Sponsored

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
One of the things I liked about Rivian was RJ v Elon. Nevermind. Elon is at least straightforward and honest about who he is. RJ just did a 4 year con on us.
So wait, Elon increasing the pricing of Tesla's vehicles is in by no way anything similar what RJ just did with Rivian? Not even remotely close? C'mon now ...
Sponsored

HokieBird7980

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alpina B7, Mercedes GL550, Hyundai Tuscon
Occupation
Chief Commercial Officer, Pharmaceuticals
Clubs

So Jury is out? everyone is affected including all LE holders from Day 1? TLDR? LOL My account still says same pricing.
Mine too. Was trying to see what the increase was. Perhaps those of us who ordered in 2018 catch a break!

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
Honestly I felt like they were pretty underpriced although missing a few features.(Matrix Headlights, massage seats, etc) I'm a more worried though because I likely will get a sooner delivery but if they drop prices later and add features I will be annoyed. And also if this is a bad sign of company could leave you screwed.

turbome

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
wonder if the pricing is being "rolled out" because my R1T LE and R1S preorder remain unchanged. I logged off and back in and hit the refresh a few times but no pricing difference shown. I know that I'm not that lucky but wondering what gives ....
My pricing has not changed either. I was contacted this am and given my delivery date of 4-6 weeks and she asked if I needed to change anything. I responded no so I'm thinking that if you don't change any of your pre-order options, possibly the price remains the same.

I also pre-ordered the R1S but not until Dec 2021 and that pricing still shows the same also. If Rivian raises the prices like many have seen, I feel it will be their downfall. Those price increases are not right for pre-order holders.

Sponsored

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, R1T
Occupation
Engineer
So Jury is out? everyone is affected including all LE holders from Day 1? TLDR? LOL My account still says same pricing.
It sounds like unless you have been contacted by a Guide or received your prelim buyer's agreement, you're stuck with the price increase, and they will tell you what the increase is at some point in the future.

(I am LE preorder, no contact with Guide yet. March/April estimated date.)

Rivian R1T R1S R1T & R1S Updated Pricing, Configuration, Specs. Dual Motor Now Available 1646176234019

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
You know, with these many people now declaring they're "out", it may tempt me enough to put in my order in sooner than I expected. I mean, if the wait queue is shortened by THIS much ... ?

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
My pricing has not changed either. I was contacted this am and given my delivery date of 4-6 weeks and she asked if I needed to change anything. I responded no so I'm thinking that if you don't change any of your pre-order options, possibly the price remains the same.

I also pre-ordered the R1S but not until Dec 2021 and that pricing still shows the same also. If Rivian raises the prices like many have seen, I feel it will be their downfall. Those price increases are not right for pre-order holders.
They've said those "in the delivery process" get the old price. So you should be fine. Maybe. Possibly. Depends how big RJ wants his yacht to be.

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
This is deplorable. Ordered in February 2019. Invested in IPO. Held stock against my better judgement. Gave Rivian just about every benefit of the doubt and this is how they thank us early and longstanding supporters of their company. Get f*ck3d!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Gonna go a bit conspiracy theory here for a moment. We've seen multiple videos of many tens/hundreds of R1Ts on the lot in Normal. Could Rivian have been holding those back without delivering them knowing this price increase was coming to get the higher price rather than deliver already-built vehicles at the lower price?
It does sound like several people who were close to delivery got a different email that says their price is the same.

Sponsored

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
I got an email that says my R1S is close to delivery and not affected by the price increases.

Spiffster

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 (Sold), Ford Fusion Energi
If any of you want to massively increase your carbon footprint and lay it RJ's feet, you can get 11% off the MSRP of a Ram TRX at Koons in Vienna, VA. Honestly, I've been thinking about it for a while as my last hurrah in an ICE vehicle. This was it for me and I'm not even going to consider a BEV for the next 5 years.

If you're interested, details on the TRX discount are here:
https://www.ram-trx.com/threads/pri...rp-or-11-below-msrp-no-deposit-required.8040/.
A Dodge? (im sorry, "RAM") Yikes. Does that thing include a mop to clean up all the oil it will be leaking in your garage? :D

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I got an email that says my R1S is close to delivery and not affected by the price increases.
First such email for an R1S I've seen!

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
This thread is blowing up! Pages are being added faster than I can read them!!! My R1S went up by $14900, but at least I now get free tow hooks!! Yipeee!! I'll stay the course for now and maybe my first half 23 delivery will materialize into a late 22? TBH, the vehicle was priced too low to begin with, I realize this is an unpopular position. For early customer holders they really should have stepped the price increases based on how long reservation holders had been waiting. Rivian could STILL change their position on this and back off or could stay their ground and possibly add even more price increases later in the year. I'll keep my $1000 in play and see where it goes. Guess it was a good idea to place my Lyriq order after all to have something to tide me over or even to have in case I give up on Rivian!
I told you about the images that Rivian communication bring in mind. Today it is this:

Rivian R1T R1S R1T & R1S Updated Pricing, Configuration, Specs. Dual Motor Now Available 1646176492045

Last edited:

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
I am out. my R1S is north of 90K now. No Thanks. GX470 it is.
I HAVE a GX470! Our kids just got a GX460...I was like hey this is nice but I got the Rivian coming...now thinking I'll just wait for the Lexus of EV SUVs. I made a few thousand on the IPO, and they brought one by my house for that first drive, but - right now - I think I'm out too.
Sponsored