available on coverage when the vehicle already has 35K+ miles.

I have reached out to the moderators about sponsorship and have already gotten a reply, thank you for adding our information to your original post. Please confirm my email, I had typed it wrong in my first post, it is [email protected]

Thanks for the information on the $500 deductible.

Original post has been updated with your correct email [email protected].
Sponsored

RoverFan

First Name
Trenton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 LR Range Rover Supercharged, '94 Impala SS
Thank you, I spoke with Jay, you will see Highline Autos as a sponsor of the forum come 2024!

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Looks like prices have gone up 20% - 25% with Fidelity using a 2023 or 2024 vin.

XCARE prices for now have stayed the same.

New rates for calendar year 2024

Rivian R1T R1S What are your thoughts on a 10 yr or 11 yr / 100,000 miles - 150,000 miles bumper to bumper extended warranty by Fidelity Warranty Services 1704330733637

Old rates for calendar year 2023

Rivian R1T R1S What are your thoughts on a 10 yr or 11 yr / 100,000 miles - 150,000 miles bumper to bumper extended warranty by Fidelity Warranty Services 1703097897415 (1)

Rivian R1T R1S What are your thoughts on a 10 yr or 11 yr / 100,000 miles - 150,000 miles bumper to bumper extended warranty by Fidelity Warranty Services 1704330926675

RoverFan

First Name
Trenton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Correct, Fidelity has updates their rates for 2024. I'll get into more details tomorrow as a sponsor.

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

A couple of datapoints from California:

-Boardwalk Lotus offers Fidelity, and I was quoted this for my 9000 mile '22 R1T.
120 MONTHS X 100K MILES       $250 DEDUCTIBLE $5,985.00
120 MONTHS X 120K MILES       $250 DEDUCTIBLE $6,170.00
-Noted that the Fidelity exclusions list "shock absorbers", which makes me a bit worried because our complicated air suspension is probably one of the costlier systems to go bad.
-Called around to a few other traditional dealerships' Sales/Finance departments, and either haven't heard back yet, or was told they don't have anything on offer that covers Rivian
-XCare for my 9000 mile '22 R1T was roughly:
120 months, 125k miles, $500 deductible, ~$4150.
120 months, 125k miles, $200 deductible, ~$4700.
120 months, 125k miles, $100 deductible, ~$4850.
120 months, 100k miles $100 deductible, ~$4450.
-Found an XCare discount code "RIVIANROF" for additional -$100.
-Noted Xcare does not have an exclusion on "shock absorbers" or "dampers" as far as I can tell.

Still on the fence about whether to get an extended warranty. Our factory 8yr powertrain warranty covers both battery and drive units, so this extended warranty only adds 2 years coverage of the really big-ticket stuff, and then 5 years for other things like our complicated air suspension (unclear what this would cost but is it really going to be in the $5000+ range to make the extended warranty worth it?), headlights ($1000+ on Teslas, reportedly), etc.

I think the most comparable vehicle we may have is an early production Tesla Model S / X esp if they had air suspension. Can anyone share their experiences on whether they actually broke even on the warranty cost?
I was able to get much better pricing for my ~2,200mi '23 R1S in CA from Trent Gibson from Highline ( tgibson "at" highline-autos.com). My 120mo/100kmi $250 deductible price was just under $4k. Obviously, your pricing may vary given yours is a year older and has more miles.

Regarding the air suspension, Trent specifically told me that it would be covered and pointed to the inclusions for the Gold level warranty that mention:

1703906999778.png

I spoke to a member who had work done on their air suspension and they confirmed the service center labeled the part as a Damper. I do not see any mention of Damper on the exclusion list so we should be fine with having air suspension covered under the Platinum warranty.

Rivian R1T R1S What are your thoughts on a 10 yr or 11 yr / 100,000 miles - 150,000 miles bumper to bumper extended warranty by Fidelity Warranty Services IMG_5426

Sponsored

RoverFan

First Name
Trenton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Correct, here is the air suspension listed as a covered component in the lower tier, inclusionary GOLD coverage.

FRONT/REAR SUSPENSION: Upper and lower control arms, shafts and bushings; upper and lower ball joints; struts; wheel bearings/hubs;
spindle/steering knuckle and spindle support; coil and leaf springs, seats and bushings, leaf spring shackles; track bars, links and bushings;electronic level control components including pump, accumulator, lines, bags; stabilizer bar, links and bushings; kingpin; torsion bar, mountsand bushings; tension rods/radius arm.

R1T-Machine

First Name
R1T-Machine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I just finalized my Fidelity plan purchase - best price by far that I could find was here and it was fully online - https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/get-free-online-quote.html

Contract was instantly emailed to me, and it seems like a very robust online system - shortly after, it was emailed again for signature, and Michael completed the order and answered the few questions I had. Fantastic process.

Had a Fidelity plan for my Audi a while back, and worked out well. Definitely worth the peace of mind

RoverFan

First Name
Trenton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
We are very familiar with the Fidelity provider listed above... again I don't want to say too much until we are a proper Rivian Forum sponsor.. but they have stated they are only interested in the sale of the warranty and do not offer an post sale customer support.

Our Fidelity pricing is with-in $100 and we DO offer after sale customer support for questions, claim status, any additional information, transfers of coverage / refunds... etc.

*Jay I will have the account set up for sponsorship promotion this week*

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
I’m getting outrageous pricing as I’ve added 18,503 miles in under 7 months. Wish I would’ve bought sooner.

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I’m getting outrageous pricing as I’ve added 18,503 miles in under 7 months. Wish I would’ve bought sooner.

