Sponsored

Will Rivian add Tesla Superchargers into the map?

Carmelbythesea

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T & 2020 Tesla Model Y LR & R1S on order
Would be great if they incorporated them in. Just noticed the charger Network changed with the new update.
Rivian R1T R1S Will Rivian add Tesla Superchargers into the map? IMG_5838
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Only if Tesla is willing to share the charger data with Rivian.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Would be great if they incorporated them in.
All 9 of them?

Eventually I guess, but availability data may not be public, and you will still need the Tesla app to use them. I think Rivian is trying to provide a seamless integration across networks which so far isn't working out that great because even EA doesn't share their availability.

For the foreseeable future you should still be using ABRP and PlugShare to do any long-distance trip planning.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Do all of the currently-listed networks allow plug-and-play with Rivian? Or do they just share their network locations and charging status?

Eventually all networks who get any NEVI money will have to share this stuff publicly, so most cars should be able to list any network they choose.

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
With an increasing number of options available, I really hope the built in map will show pricing if I look at a specific station.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
With an increasing number of options available, I really hope the built in map will show pricing if I look at a specific station.
This would be nice, but some of the network provider apps don't even show this. EVGo is notoriously difficult to figure out pricing, even at some of the stations themselves. PlugShare is the network, but most of the chargers are owned by a third party, so the pricing isn't always accurate. I think we could see this for RAN and maybe EA before anyone else.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This would be nice, but some of the network provider apps don't even show this. EVGo is notoriously difficult to figure out pricing, even at some of the stations themselves. PlugShare is the network, but most of the chargers are owned by a third party, so the pricing isn't always accurate. I think we could see this for RAN and maybe EA before anyone else.
This should all start to get better over time, as the NEVI funds start being used to actually build out networks. Those funds will require API access to better data for each station in a network.
Sponsored