Sponsored

Lil'Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE
Occupation
Product Support
I am wondering if they will be able to hold to the timeline of 5-10 days for a refund now :rolleyes:

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Looks like I'm gonna have to wait a lot longer for a proper 7-seater EV. ?

Sponsored

STLBlues76

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Attorney
I just sent this email to customer service, RJ, and cc’ed the NYT reporter, Peter Eavis, that recently did the article:
Guys:

This is just terrible. A catastrophic miscalculation. I plan on keeping my preorder for now, but I will be seriously shocked if leadership survives this debacle. As a corporate attorney, I am confident in my prediction that people are going to lose their jobs over this. Which sucks.

This company has done so much to not just throw away customer goodwill over the last 18 months, but actively stomp on it. It seriously seems as though you are trying to piss people off. I am scratching my head. Unfortunately, this does not bode well for Rivian’s long term future. I hope I am wrong.

My family and I drive from St Louis to Chicago 7-8 times a year (at least), and I always stopped by the plant just to see if there was any activity and just to take a look. I don’t think I will be doing that anymore. I may by the car, but I don’t think I will support the company like I used to (you may have seen my quoted in the NYT article recently). I am very disappointed.

Best,
Tommy Taylor

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
So Jury is out? everyone is affected including all LE holders from Day 1? TLDR? LOL My account still says same pricing.
Try updating your config but don't save. It's everyone.

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Here’s the thing. Almost everyone here knew Rivian had to raise prices eventually. The issues are:

1. The size of the price increase is huge.
2. They’ve known about this for weeks or months. Meanwhile they deliver to employees in front of preorder holders and screw us.
3. People made decisions on cars waiting for this and Rivian bait and switched.

One of the things I liked about Rivian was RJ v Elon. Nevermind. Elon is at least straightforward and honest about who he is. RJ just did a 4 year con on us.

Sponsored

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
So Jury is out? everyone is affected including all LE holders from Day 1? TLDR? LOL My account still says same pricing.
Unclear. My 2021 non-LE got the email but my 01/19 LE has gotten NO email. But both show the increase when you open the configurator.

Also agree with above. The problem isn't a price increase.. it's the size, the way they did it, etc.

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
I Pity those who reserved two vehicles;)

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

If any of you want to massively increase your carbon footprint and lay it RJ's feet, you can get 11% off the MSRP of a Ram TRX at Koons in Vienna, VA. Honestly, I've been thinking about it for a while as my last hurrah in an ICE vehicle. This was it for me and I'm not even going to consider a BEV for the next 5 years.

If you're interested, details on the TRX discount are here:
https://www.ram-trx.com/threads/pri...rp-or-11-below-msrp-no-deposit-required.8040/.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Some of those that have deliveries in the next few weeks were spared...

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Gonna go a bit conspiracy theory here for a moment. We've seen multiple videos of many tens/hundreds of R1Ts on the lot in Normal. Could Rivian have been holding those back without delivering them knowing this price increase was coming to get the higher price rather than deliver already-built vehicles at the lower price?
Sponsored