Sponsored

What are your thoughts on a 10 yr or 11 yr / 100,000 miles - 150,000 miles bumper to bumper extended warranty by Fidelity Warranty Services

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

A couple of datapoints from California:

-Boardwalk Lotus offers Fidelity, and I was quoted this for my 9000 mile '22 R1T.
120 MONTHS X 100K MILES       $250 DEDUCTIBLE $5,985.00
120 MONTHS X 120K MILES       $250 DEDUCTIBLE $6,170.00
-Noted that the Fidelity exclusions list "shock absorbers", which makes me a bit worried because our complicated air suspension is probably one of the costlier systems to go bad.
-Called around to a few other traditional dealerships' Sales/Finance departments, and either haven't heard back yet, or was told they don't have anything on offer that covers Rivian
-XCare for my 9000 mile '22 R1T was roughly:
120 months, 125k miles, $500 deductible, ~$4150.
120 months, 125k miles, $200 deductible, ~$4700.
120 months, 125k miles, $100 deductible, ~$4850.
120 months, 100k miles $100 deductible, ~$4450.
-Found an XCare discount code "RIVIANROF" for additional -$100.
-Noted Xcare does not have an exclusion on "shock absorbers" or "dampers" as far as I can tell.

Still on the fence about whether to get an extended warranty. Our factory 8yr powertrain warranty covers both battery and drive units, so this extended warranty only adds 2 years coverage of the really big-ticket stuff, and then 5 years for other things like our complicated air suspension (unclear what this would cost but is it really going to be in the $5000+ range to make the extended warranty worth it?), headlights ($1000+ on Teslas, reportedly), etc.

I think the most comparable vehicle we may have is an early production Tesla Model S / X esp if they had air suspension. Can anyone share their experiences on whether they actually broke even on the warranty cost?

Thanks for sharing. You're 100% right about shock absorbers. Struts are covered and I believe ours are called air struts. Many folks with Audi and Porsche are able to have their air suspension covered as long as they are called struts and not shock absorbers.

Try calling a few other dealers like Porsche or Audi to see if they sell the Fidelity plan for a little less. Otherwise the XCARE plan might be your best bet.

Thanks for sharing the $100 off code. Use the code TOSV to save $200 on XCARE. I will consider that if for any reason I decide to cancel my Fidelity plan.

Edit: Here is a good thread for 10+ year old Tesla and the repair they required. Looks like battery degradation was between 6% - 13%. So we shouldn't have to worry too much about that on our vehicles. Looks like the common parts that go bad are drive units, battery and door handles.

I was worried about the same thing as you when spending $5000 for a plan and not getting any value out of it. For that reason I went with the lowest price plan that worked for my usage. I was comfortable spending $3,800 - $4,200 for 5 additional years of warranty after the initial bumper to bumper warranty expires.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/battery-degradation-–-10-year-report.285721/

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...del-s-after-10-years-on-the-roads-204254.html

https://electrek.co/2023/04/25/tesla-update-battery-degradation/

Rivian R1T R1S What are your thoughts on a 10 yr or 11 yr / 100,000 miles - 150,000 miles bumper to bumper extended warranty by Fidelity Warranty Services 1703901120410
Sponsored

Last edited:

CTRedCanyon

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model S, Kia Telluride
Occupation
Self Employed IT
Clubs

I have 4113 miles on my 2023 R1S. These prices are outrageous compared to XCare. XCare is also transferable to a new owner if you sell, and you can get a partial refund, say if you totaled it or traded it in. Does Fidelity offer that?

Rivian R1T R1S What are your thoughts on a 10 yr or 11 yr / 100,000 miles - 150,000 miles bumper to bumper extended warranty by Fidelity Warranty Services 1703903397947

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I have 4113 miles on my 2023 R1S. These prices are outrageous compared to XCare. XCare is also transferable to a new owner if you sell, and you can get a partial refund, say if you totaled it or traded it in. Does Fidelity offer that?

1703903397947.png

Fidelity only makes sense for the 10 year / 100,000 miles / $250 deductible plus use the $200 code. For everything else I believe XCARE has better pricing with the $200 TOSV code.

You can get the warranty cancelled for a pro-rated refund after the 60 days period.

