Sponsored

Who in CO still has a broken auto tonneau?

Spaceball1

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 Kia EV6, 15 Mustang GT Vert
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I’ve been somewhat patient with Rivian on this. I did buy mine used but that shouldn’t matter (in fact at the time that was the only way to get a factory tonneau!) Bought in Feb 2023 with a working tonneau. I knew I wouldn’t get lucky and have it always work, but it literally broke on day 2 that I had it 😂 Took to Rivian in Denver to fix other things as well, they opened it for me and disabled it as expected. Closed my ticket.

When they announced the fix in June, I realized they were going in priority of those with open tickets. So I opened a ticket to get my name in line. That ticket is still open. I read on here a lot of people started getting emails that the fix was coming soon, but I didn’t get such an email (perhaps since I’m not the original owner?) Spoke to service several times to make sure I’m on the list. When I had a service needed in December, I went to Colorado Springs SC (just opened in October) and spoke to that guy. He said he’d look into it for me, and I asked when I picked up the truck and he said “yeah you weren’t on the list, but you are now.” Cool, I believe him. He also said they are only doing a handful of them there (it’s a new and small SC) but I heard Denver is doing 10 a week. He put me on the list for Denver too since I said I’d really like it asap and don’t mind driving to Denver. He said he was told they should be getting the last of the parts to fix it by March. Of course, March in Rivian speak is probably December 😂

Okay, I know it’s not March yet, but I don’t feel like I should be so low on the priority list, if I’m even really on it. I’ve been reading on here and FB groups of many people getting theirs fixed, and what irks me is I’m seeing people who didn’t even have an appointment to get it fixed but was in for something else, get it fixed while they’re in there, which shows me there’s a surplus of parts out there. I saw one today of someone whose wasn’t even broken, get the fix by surprise during a regular visit! 😠

Rant over. Just curious if I’m the only one in Colorado with a fully busted tonneau still waiting…
Sponsored

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
Lots of us still waiting.

For context, my cover ticket has been open since July '22. I was in for service a couple weeks ago in Denver and figured they'd add the tonneau fix while it was in. They told me that some group (sounded clandestine) was handling it and they'd just started to get new batches of parts for the fixes from the initial batch.

They seemed to have little insight in to how any of the scheduling was happening and seemed as frustrated as some of us here. It's the same black hole it's been forever.

Aag12

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na
Lots of us still waiting.

For context, my cover ticket has been open since July '22. I was in for service a couple weeks ago in Denver and figured they'd add the tonneau fix while it was in. They told me that some group (sounded clandestine) was handling it and they'd just started to get new batches of parts for the fixes from the initial batch.

They seemed to have little insight in to how any of the scheduling was happening and seemed as frustrated as some of us here. It's the same black hole it's been forever.
Same. Sept 22 Vin in Denver , but opened ticket 2 months ago.

OP
OP
Spaceball1

Spaceball1

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Did you guys get the email back in October?

Well glad I’m not the only one! I’m tempted to drive to Arizona and visit my sister since it sounds like down there they are just giving them away to anyone that has an old design 😂

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
Did you guys get the email back in October?

Well glad I’m not the only one! I’m tempted to drive to Arizona and visit my sister since it sounds like down there they are just giving them away to anyone that has an old design 😂
Yes, got the email.

I was in AZ for xmas and even booked an appointment at the PHX SC for my front camera/sensor issue while I was there. I got ahold of them the day before and they told me they wouldn't be doing the tonneau fix AND they said they likely needed to keep my truck for a couple days to troubleshoot the issue, which wasn't going to work for me. I rescheduled for Denver in mid Jan as noted in my last post. Denver handled my front camera/sensor issue in a couple hours and never suggested they needed to keep the truck past end of the dy.

Sponsored

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
Got a call from service the other day (not sure if central service of Denver SC) that they got a new batch of parts in for the fix and I was up. Earliest time available was 4/1 (just now realizing that be an ominous sign, lol) so I jumped on it.

OP
OP
Spaceball1

Spaceball1

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Got a call from service the other day (not sure if central service of Denver SC) that they got a new batch of parts in for the fix and I was up. Earliest time available was 4/1 (just now realizing that be an ominous sign, lol) so I jumped on it.
Funny, I just got a call about 30 minutes ago from Rivian SC that parts are coming in too, but the earliest they could do for me was May. So I'm on the book for May 1st at COS SC. Was hoping to get it in March sometime but at least I got something to look forward to haha

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
I'm in line with you.

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
Service proactively reached out and said they had sooner appointments than my 4/1 appointment AND mobile (!!). I'm scheduled the week of 3/18. I can't think of a report of a mobile PTC fix yet, so we'll see how it goes. Very exciting news.

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
Service proactively reached out and said they had sooner appointments than my 4/1 appointment AND mobile (!!). I'm scheduled the week of 3/18. I can't think of a report of a mobile PTC fix yet, so we'll see how it goes. Very exciting news.

I was having lunch yesterday in my living room and a Rivian mobile van drove in front of my house. I excitedly looked in the app hoping that I had remembered my appointment (3/18) incorrectly and they were coming to my house today. They were not :crying:. Turns out my neighborhood just has a lot of Rivians now. 6 more sleeps....

Sponsored

OP
OP
Spaceball1

Spaceball1

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I reached out yesterday to them to see if I could get mobile as well. They called me today and said they won't do mobile since I am so close to an S/C, but was able to move my appointment from May 2nd to March 21st!

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
I reached out yesterday to them to see if I could get mobile as well. They called me today and said they won't do mobile since I am so close to an S/C, but was able to move my appointment from May 2nd to March 21st!
I'm only 6.0 miles from the service center.

At least you got it moved up.

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Me: “hi everyone, my name is Marchin_MTB and my PTC has been broken since August 4th 2022”

Support Group: “Hi Marchin_MTB”

I have not heard from Rivian at all about this. have reached out several times. Ticket is open. Thinking about bugging them more frequently. The Denver SC is about 30 miles away. Feel like I have given Rivian a lot of slack on this issue but am now starting to get frustrated with the lack of comms.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Hi @Marchin_MTB my name is TRandall.
My PTC has only been broken since Jan. 2024.
I babied my beloved PTC but alas brutal NE winter ice got the best of it. I have a service ticket as well however my impending dilemma is that PTC is stuck 3/4 shut and spare tire is trapped. 5-Tire rotation time is approaching quickly.

Ok who's turn next...?

OP
OP
Spaceball1

Spaceball1

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Me: “hi everyone, my name is Marchin_MTB and my PTC has been broken since August 4th 2022”

Support Group: “Hi Marchin_MTB”

I have not heard from Rivian at all about this. have reached out several times. Ticket is open. Thinking about bugging them more frequently. The Denver SC is about 30 miles away. Feel like I have given Rivian a lot of slack on this issue but am now starting to get frustrated with the lack of comms.
Yeah keep bugging them. I had a ticket open for mine too but never got any letters like others did. They finally "opened" another ticket when I reached out last month, and magically the next day they called to schedule it. Same with reaching out yesterday to pull it forward.
Sponsored