Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Watch- now they will release info on quad enduro motors next week 🤦‍♂️
I'm going with in-house quad motors, 800v, and some other evolutionary improvements.
Sponsored

OP
OP
zefram47

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I'm going with in-house quad motors, 800v, and some other evolutionary improvements.
If it's not...I may rethink waiting until 2024 and go with a Large pack. But they need to announce something soon.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

So their strategy worked on me as a preorder holder for max pack- I got an invite to the shop and found a matching config without max pack and jumped on it.
But it’s got the powered tonneau with the full warranty -so there’s that.

13300 vin so I’m hopeful I have the 12v plug and extra magnets up front too.

Good luck to you max packers. I couldn’t hold out any longer and ultimately was worried about continuing loss of features as well as price hikes.

Watch- now they will release info on quad enduro motors next week 🤦‍♂️
If it's a 13k VIN, unfortunately the frunk 12V plug will not be there.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

13300 vin so I’m hopeful I have the 12v plug and extra magnets up front too.
I’m within 100 of your VIN. No 12v plug in the front, and one magnet. One magnet works, I don’t understand why some people seem to have a problem with it.

Jnz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Jeep Wrangler, Tesla Model X
Clubs

I was a Max Pack order holder. After the delay announcement to 2024, and more importantly, the announcement that dual motor max packs will now come first (in 2023), I was really questioning whether Rivian will ever make the quad motor max packs. Or by the time 2024 comes around, will the quad/max reservations just be so low to make them drop it. Those who don’t have pre-March reservations can more easily switch to dual motor max if they really need the extra range. For me, I don’t see how it would work if I were to switch to a dual motor max since my reservation predates the price increases. I happened to get an invitation to the R1 Shop and went for a Large Pack truck. Delivery is this week. Hopefully, I never miss the extra range.

Sponsored

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Shelby GT350R & 2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Occupation
Medical Devices
I’m not sure if this has been suggested, but what if Rivian innovated by creating a program that is designed to maximize customer good-will while simultaneously driving increased ASP / Margin on R1T's sold in Q4 (for long-time supporters with configurations that continue moving backwards)?

Idea: Offer standardized R1T Large pack to Max Quad reservations as a "hold-over" until their desired Rivian goes into manufacturing; the pre-order holder pays current pricing on the large pack and agrees (in advance) to trade the vehicle back into Rivian when their build is ready.

Rivian Benefits:

• Higher Q4 ASPs on R1Ts while getting early adopters into the Rivian ecosystem
  • Generate tremendous customer good will while simultaneously announcing “hold over” R1s will be traded in and deployed in the growing loaner / service fleet supporting local service centers
  • Rivian could standardize these types of builds knowing their planned second purpose while driving good margin on base product
  • Removes need to take otherwise salable units and put them into these support fleets

Customer Benefits:

• Allows us brand-ambassadors passionate about your company’s mission to be positive mouth-pieces for the brand sooner in the marketplace
  • Allows for long-time supporters to ensure their federal tax credit is secured by 2023 tax filing? - (would be an interesting question for Rivian corporate council, or any CPA lurking here on the forums)?
  • Allows pre-order holder desiring or needing the quad max pack to keep their reservation in the cue.

Thoughts?

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I’m not sure if this has been suggested, but what if Rivian innovated by creating a program that is designed to maximize customer good-will while simultaneously driving increased ASP / Margin on R1T's sold in Q4 (for long-time supporters with configurations that continue moving backwards)?

Idea: Offer standardized R1T Large pack to Max Quad reservations as a "hold-over" until their desired Rivian goes into manufacturing; the pre-order holder pays current pricing on the large pack and agrees (in advance) to trade the vehicle back into Rivian when their build is ready.

Rivian Benefits:

• Higher Q4 ASPs on R1Ts while getting early adopters into the Rivian ecosystem
  • Generate tremendous customer good will while simultaneously announcing “hold over” R1s will be traded in and deployed in the growing loaner / service fleet supporting local service centers
  • Rivian could standardize these types of builds knowing their planned second purpose while driving good margin on base product
  • Removes need to take otherwise salable units and put them into these support fleets

Customer Benefits:

• Allows us brand-ambassadors passionate about your company’s mission to be positive mouth-pieces for the brand sooner in the marketplace
  • Allows for long-time supporters to ensure their federal tax credit is secured by 2023 tax filing? - (would be an interesting question for Rivian corporate council, or any CPA lurking here on the forums)?
  • Allows pre-order holder desiring or needing the quad max pack to keep their reservation in the cue.

Thoughts?
Just buy a large pack and trade it in or sell it when the max packs are available. Honestly, should be ok if you have pre 3/1 pricing. I see no reason for Rivian from a financial standpoint why they should give a customer two trucks are pre 3/1 pricing (unless they have two reservations).