IMPROVED RESALE Each plan is fully transferable to a subsequent owner, making your car more appealing to potential buyers (From Fidelity brochure)

First 30 days is full refund and between 31 days and 60 days is $50 fee.

I found a $200 promo code TOSV for XCARE plan when I was doing my research and wanted to share it with this group.

This plan is an excellent option along with Fidelity Warranty for your EV. Especially if you want 125,000 mile coverage which tends to run higher with Fidelity Warranty.

I decided to go with Fidelity Warranty ($200 off code "RIVIAN") based on pricing and my own mileage / usage.

TOSV - Save $200 on XCARE plan

RIVIANROF - $100 XCARE code from @RabidRat

CANCELLATION: This Service Contract may be cancelled by YOU at any time during the SERVICE CONTRACT PERIOD. To cancel this Service Contract, contact YOUR Selling Dealer or FWS in writing for instructions. If YOU cancel during the first thirty (30) days, a one hundred percent (100%) refund of the SERVICE CONTRACT PURCHASE PRICE will be made. If YOU cancel after thirty (30) days but within sixty (60) days, a one hundred percent (100%) refund of the SERVICE CONTRACT PURCHASE PRICE will be made, less an administration fee of $50 that FWS will charge and retain. If YOU cancel after sixty (60) days, a Pro-Rata refund of the SERVICE CONTRACT PURCHASE PRICE will be made based upon the greater of the time or mileage expired from the SERVICE CONTRACT PURCHASE DATE less an administration fee of $50 that FWS will charge and retain. In the event of cancellation, YOU authorize the LIENHOLDER to receive any refund amounts. Upon OUR receipt of notification of a total loss or repossession, the Service Contract will be terminated, and all rights and interests to cancel and obtain a refund under the Service Contract will immediately transfer to the LIENHOLDER and the LIENHOLDER will be named sole payee for any refund amounts. The Service Contract is non-cancellable by US except for fraud by YOU, material misrepresentation by YOU, or failure by YOU to pay the SERVICE CONTRACT PURCHASE PRICE. If WE cancel during the first sixty (60) days, WE will refund one hundred percent (100%) of the SERVICE CONTRACT PURCHASE PRICE. If WE cancel after sixty (60) days, refunds will be calculated according to the pro-rata method. No administration fee will be charged if this Service Contract is cancelled by US.

Rivian R1T R1S What are your thoughts on a 10 yr or 11 yr / 100,000 miles - 150,000 miles bumper to bumper extended warranty by Fidelity Warranty Services 1703902434859-

Rivian R1T R1S What are your thoughts on a 10 yr or 11 yr / 100,000 miles - 150,000 miles bumper to bumper extended warranty by Fidelity Warranty Services 1703902503464-

Attachments

Last edited:

CTRedCanyon

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self Employed IT
Clubs

XCare for comparison - I purchased my Tesla warranty through them. I think I will wait until I get closer to the end of my Rivian factory warranty though. Anyone looking to buy, I used code TOCNYS for the Telsa and got $200 off, that might work.

Rivian R1T R1S What are your thoughts on a 10 yr or 11 yr / 100,000 miles - 150,000 miles bumper to bumper extended warranty by Fidelity Warranty Services 1703905172076

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

XCare for comparison - I purchased my Tesla warranty through them. I think I will wait until I get closer to the end of my Rivian factory warranty though. Anyone looking to buy, I used code TOCNYS for the Telsa and got $200 off, that might work.

1703905172076.png

Thanks for sharing the 10 year / 100,000 miles quote.

How was your experience with XCARE? Did you have to use them for any claims and did you break even?

Sponsored

CTRedCanyon

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self Employed IT
Clubs

Thanks for sharing the 10 year / 100,000 miles quote.

