Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Way to shirk my point about Rivian's position by inventing your own for them.
Same shit to the guy that wants Rivian to make a truck with coil springs. If you want something Rivian isn't providing, maybe go somewhere else.
Sponsored

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Same shit to the guy that wants Rivian to make a truck with coil springs. If you want something Rivian isn't providing, maybe go somewhere else.
Been looking into it. Lightning is the clear alternative, but they aren't exactly easy or cheap to come by.

This still doesn't address my point. Rivian says they can build a better alternative. They haven't. That's on them. They made that claim and failed to deliver.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

eeps

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Im going to preface this by saying I’m no expert. Just asking the question
 But if there is a better return on the Amazon Vans, why not temporarily stop production on the Truck / SUV and focus all attention on Van production?
This might be what’s happening since a lot of truck orders have been pushed back. Previously a lot of truck orders were getting delivered before estimated delivery window, now as far as I can tell most Jan and Feb + truck orders have been pushed back 1-3 months. Haven’t been watching SUV orders as closely.

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
This still doesn't address my point. Rivian says they can build a better alternative. They haven't. That's on them. They made that claim and failed to deliver.
That's not what they said. They said they believe an integrated experience is a better one, and will make theirs the best it can be. You don't have to agree with it, but the answer is buying something else, not changing their philosophy. They get to decide what is superior, because it's their product. They don't owe you the experience you deem to be superior. The UI/Infotainment is already better than 25k people paid for.

You're trying to squeeze blood from a stone.

Cleymore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Hopefully this was a good decision. Time will tell.

I'd like to see /config option reductions to cut costs and streamline production a bit more. For example, I think all interiors should be Black Mountain with the only available options being the seat color. Headliner, armrests, etc would remain BM. I think that would look good and reduce efforts.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
That's not what they said. They said they believe an integrated experience is a better one, and will make theirs the best it can be. You don't have to agree with it, but the answer is buying something else, not changing their philosophy. They get to decide what is superior, because it's their product. They don't owe you the experience you deem to be superior. The UI/Infotainment is already better than 25k people paid for.

You're trying to squeeze blood from a stone.
You are in the minority if you believe Rivian has created a better, holistic infotainment experience. Either that or you have no contemporary frame of reference for comparison. There are objectively missing features and numerous complaints about the performance of navigation routing.

Was it "squeezing blood from a stone" when so many here cancelled their pre-orders on 3/1/22? Of course not, and it worked. It's called customer demand. If Rivian truly wanted to shut the door on this discussion outright they have that option. They have chosen not to shut that door.

Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

You just love to be hurt, that's all I can deduce from any conversation about Rivian I have with you.
It's the way of the internet, everyone must be butthurt about something. (I'm certainly no exception.)

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian to cut 6% of workforce amid price war 325713651_5828497690564056_6006828100467570610_n

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

It's the way of the internet, everyone must be butthurt about something. (I'm certainly no exception.)

325713651_5828497690564056_6006828100467570610_n.jpg
If not for hurt feelings, some people wouldn't have any feelings at all

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Been looking into it. Lightning is the clear alternative, but they aren't exactly easy or cheap to come by.

If you don’t like Rivian’s infotainment you’re really going to hate Ford’s. Their computer software works like deep fried dog shit and CarPlay doesn’t matter when the screen crashes constantly.

Also if I have to use my phone to make the UX in my truck even remotely palatable the manufacturer has failed. All the infotainment options aren’t exactly what I wanted either, but I adapted. Tidal is decent and the nav in the Rivian is actually quite nice compared to the native systems in most other vehicles like the one in my Audi that’s unusable.

CarPlay is a bandaid for a shit tier native software stack.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
If not for hurt feelings, some people wouldn't have any feelings at all
Common refrain on this forum. Someone states their opinion, you respond with sarcastic snark and the occasional insult, person replies with snark in-kind, and you can't seem to handle it. If anyone has hurt feelings I think it's you.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
If you don’t like Rivian’s infotainment you’re really going to hate Ford’s. Their computer software works like deep fried dog shit and CarPlay doesn’t matter when the screen crashes constantly.

Also if I have to use my phone to make the UX in my truck even remotely palatable the manufacturer has failed. All the infotainment options aren’t exactly what I wanted either, but I adapted. Tidal is decent and the nav in the Rivian is actually quite nice compared to the native systems in most other vehicles like the one in my Audi that’s unusable.

CarPlay is a bandaid for a shit tier native software stack.
I've used the Ford system. True, it's not as snappy or as aesthetically-pleasing, but the CarPlay integration is fantastic. It communicates efficiency and state of charge to the phone for planning charging stops. I've said it many times, but CarPlay is not a band-aid. It is a feature. It may be one you don't care about, but it does not replace the full infotainment stack. I trust Apple and Google to develop a better app experience much more than I trust Rivian. I'm also not willing to let my car dictate my music service. Tidal does not provide the features Apple Music provides.
Sponsored