I would choose a 3 year / 100,000 mile policy for you since you're on track to hit 30,000+ miles per year. That would run about $4,571 with $250 deductible including the $200 RIVIAN discount code.

Another option is 85,000 miles / 72 month for $5,176 with $250 deductible including the $200 RIVIAN discount code.

I feel like you will run into your mileage limits before your term limits.

Rivian R1T R1S What are your thoughts on a 10 yr or 11 yr / 100,000 miles - 150,000 miles bumper to bumper extended warranty by Fidelity Warranty Services 1705205945568

Sponsored

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
I would choose a 3 year / 100,000 mile policy for you since you're on track to hit 30,000+ miles per year. That would run about $4,571 with $250 deductible including the $200 RIVIAN discount code.

Another option is 85,000 miles / 72 month for $5,176 with $250 deductible including the $200 RIVIAN discount code.

I feel like you will run into your mileage limits before your term limits.

1705205945568.png
Yeah those are good options. I will 100% hit my mileage limits before my term limits.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RT1
I am thinking of purchasing an extended warranty plan and Fidelity warranty services comes highly recommended by the Porsche owners forum Rennlist.

What are your thoughts on purchasing a bumper to bumper extended warranty plan for the Rivian.

I can see the warranty would include the battery and drive motors / inverter. We can go as high as 11 years total coverage and 150,000 miles.

I've attached their online quote for reference and you can add a $200 code "RIVIAN" to help bring the price down slightly.

I am most interested in a 10 year / 100,000 mile Platinum warranty with $250 deductible for $3,836 OTD.

What are your thoughts?

Picture for attention ;)

https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com/

Use code RIVIAN to knock $200 off the price.

Note for California and Florida residents. They like to have special laws about selling extended warranty. Hellooooo, we've been trying to reach you regarding your extended warranty...

-Highline Autos is one of the few Fidelity retailers, able to administer coverage to California and Florida residents, you can reach them at the email already shared in this thread, [email protected].

AT Bright.jpg

1703103078174.png

1703097897415.png
Thanks for the huge shoutout @MidnightRivian - we've been getting a ton of calls lately from your post and very much appreciate it - also happy to announce that we're now an Official Sponsor of the RivianForums and thrilled to help everyone here with our Fidelity Warranty and Tire/Wheel Protection Plans - our portal is 100% Online, and 100% Free to use - and since we have the system to go to work for us, our pricing is without a doubt among the lowest nationwide with no sales tax or processing fees apply.

And most importantly, we do not SELF-INSURE our plans, which is a big deal in the warranty world. Basically, our dealership (https://www.steingoldvolvocars.com/) works with Fidelity as an authorized seller, and Fidelity (FWS/JM&A Group) is the company that honors and pays the claims for covered repairs. They handle the claims process entirely, works directly with the repair facility, and they make the final decision to approve the claim. They are an amazing company and are considered among the highest rated in the warranty community.

Dealers who SELF-INSURE, on the other hand, are much more involved in approving or denying claims - basically, they pool all the money from the plans they sell in an account (usually off-shore), and choose whether to participate in the risk - we've seen it a million times, and customers are never in a good position when the selling dealership has a say in whether they want to approve or deny the paid claim. That's why we DO NOT participate in this way of selling. Much better for the customer. We are running a simple and transparent operation as a seller - heavily discounted pricing, simple & transparent process, and fully online so you can get the coverage you expect from Fidelity. It’s super simple for the customer, and just as simple for us. The online system helps us to keep pricing low, and we’re always available to answer phone calls if needed - it’s been working great.

Just wanted to chime in the thread as I saw our portal get posted, and am happy to be here as an Official Sponsor to answer any questions. Looking forward to it. The only down-side to our offerings is that we do not sell Extended Warranty Plans to FL or CA residents. State Regulations prohibit dealers outside of the state to sell to FL or CA buyers. Huge Bummer, but we can for sure help with the Tire/Wheel Plans - will just need to chat via phone or email for that, since the online system will block CA and FL zip codes entirely.

Our Fidelity Plan Overview for Fidelity plans is here, which explains in detail all the coverages: Plan Overview | Fidelity Warranty Services - Steingold Volvo Cars | FactoryProtect.com

Direct link to our Online Quoting Portal is here: FactoryProtect.com (ratessys.com)

Also, we created the Promocode: RIVIAN for a $200.00 Member Discount off all plans. Cheers to all!

Last edited:

R1T-Machine

First Name
R1T-Machine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
This is great to see you here Michael! Your online process was great and the pricing was even better - A+

Supratachophobia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Clubs

This may or may not help as a data point. My model s warranty ended at 75k. Tesla had been making them for 4 years by the time this one was produced. Total out of warranty costs from 75-200k, $2900. That includes suspension replacement components, door handles, battery heater, pyro fuse, radar replacement from hitting a truck tire, and some other misc. things. I will say that I deliberately did not get air suspension for fear of the out of warranty repair bills.

But overall, this EV has met and exceeded my expectations for repair costs both in reliability and in cost to repair.

I'm not sure the value of a $5k extended warranty that covers you through 120k miles and has a deductible.

YMMV

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I'm averaging around 1000 miles a month with some short road trips in the mix. I feel like I will start to average even higher now with the Tesla network being available to Rivian and summer coming up.

Something to keep in mind if you want to go with 100,000 miles versus 120,000 or 150,000 miles if you plan to keep it a while or drive a lot yearly.

Tesla Supercharging (NACS Charging) Now Available in Rivian App! Step By Step Instructions
Sponsored