How was your experience with XCARE? Did you have to use them for any claims and did you break even?
I'm still under factory warranty on the Tesla so I have not had a chance to use them, but I was glad they did $0 deductible, and have read good reviews. At least for Tesla, they will pay directly rather than having to do a reimbursement. There are some things to be aware of if you read the fine print, like the "rental coverage" being limited to 5 days, for example, but overall I like that I can get anything fixed with $0 deductible. My 2020 Model S Performance is now fully covered to January 2034/151000 miles for $5,392. Given the poor Tesla build quality, I have a feeling I'll be getting my money's worth out of it.

drivetorun

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
A couple of datapoints from California:

-Boardwalk Lotus offers Fidelity, and I was quoted this for my 9000 mile '22 R1T.
120 MONTHS X 100K MILES       $250 DEDUCTIBLE $5,985.00
120 MONTHS X 120K MILES       $250 DEDUCTIBLE $6,170.00
-Noted that the Fidelity exclusions list "shock absorbers", which makes me a bit worried because our complicated air suspension is probably one of the costlier systems to go bad.
I was able to get much better pricing for my ~2,200mi '23 R1S in CA from Trent Gibson from Highline ( tgibson "at" highline-autos.com). My 120mo/100kmi $250 deductible price was just under $4k. Obviously, your pricing may vary given yours is a year older and has more miles.

Regarding the air suspension, Trent specifically told me that it would be covered and pointed to the inclusions for the Gold level warranty that mention:

Rivian R1T R1S What are your thoughts on a 10 yr or 11 yr / 100,000 miles - 150,000 miles bumper to bumper extended warranty by Fidelity Warranty Services 1703906999778

drivetorun

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
For those debating between Fidelity and XCare, I tried to butt up the exclusions against one another in this GSheet. Overall, XCare did seem to include more exclusions than Fidelity. I particularly didn't like these exclusions:

- Breakdown caused by the failure of any nuts, bolts, or fasteners unless internally lubricated
- Damage caused when the operating temperature exceeds the manufacturer’s maximum recommended tolerances (as indicated by gauges, warning lights, or audible warning sounds, warped, discolored or melted parts) --> My understanding is this is how they've avoided paying out on the bubbling/yellowing some Tesla owners have experienced with their dash and center screens
- For any part or repair that a repair facility or manufacturer recommends or requires to be repaired, replaced, adjusted, or updated (including updating software or programming), in conjunction with a covered repair when a Breakdown of that part has not occurred. This includes modifications, replacement, or alteration of original systems necessitated by the replacement of an obsolete, superseded, redesigned, or unavailable part.

In another part of XCare's warranty conditions, they say that loss/damage caused by "use of the vehicle as a stationary power source" would also not be covered. Given the potential for Rivian to enable vehicle-to-home capability in the future, and I wasn't sure how broadly this could be interpreted (is having something plugged in while in camping mode considered "use of the vehicle as a stationary power source"?), this was another one that made me hesitant to go with XCare.

Last edited:

GatorRiv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Forest Green 2023 R1T
Occupation
Executive
Just my general opinion on warranties, not extremely well informed on semi-luxury auto warranties, but these are usually priced aggressively....I imagine most (not all) buyers can afford a repair or to exit the vehicle. A lot of these products are borderline predatory IMO.

I insure what I can't readily afford to lose: life (for my family), home (just so I can satisfy my super cheap mortgage), and medical (subsidized by work). I can afford to lose the Rivian.

Not saying this approach is for all but I do imagine it's for most here.

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Just my general opinion on warranties, not extremely well informed on semi-luxury auto warranties, but these are usually priced aggressively....I imagine most (not all) buyers can afford a repair or to exit the vehicle. A lot of these products are borderline predatory IMO.

I insure what I can't readily afford to lose: life (for my family), home (just so I can satisfy my super cheap mortgage), and medical (subsidized by work). I can afford to lose the Rivian.

Not saying this approach is for all but I do imagine it's for most here.

I agree you can easily get carried away with buying an extended warranty. I've had good luck at least breaking even or coming out ahead most of the time. I do limit myself to a cap of around 5% purchase price or less for the extended warranty when compared to vehicle MSRP.

For those debating between Fidelity and XCare, I tried to butt up the exclusions against one another in this GSheet. Overall, XCare did seem to include more exclusions than Fidelity. I particularly didn't like these exclusions:

- Breakdown caused by the failure of any nuts, bolts, or fasteners unless internally lubricated
- Damage caused when the operating temperature exceeds the manufacturer’s maximum recommended tolerances (as indicated by gauges, warning lights, or audible warning sounds, warped, discolored or melted parts) --> My understanding is this is how they've avoided paying out on the bubbling/yellowing some Tesla owners have experienced with their dash and center screens
- For any part or repair that a repair facility or manufacturer recommends or requires to be repaired, replaced, adjusted, or updated (including updating software or programming), in conjunction with a covered repair when a Breakdown of that part has not occurred. This includes modifications, replacement, or alteration of original systems necessitated by the replacement of an obsolete, superseded, redesigned, or unavailable part.

