Sponsored

Who in CO still has a broken auto tonneau?

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Had my appointment at Colorado Springs SC yesterday and they performed the half shaft TSB as well. Only took them the day to do both.

Finally, a working PTC! Yay!
@Spaceball1 et al, my PTC has been working since I purchased it 06/2022, but I'm expecting it will eventually fail. Has anyone on this forum definitely described with the "new" PTC fix actually is? I keep hearing different things from different folks --some saying the new one has two motors and others saying there still just one motor.

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
@Spaceball1 et al, my PTC has been working since I purchased it 06/2022, but I'm expecting it will eventually fail. Has anyone on this forum definitely described with the "new" PTC fix actually is? I keep hearing different things from different folks --some saying the new one has two motors and others saying there still just one motor.
I suppose we could all live stream my garage security camera tomorrow morning since that's where they'll need to do my PTC replacement. Assuming they don't cancel for "weather" again, but it looks to be much nicer tomorrow than last Tuesday.

OP
OP
Spaceball1

Spaceball1

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 Kia EV6, 15 Mustang GT Vert
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I suppose we could all live stream my garage security camera tomorrow morning since that's where they'll need to do my PTC replacement. Assuming they don't cancel for "weather" again, but it looks to be much nicer tomorrow than last Tuesday.
That would be pretty cool if you could record that!

OP
OP
Spaceball1

Spaceball1

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
For some reason of course the only invoice I want to look back at itā€™s not letting me now. I do remember it listed off some of the parts needed to fix mine. I donā€™t recall seeing anything about a new motor, just the panels and some trim pieces.

Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ioniq 5, ā€˜78 Jeep Wagoneer
Finally got a call for PTC replacement, which will evidently happen two months from now.

Thanks Tony.

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
For some reason of course the only invoice I want to look back at itā€™s not letting me now. I do remember it listed off some of the parts needed to fix mine. I donā€™t recall seeing anything about a new motor, just the panels and some trim pieces.
5th part is "Tonneau Cover - Electric". Maybe that is it?

Rivian R1T R1S Who in CO still has a broken auto tonneau? 1712029997072-kb

OP
OP
Spaceball1

Spaceball1

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
5th part is "Tonneau Cover - Electric". Maybe that is it?

1712029997072-kb.png
Iā€™m reading that as the actual tonneau part, though odd it is only 1 quantity. Perhaps it is a kit with all the pieces. I know my old ones were broken on the sides so they definitely had to be replaced!

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
Iā€™m reading that as the actual tonneau part, though odd it is only 1 quantity. Perhaps it is a kit with all the pieces. I know my old ones were broken on the sides so they definitely had to be replaced!
Pretty sure this is the new part listed above, it came in one piece out of the box on the ground. The old part is sitting behind the truck. The assembly included the motor (in the closer tech's right hand) and after they installed it they deployed the slats out of it. So I believe PT0000079-k is the full PTC assembly, motor, slats and all.

Rivian R1T R1S Who in CO still has a broken auto tonneau? Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 9.14.48ā€ÆAM

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
Mobile replacement complete.
  • 8:03 - Tech #1 (with the van) starts working solo
  • 8:36 - Tech #2 (in an R1T) shows up
  • 9:57 - All done

Sponsored

pticknerco

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Chevy Duramax, Mazda CX5
Mobile replacement complete.
  • 8:03 - Tech #1 (with the van) starts working solo
  • 8:36 - Tech #2 (in an R1T) shows up
  • 9:57 - All done
Those pics are great to see, and will make my next phone call with my service center (CO Springs) a little more interesting. I am still being told that this fix absolutely cannot be done with a mobile service call. It's bad enough that there isn't much rhyme or reason to their scheduling (had a ticket in since June 2022), but I've even had a mobile tech out to me since they've started these fixes. Thanks!

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
Glad to help. Not trying to make excuses for the SC but it could be a training issue.

Those pics are great to see, and will make my next phone call with my service center (CO Springs) a little more interesting. I am still being told that this fix absolutely cannot be done with a mobile service call. It's bad enough that there isn't much rhyme or reason to their scheduling (had a ticket in since June 2022), but I've even had a mobile tech out to me since they've started these fixes. Thanks!
Sponsored