Sponsored

What reusable water bottle actually fits in the R1T/R1S?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Does anyone have a water bottle that actually fits well in the R1T or R1S door?

My Hydroflask doesn't fit in the door or cup holder.

Yeti doesn't fit in the door or cup holder.

The 32-oz Rivian-branded water bottle doesn't fit in the door.

The 20-oz Rivian-branded water bottle doesn't fit in the door. It kind of fits in the cup holder, but not well -- it tilts towards the screen and doesn't stay flat.

I bought a 32oz Nalgene bottle thinking THAT would fit in the door, but NO. It's okay height-wise but it's too wide.

Does anyone know of a bottle that actually fits in the door?
Sponsored

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

See, all those cup holders in the Lightning would be handy. Just kidding.
I have to say that this and the lack of glovebox are a huge oversight.
The open footwell in the front will eventually lead to someone having an accident if something rolls under the brake pedal or other.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

On a more constructive note, it seems like the doors are really the only place you could get something to fit from what someone at a SC told me.

OP
OP

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I did use the open area of the center console today. Had a stiff paper bag from a store, and it fit nicely and didn't move around. I have not missed a glove box, at all. The small drawers under the front seats have been perfect for small items, and I bought a Patagonia Black Hole Cube (small) and it has been great for organizing the center console.

The door pockets are effectively worthless, imo. I carry a rolled up hand towel, and that's really all I can use it for. I want to store a water bottle, but I can't find anything that fits. The pockets looked big in pictures, but the way the door is cut makes them quite short and deceivingly thin.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

Sponsored

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'89 Trans Am GTA, '22 Rivian R1T, Pre-order '26 R2
Occupation
General Manager - Retail & Service
Clubs

my Rtic 40oz insulated tumbler fits just fine in the cup holders

OP
OP

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer

Iwannarivian

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Panamera 4, Wrangler, MB C250, Civic Sport
Occupation
pretending to be retired
Clubs

Does anyone have a water bottle that actually fits well in the R1T or R1S door?

My Hydroflask doesn't fit in the door or cup holder.

Yeti doesn't fit in the door or cup holder.

The 32-oz Rivian-branded water bottle doesn't fit in the door.

The 20-oz Rivian-branded water bottle doesn't fit in the door. It kind of fits in the cup holder, but not well -- it tilts towards the screen and doesn't stay flat.

I bought a 32oz Nalgene bottle thinking THAT would fit in the door, but NO. It's okay height-wise but it's too wide.

Does anyone know of a bottle that actually fits in the door?
Dont know how big the stuff you’re trying to put in there, but everything I’ve tried has fit…biking bottle, rtic 32oz tumbler, numerous coffee mugs (travel style) every size Starbucks drink, Sonic route 66 cups…bottom line is if its a “cup ir cup style” mug/bottle whatever…it’ll probably fit! People need to stop trying to put 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag!🤪💩💩

Sponsored

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
The door pockets frankly suck. Not just because of size but because of access. Every other truck or SUV I've had with door pockets I could access from the seat with the door closed. Not so in the R1s. It's a combination of lack of dead space between the door panel and seat bottom as well as the relatively thick, low, and long armrest. Another one of those "how the hell did they mess this up?" moments for me, alongside the lack of A-pillar handle and the absolutely atrocious placement of the interior door handles.

OP
OP

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Dont know how big the stuff you’re trying to put in there, but everything I’ve tried has fit…biking bottle, rtic 32oz tumbler, numerous coffee mugs (travel style) every size Starbucks drink, Sonic route 66 cups…bottom line is if its a “cup ir cup style” mug/bottle whatever…it’ll probably fit! People need to stop trying to put 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag!🤪💩💩
Are you referring to this: https://rticoutdoors.com/Tumblers?name=Tumbler&size=30oz&color=Mardi-Gras&material=Metallic

Based on their website, it's way too wide to fit in the door. Can you share a picture of this actually fitting?

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Yeti 18oz Rambler Hotshot fits in door and cupholder.
https://www.yeti.com/21071501151.html

Yeti website says if it is cupholder compatible or not.

I have the 18oz Rambler bottle with chug cap and while it fits in the cupholder, the handle at the top makes it too tall for the door.
Rivian R1T R1S What reusable water bottle actually fits in the R1T/R1S? PXL_20220820_021833193

Without the top it fits.

Rivian R1T R1S What reusable water bottle actually fits in the R1T/R1S? PXL_20220820_021852227

JamesPolk24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Another forum member recommended this carrier for the floor area. Ordered one before I took delivery and been using since. 40oz ThermoFlask home is in one of large pockets. Use other pockets for various stuff as well. Can easily grab and drink while driving if the cup holders are in. It's a little tighter getting it out with the cup holder in open position but can grab from the side when exiting.

Edit: I guess amazon links not working for me.

Search
"
Car Seat Organizer - Back Seat & Front Seat Storage Bag with Seat Belt Attachment, Cup holders and Foldable Pockets - Water Resistant Backseat Organizer for Toys, Snacks and other utensils
"

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
My 32 oz Yeti just fits in the enclosed center console. I have the guzzle top. It is the only place I have found to work.
Sponsored