In another part of XCare's warranty conditions, they say that loss/damage caused by "use of the vehicle as a stationary power source" would also not be covered. Given the potential for Rivian to enable vehicle-to-home capability in the future, and I wasn't sure how broadly this could be interpreted (is having something plugged in while in camping mode considered "use of the vehicle as a stationary power source"?), this was another one that made me hesitant to go with XCare.
Thanks!

This is exactly the list I ran through in my head and the biggest Item that I see XCARE excluded was subframe which has been an issue for some of the earlier vehicles. Fidelity list body parts/panels so I hope they don't try to claim its part of the body some how. I specifically went for late build 2023 to ensure the latest update for safety (Driver floor pan) and revised sub-frame.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RoverFan

First Name
Trenton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 LR Range Rover Supercharged, '94 Impala SS
Hello everyone, I am Trenton at Highline Autos, retailer of Fidelity Extended Warranty coverage, I had a couple people reach out due to this post so I wanted to see for myself what was going on, I appreciate everyone who did reach out and ask questions.

I want to let the moderators know we are interested in sponsoring this forum like we do with the MBWorld, Rennlist, Audi World, Land Rover forum... so please do not take my post down. I have information that literally can't wait until the new year.

-First off is yes, Fidelity is going to increase their pricing come January 1st 2024, so the only way to lock in the lower rates would be sign up for coverage at the end of the year.

-I saw on a previous post mentioning different pricing for different models, correct, coverage on the R1S is slightly cheaper than the RT1.

-Nothing against those who have purchased XCare coverage, I took me awhile to figure this out as well because in my 4 years, I had not heard of this warranty company/coverage at all. But XCare from XCelerate Auto is rebranded Endurance Warranty Coverage... check their Better Business Bureau Page below, unaccredited with a current alert on the page... I would beware.

https://www.bbb.org/us/il/northbroo...endurance-warranty-services-llc-0654-88077689

Here is Fidelity's Better Business Bureau Page, accredited, A- rating, in business for over 45 years.

https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/deerfield.../fidelity-warranty-services-inc-0633-25000717

-Highline Autos is one of the few Fidelity retailers, able to administer coverage to California and Florida residents, you can reach me at the email already shared in this thread, [email protected]

Last edited:

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
I've never really paid attention to extended warranties but this thread got me curious. My R1S has (checking app) 10,333 miles and the quote (didn't apply discount code) was eye watering:

Rivian R1T R1S What are your thoughts on a 10 yr or 11 yr / 100,000 miles - 150,000 miles bumper to bumper extended warranty by Fidelity Warranty Services 87823A63-46A8-444A-9E30-3CF7A1FB429F_4_5005_c

Curious on the mileage, I dropped mine to 9,333 and reran:
Rivian R1T R1S What are your thoughts on a 10 yr or 11 yr / 100,000 miles - 150,000 miles bumper to bumper extended warranty by Fidelity Warranty Services 4C841DFD-47D5-4EF4-BF49-18E28A316614_1_201_a

A couple of things leaped out at me: once I went over 10k miles I did not even have an OPTION for a warranty longer than 84 months - under 10k miles I was offered policies up to 132 months.

The second thing was odd - the 84mo/120k/$0 rate went UP from $8912 to $8958, but the same with $250 deductible went DOWN from $5991 to $5066.

Clearly 10k miles is a significant event in this world and you absolutely want to be aware of that (I wasn't).

Not being used to extended warranties I'm evaluating "the years shown will begin TODAY and the mileage shown will be ADDED to the current odometer reading." I too am somewhat concerned about the air suspension - but I also have a GX470 with 230k miles with never an issue (though I just proactively replaced the rear air bags) and Rivian's air suspension is likely more expensive to keep operational. Anyway, with 51 months / 50k miles remaining on my factory comprehensive warranty...the MOST I can add now adds 23 months (84-51) and 80k (130k - 50k) miles for ($250 deduct) $5991 (plus Rivian discount, is there sales tax? dunno). So...IF I keep this vehicle another 4 years...I would essentially be paying $3k/year for 2 years of extended comprehensive warranty? Am I evaluating this correctly?