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Shelby GT350R & 2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Occupation
Medical Devices
Just buy a large pack and trade it in or sell it when the max packs are available. Honestly, should be ok if you have pre 3/1 pricing. I see no reason for Rivian from a financial standpoint why they should give a customer two trucks are pre 3/1 pricing (unless they have two reservations).
You misunderstood - the base truck destined for second life as a support vehicle for Rivian would be purchased at post March pricing. My suggestion was to allow that pre-order holder to hang in for the build they really wanted from the onset while buying a base truck at a higher ASP in Q4. The biggest advantage for the quad max hopefuls would likely be in the original owner’s tax credit. That in itself makes the secondary market less attractive for me while they iron out issues and release updates.

that said an offer to buy an orphaned large at current pricing to get immediate access and a tax advantage seems like a win / win for this small group of orders (~10-20%?) while assurances that the max pack order is still in cue. Food for thought anyways

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, Wee-Strom, Lynskey Cooper
I'll bet the proposed "Dual Motor Max Pack" uses the existing battery, and since it is more efficient will attain over 400 MILES...
Unfortunately, the dual-motor does not seem to be particularly efficient; combined with the Large Pack, it gets you only about 2% more range than the quad/large combo.

Rivian R1T R1S Max Pack delayed to 2024 according to configurator / email 😔 1668611902450

Rivian R1T R1S Max Pack delayed to 2024 according to configurator / email 😔 1668612217183

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Unfortunately, the dual-motor does not seem to be particularly efficient; combined with the Large Pack, it gets you only about 2% more range than the quad/large combo.

1668611902450.png

1668612217183.png
While I agree that they aren't getting 400 miles out of the current battery pack and dual motor, I think they will get more than 320. It's probably a conservative number since it's still and estimate and not an EPA value.

Sponsored

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, Wee-Strom, Lynskey Cooper
While I agree that they aren't getting 400 miles out of the current battery pack and dual motor, I think they will get more than 320. It's probably a conservative number since it's still and estimate and not an EPA value.
Possible, but Rivian's previous estimates for the Large fitted to the R1 quads were almost precisely what the EPA numbers turned out to be. It would also seem unlikely that Rivian would pursue the dual-motor R1T Max, estimated to deliver next year, if they thought the Large Pack would get them anywhere near 400 miles.

A.T. ATL

First Name
AT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 BMW M5 Competition, 2022 Ram TRX
Occupation
sales
Did your dealer have stock? I’ve been considering the P400 after the max pack got delayed.
Apologies for the late reply, have not been on the forum, but no, my dealer did not have stock. Would have been ~ 1 year to order a new one. Being a somewhat impatient person, I purchased one from the other side of the country and did pay a premium. Just received a week or so ago and love it so far.

TexasCrane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep, Subaru, R1T
I have an Aug 21 preorder for a max pack. I had a demo drive today at my local service center and really loved the truck and don't want to wait 2 years to get one.

Will switching it to a large get me one prior to 2024? Or should I just go buy on the used market? My thinking right now is to get a large pack and then if/when the release the max pack, maybe trading it in if I find that the large isn't giving me enough range.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I have an Aug 21 preorder for a max pack. I had a demo drive today at my local service center and really loved the truck and don't want to wait 2 years to get one.

Will switching it to a large get me one prior to 2024? Or should I just go buy on the used market? My thinking right now is to get a large pack and then if/when the release the max pack, maybe trading it in if I find that the large isn't giving me enough range.
I would be shocked if you didn’t get a Large pack sooner. I had a Sep 21 Large order, and later switched it to a max pack for awhile. I switched back to a Large pack towards the end of Sep 22, got a confirm my configuration email a few weeks later, and picked up my large R1T on Nov 5. Obviously your results may vary. I wouldn’t think you would get one this year (only a few weeks left), but would guess a couple months.

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Will switching it to a large get me one prior to 2024?
That's the million dollar question. I had a Max pack reservation, changed it to "large pack" a few weeks ago when my current work truck failed VA safety inspection due to rust on the frame at 236,500 miles. Ever since the Rivian portal just says "processing estimate". Ultimately wound up getting my frame welded, that gets me through the short term. I also went to my local Chevy dealership but they told me it's 10 months to get a custom WT from them. Not sure what to do. I don't have much faith in Rivian being able to get me an R1T (even stripped down from my initial config) within the next 10 months. Guess I'm going to keep nursing current truck along, put in the reservation for the ICE Silverado, and switch my Rivian back to Max Pack for "It'll arrive someday".

I don't expect to see an EV WT from any manufacturer before 2025. As one of my friends put it, it's annoying to actually have money and still not be able to get a new truck. 🤷☹
Sponsored