Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Got the same. March/April window, and I signed the purchase agreement earlier this week.
Unfortunately, you may get the original pricing, but with everyone canceling, this company may not be around in 2 years and you'll have a paperweight of epic proportions if something goes wrong. I hope they backtrack on early pre-order pricing.
Sponsored

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
But the thing is, people who reserved at the earlier lower priced got the benefit of that price.
So if Rivian had increase the price 20% over the course of 2021 in $1,000 increments, then you would have been fine with it?

AdaminFlag

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model 3 LR, 2016 Ford Expedition
Clubs

Oof...I have an R1S configured that I preordered about a year ago. I'd probably drop the off-road package with the hooks now included in the Adventure, but would still want the OC interior, which is now a $2K upgrade. So effective $15K price increase for me. Will need to discuss this one with the boss (wife)...
I've gotta say that if the response here is any indication of what demand will end up being at this price point, it doesn't look good for Rivian as a company.

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Only the tow hooks are included in the LE/Adventure package. The reinforced underbody shield is still $2000
And they STILL won't tell you what that really is. A continued example of BS.

Sponsored

Quincalle

First Name
Joaquin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GLE400
Occupation
Product designer
a 20% increase is going to be tough to swallow and that is what it looks like. I understand why they are doing it, their costs are going up. Just might not be a slam dunk anymore.
If it were only 20%?
Our R1S went up over $18k, and we still have another 14-16 months, enough time for maybe 2-3 more increases!

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
The average price of a new car went up 32% since 2018.

This is Rivian's first price increase since 2018 and it's 20%. But y'all are too wrapped up in your Internet-fueled emotions and entitlement to have any notion of rationality left.
That's hilarious....their first price increase since 2018. Too bad they haven't been selling vehicles since 2018. Not even close.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
Unfortunately, you may get the original pricing, but with everyone canceling, this company may not be around in 2 years and you'll have a paperweight of epic proportions if something goes wrong. I hope they backtrack on early pre-order pricing.
I mean you'd think that they would, but they had to have considered the backlash already and though this was only way. That and they probably have enough float from agreement with Amazon where this won't have an impact(or something). I mean the amount of work to backtrack and uncancel orders if they change that decision is insane.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
This email literally went out 10 minutes after my mobile test drive event today. i opened my computer to join the forums because after my ~45 min test ride i was all excited about how awesome it was and wanted to join the community. i was sold that this was the next car for me. Now I need to figure out what to do. On the positive side I was not expecting the truck until well into 2023 since I just put in my reservation a couple months ago. But after reading the posts here, sounds like if I still want it I might be able to get it sooner :)
I think that is a safe bet! If you can afford it and you liked it that much, then buy it. For many here who put down their $ 3-4 years ago and still haven't been assigned a guide or even had a chance to drive a Rivian, a 20% hike like that is a real gut punch. I just put down my deposit in December even though I've been watching Rivian for years and I kinda expected a price increase before I got a truck. This probably priced me out though....

Sponsored

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
Mine went from $78,800 to $96,500 for same exact build. So now this 1st gen car will cost as much as a Tesla Model X who has been doing it for 10yrs.

Dont know if I'll stick around but I have another 2-3yrs to decide since they are still figuring out how to produce vehicles.

hed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Raptor, Rivian Reservation 13##
How do canceled preorders create meaningful movement in production? I don't get it. It reduces backlog I guess but doesn't increase growth. I understand why they raised prices but it seems like a really bad idea to burn all your early adopters. I don't think the stock price is where it is because of Rivian's margins.
Sorry, I was working on a comment that was half baked and unedited that should not have been posted yet. Please disregard that part

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
I mean you'd think that they would, but they had to have considered the backlash already and though this was only way. That and they probably have enough float from agreement with Amazon where this won't have an impact(or something). I mean the amount of work to backtrack and uncancel orders if they change that decision is insane.
100% This is a cataclysmic decision for them, and they knew what the impact would be. There is no possible way they are going to backtrack on this. The impact is too high. The cost to fix it would be too much.

kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 LS 400, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing
Clubs

I'm now worried and got a feeling that Rivian would cut down generous warranty coverage/period at some point... s00n..

Riviandog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model s , model y
Occupation
RF Engineer
We’re grateful to you for being an early supporter of Rivian and helping drive the EV movement towards an enduring and livable world. If you have any questions about your preorder, we’re here to answer them.  - I wonder how they treat customers if they weren't grateful?
Sponsored