RoverFan

First Name
Trenton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@KeithPleas Correct, Fidelity has mileage based pricing tiers that determine your coverage price, tiers are listed below.

0-10K
10K-25K
25K-35K
35K-45K
45K-55K
55K-70K
70K-85K
..... etc.

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I've never really paid attention to extended warranties but this thread got me curious. My R1S has (checking app) 10,333 miles and the quote (didn't apply discount code) was eye watering:

87823A63-46A8-444A-9E30-3CF7A1FB429F_4_5005_c.jpeg

Curious on the mileage, I dropped mine to 9,333 and reran:
4C841DFD-47D5-4EF4-BF49-18E28A316614_1_201_a.jpeg

A couple of things leaped out at me: once I went over 10k miles I did not even have an OPTION for a warranty longer than 84 months - under 10k miles I was offered policies up to 132 months.

The second thing was odd - the 84mo/120k/$0 rate went UP from $8912 to $8958, but the same with $250 deductible went DOWN from $5991 to $5066.

Clearly 10k miles is a significant event in this world and you absolutely want to be aware of that (I wasn't).

Not being used to extended warranties I'm evaluating "the years shown will begin TODAY and the mileage shown will be ADDED to the current odometer reading." I too am somewhat concerned about the air suspension - but I also have a GX470 with 230k miles with never an issue (though I just proactively replaced the rear air bags) and Rivian's air suspension is likely more expensive to keep operational. Anyway, with 51 months / 50k miles remaining on my factory comprehensive warranty...the MOST I can add now adds 23 months (84-51) and 80k (130k - 50k) miles for ($250 deduct) $5991 (plus Rivian discount, is there sales tax? dunno). So...IF I keep this vehicle another 4 years...I would essentially be paying $3k/year for 2 years of extended comprehensive warranty? Am I evaluating this correctly?

Can you get a $500 deductible option to lower the price and then go with
Hello everyone, I am Trenton at Highline Autos, retailer of Fidelity Extended Warranty coverage, I had a couple people reach out due to this post so I wanted to see for myself what was going on, I appreciate everyone who did reach out and ask questions.

I want to let the moderators know we are interested in sponsoring this forum like we do with the MBWorld, Rennlist, Audi World, Land Rover forum... so please do not take my post down. I have information that literally can't wait until the new year.

-First off is yes, Fidelity is going to increase their pricing come January 1st 2024, so the only way to lock in the lower rates would be sign up for coverage at the end of the year.

-I saw on a previous post mentioning different pricing for different models, correct, coverage on the R1S is slightly cheaper than the RT1.

-Nothing against those who have purchased XCare coverage, I took me awhile to figure this out as well because in my 4 years, I had not heard of this warranty company/coverage at all. But XCare from XCelerate Auto is rebranded Endurance Warranty Coverage... check their Better Business Bureau Page below, unaccredited with a current alert on the page... I would beware.

https://www.bbb.org/us/il/northbroo...endurance-warranty-services-llc-0654-88077689

Here is Fidelity's Better Business Bureau Page, accredited, A- rating, in business for over 45 years.

https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/deerfield.../fidelity-warranty-services-inc-0633-25000717

-Highline Autos is one of the few Fidelity retailers, able to administer coverage to California and Florida residents, you can reach me at the email already shared in this thread, [email protected]

Welcome to the forums. You can reach out to moderators at the top where it says Sponsors and chose the option to send a message "Become a Sponsor (Contact Us)".

Also, I can update the original post with your contact as well for California and Florida residents especially.

Rivian R1T R1S What are your thoughts on a 10 yr or 11 yr / 100,000 miles - 150,000 miles bumper to bumper extended warranty by Fidelity Warranty Services 1703967506816

Last edited:

RoverFan

First Name
Trenton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@MidnightRivian $500 deductible is only available on coverage when the vehicle already has 35K+ miles.

I have reached out to the moderators about sponsorship and have already gotten a reply, thank you for adding our information to your original post. Please confirm my email, I had typed it wrong in my first post, it is [email protected]
Sponsored