Sponsored

Who in CO still has a broken auto tonneau?

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Yeah keep bugging them. I had a ticket open for mine too but never got any letters like others did. They finally "opened" another ticket when I reached out last month, and magically the next day they called to schedule it. Same with reaching out yesterday to pull it forward.
Thanks. I just chatted with service and they are seeing about elevating my PTC request.
Sponsored

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Thanks. I just chatted with service and they are seeing about elevating my PTC request.
Well, I now have an appointment for April 15th at the Denver SC….and I am pretty happy with that!

OP
OP
Spaceball1

Spaceball1

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 Kia EV6, 15 Mustang GT Vert
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Had my appointment at Colorado Springs SC yesterday and they performed the half shaft TSB as well. Only took them the day to do both.

Finally, a working PTC! Yay!

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
Forgot to update..... My appt was supposed to be on Monday 12-4. Got a text from tech at 330 that they had 2 PTC kits loaded for 2 appointments that day and one of the kits was damaged. So.... rescheduled for next Tuesday, but at least I'm the morning appt this time.

sagebrush2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I got a voicemail on 3/8 that I could schedule a service appointment to get the PTC replaced. I called them back on 3/11. By then the soonest appointment was on May 1st. I was hoping to get it fixed before my roadtrip out to see the eclipse. Oh well.

my cover would work if I sprayed water in the tracks while operating it. I think that was sufficient lubrication to get it to go.
Edit: clarified a word

Last edited:

Sponsored

pticknerco

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Chevy Duramax, Mazda CX5
I reached out yesterday to them to see if I could get mobile as well. They called me today and said they won't do mobile since I am so close to an S/C, but was able to move my appointment from May 2nd to March 21st!
It sounds like they gave you the impression they could do mobile? I'm over in Montrose and have had a service ticket for my PTC since early June 2022, and finally got an appointment at COS for 5/1. They told me that a mobile repair was not an option even though I'm 5 hours from a SC.

They are definitely not doing the services in order of the repair tickets either, which has kind of pissed me off in this whole process. I know of much more recent buyers and service tickets than me that have had gotten a new PTC already, or at least have an earlier appointment than I do.

OP
OP
Spaceball1

Spaceball1

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
It sounds like they gave you the impression they could do mobile? I'm over in Montrose and have had a service ticket for my PTC since early June 2022, and finally got an appointment at COS for 5/1. They told me that a mobile repair was not an option even though I'm 5 hours from a SC.

They are definitely not doing the services in order of the repair tickets either, which has kind of pissed me off in this whole process. I know of much more recent buyers and service tickets than me that have had gotten a new PTC already, or at least have an earlier appointment than I do.
I only asked for mobile service since someone else on here was able to get it in Denver for the same PTC issue. I think that guy said he didn’t think they were going mobile service for PTC replacements but since I was close to an SC they wouldn’t allow me to do that anyway.

FWIW I don’t know think Rivian has any consistency in their service agents 😆

Stinks they won’t do it for people that far way though. Might tell them about the guy on here that is getting his done with mobile and convince them that it can be done. Be worth DMing him to get some details about it.

OP
OP
Spaceball1

Spaceball1

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Service proactively reached out and said they had sooner appointments than my 4/1 appointment AND mobile (!!). I'm scheduled the week of 3/18. I can't think of a report of a mobile PTC fix yet, so we'll see how it goes. Very exciting news.
@mpw81 did yours end up getting done with mobile? Curious to hear how that went!

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Had my appointment at Colorado Springs SC yesterday and they performed the half shaft TSB as well. Only took them the day to do both.

Finally, a working PTC! Yay!
How did the half shaft TSB work? All quiet now?

OP
OP
Spaceball1

Spaceball1

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
How did the half shaft TSB work? All quiet now?
It did seem to quiet the suspension some, but that just may be my brain playing tricks on me 😆 my understanding is the half shaft issue was more about play and would have been more of a rattle than the suspension squeaking I normally have.

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
It did seem to quiet the suspension some, but that just may be my brain playing tricks on me 😆 my understanding is the half shaft issue was more about play and would have been more of a rattle than the suspension squeaking I normally have.
Mine has a distinct click when I start and stop at a couple of the axles. It is pretty minor, but I can hear it.

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
@mpw81 did yours end up getting done with mobile? Curious to hear how that went!
Mobile appt was re-scheduled to this morning (3/26). They just called and..... it's cold, so need to reschedule again until next week (4/2). The irony being that my original appt was scheduled AT the SC for 4/1 and they proactively reached out to move it up via mobile. I live 5 miles away from the SC and WFM, so dropping it off for the day is no big deal at all.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Mine has a distinct click when I start and stop at a couple of the axles. It is pretty minor, but I can hear it.
I had washers done twice, and just recently had half shafts AND hubs done via mobile (tech in SA is awesome) Quieted it down and feels smoother...I still have a clunk during heavy regen and then getting back on accelerator. That's subframe.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I had washers done twice, and just recently had half shafts AND hubs done via mobile (tech in SA is awesome) Quieted it down and feels smoother...I still have a clunk during heavy regen and then getting back on accelerator. That's subframe.
Are you going to have them replace the subframe?

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Are you going to have them replace the subframe?
Nah. Its considered normal for the welded subframe apparently. I'm either trading in pending R1 updates or swapping for the R2 in a few years. Not gonna make a huge stink about it.
Sponsored