Sponsored

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
I just got access last night and I'm connected to the Brooklyn SC. I just happened to be on the website for something else and saw a banner that said the shop was live for me. I checked and it was empty, but it had a message saying it would update daily. I never received an email inviting me, which I thought was weird, so thought I wasn't going to see things for a while. Started obsessively checking for updates this morning and around 11AM got an email and quickly looked to see 5 or 6 vehicles, but they were gone within 20-30 minutes. I think they were all LE, mostly OC interior, but a variety of colors, including an RB. All of them on 20s, which was I wasn't jumping on it and half with RUS.

My preorder was originally for an explore model that I changed to adventure when it was discontinued, early fall of 2021. I did have an original preorder back in 2019 that I cancelled early in 2021, so I don't know if that gave me some priority. I think the bigger thing is that I did a first mile drive a few weeks ago and made a point of telling the guide that I could take delivery ASAP. He had me answer some questions aimed at seeing how quickly I could pay, essentially, and he alluded to that likely giving me earlier access to the shop. I also have an R1T that I bought second hand in January, so I already have a guide and at the point I inherited him, let him know he could confirm my configuration.
WOw! That is news I can use. I have been invited to do a 1rst Mile, but it is about 2 h to get to the BSC for me, so I haven't gone. That sucks if it is holding me back from getting access to the (empty) R1S Shop.
I can pay in full! I have a little flexibility. Why do all these other people get access instead of meeeeeee??!!!!!!
Sponsored

invernite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honday Odyssey
Occupation
Clicking refresh in the R1 Shop
Clubs

11am Eastern? Don’t believe there’s a rhyme or reason to when they load new availability, but I suppose it’s worth a shot. I’ve checked 10-15 times daily for the last few days (Phoenix, AZ) and have literally seen zero new vehicles yet…
Long time lurker, first time poster. Agree with you that there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. I was granted access to the R1S shop on Tuesday evening and at the time saw about 7 vehicles, all LG. That wasn't my initial color choice so I had to (foolishly) stew on it a bit. By the time I decided to pull the trigger everything was gone except two with FG interiors. Saw 3 more vehicles posted at about 3:15pm CT on Wednesday, all gone in about 5-10 minutes. Didn't see anything all day Thursday, and then saw about 7 additions today, around 11:30am CT. There was a RB, one black, one el cap, one LS, and several LG. Most were on 20" wheels. Also several with OC interior. In about 5-10 minutes all were gone.

Granted I have a very small sample size, but from my observations so far I'm not able to find any trend for what time of day they update, or which days.

Fast911

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lightning

Fast911

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lightning

Sponsored

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

Hypothetical: What would you know about the R1 Shop if you preordered an R1S two or more years ago, but you did not follow any of the online Rivian groups (Facebook, Reddit, Rivianforums, etc.)? Here's what I found. There is no mention of contacting a guide or CS to request access to the R1 Shop or to inform them that you are flexible on configuration. But there is a hint that "earliest" preorder holders will have priority.

RIVIAN.COM: Absolutely no mention of the R1 Shop that I can find. Did I miss something?

6/6/22 mass email from [email protected]: "This month, we’ll introduce the R1 Shop, an online experience that gives invited preorder holders the opportunity to swap their current R1 configuration* for a new configuration with expected delivery in the next 6-8 weeks or sooner.

The first shop invitations will go out to some of our earliest R1T preorder holders this week, and we’ll continue to add invites on a rolling basis weighing factors like preorder date, current configuration, and vehicle availability. Once invited, you'll have access to the R1 Shop for one week, to give as many of you who are ready to make the shift the chance to do so.

Rivian will continue to build to order, however, there are often opportunities to more quickly receive your vehicle if you have flexibility in your configuration. The R1 Shop has been created to allow you to look at vehicles that are available due to last-minute order changes from other customers as well as our intentional use of batching for some of our more popular combinations. Of course, if you prefer to get exactly the configuration you preordered, this process won’t impact you."

1/5/23 mass email from [email protected]: "The R1 Shop continues to be the fastest way to take delivery if you are flexible with your choices. Early this year we plan to introduce the R1S into the R1 Shop and will reach out to more customers to browse available configurations, with deliveries happening anywhere between 1-8 weeks depending on your location. Of course, those preferring their specific build will be able to wait for their delivery window to arrive."

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
This has likely been answered before, but I can't recall.

And it may be a "dumb question", but is a question dumb or is it just a dumb person asking a question?

Anyway, if you get R1S Shop access and do not choose anything, does your delivery window and configuration move forward as planned?

Fast911

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lightning

And it may be a "dumb question", but is a question dumb or is it just a dumb person asking a question?

Anyway, if you get R1S Shop access and do not choose anything, does your delivery window and configuration move forward as planned?

Yes. Once you select and confirm in the shop, you lose the shop. So it’s one and done.

Sponsored

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Yes. Eventually.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

It's a valid question considering that some people have been getting Shop invitations even though they didn't request access.

Here's what Tony wrote in his 6/6/22 mass email entitled "Introducing the R1 Shop":
"Of course, if you prefer to get exactly the configuration you preordered, this process won’t impact you."

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Did a chat with CS to ask to have my account flagged as flexible on configuration, but I don't think there's actually any such flag. They said, sure, we'll make a note. Doubt it has any effect whatsoever on getting access to the R1S Shop. I suspect it's largely random, with some component of your location and SC.

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Yes. Once you select and confirm in the shop, you lose the shop. So it’s one and done.
I understand that part.

What I would like to know is if you have a configuration chosen and have been given a delivery window of Q3 2023, then you get access to the R1S Shop but never choose anything, do they move forward with your configuration and delivery window as planned or is that scrapped and you must eventually choose something from the shop?

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Yes. Eventually.
Ok, so getting access isn't really risky as your original configuration and deliveyr date will be honored should you never choose something from the shop
Sponsored