Sponsored

What is a thread you would see on forums for other vehicles, but never here?

RtOnelove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rt1, Ford bronco
So our vehicles are somewhat unique (obviously). What are some things owners of other trucks, SUVs, or other cars complain about that we will never need to complain about?

I'll start: you'll never see a thread called "what is the best aftermarket tool to turn off autostop?"
Sponsored

mindstormsguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some
Rough downshifts, and stuttering transmission on the highway. (Guess what truck I owned last…)

Though, to the last trucks benefit, it didn't sound like the front suspension was about to fall apart.

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
You want to blow up a thread in a car forum.. ask which oil is best for your vehicle.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

“I enjoyed my made to order omelet and cappuccino while relaxing in the SC customer lounge this morning”.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

what lift do I need for 35s..
Classic on every Jeep forum.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

“Do we really need premium for our trucks?”

As a former GX owner, this was a fairly common question. Especially since the same engine in Toyota models like the Tundra didn’t require premium.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

what lift do I need for 35s..
Classic on every Jeep forum.
A body lift should be possible on the Rivian, but it will be a LOT of hardware (hundreds of pieces), and I'm doubtful there is enough length on the harnesses that span from the body to the frame.

OP
OP

RtOnelove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rt1, Ford bronco
A body lift should be possible on the Rivian, but it will be a LOT of hardware (hundreds of pieces), and I'm doubtful there is enough length on the harnesses that span from the body to the frame.
It would be hilarious to see. Especially since it would be kind of pointless, it would only be for the look. Well, I guess maybe you could squeeze in slightly larger tires? But it wouldn't really give any ground clearance otherwise.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Is it, though? Rivian seems to have used a hybrid of ladder frame and monocoque…. Adding large spacers between the two may affect rigidity.

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
Is it, though? Rivian seems to have used a hybrid of ladder frame and monocoque…. Adding large spacers between the two may affect rigidity.
I feel like one of the manufacturing videos mentioned that the body was attached to the frame via adhesive as well to increase rigidity. Pretty sure that would make it even more difficult to separate.
Sponsored