Sponsored

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

New info about the V2H capability:
  • Rivian will offer a bidirectional charger that will be capable of providing 24 kW output from the R1. Release date TBD
  • R2 will be capable of exporting AC at 11 kW. Will launch with R2 and the R1 ostensibly does not have AC output capability.
It's too bad that the R1 does not have AC output capability--it would be useful for worksites and for those that tow RVs.
I think bidirectional charger is the wall unit.
Sponsored

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Will have up to 215k production capacity in Normal, looks like they anticipate R1 reaching a growth cap of 65k:
65K is about what Land Rover sells in the U.S.

I think bidirectional charger is the wall unit.
Needs an inverter. The wall unit is just a fancy extension cord

OP
OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model X Plaid, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Management
And thatā€™s a wrap! Ton of info revealed! Please contribute anything I missed!

Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta, Kia POS
No margin per vehicle numbers for 2024 production?

Iā€™m excited that Rivian projects EBITDA positive in 2027, and that after the cash from the VW deal, Rivian may not need to raise any more cash!

Thatā€™s a pretty big deal

Sorry to disagree, but 2027 is a long way off. We need to know how much profit margin is contributed (or removed) per vehicle produced this year. And next year, but they know how much it costs to produce a R1 today, so is a negative contribution or positive? And how much?

Biturbowned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜20 Model Y, ā€˜22 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

No margin per vehicle numbers for 2024 production?

Sorry to disagree, but 2027 is a long way off. We need to know how much profit margin is contributed (or removed) per vehicle produced this year. And next year, but they know how much it costs to produce a R1 today, so is a negative contribution or positive? And how much?
Per Barrons: ā€œRivian generated about 86,000 per vehicle sold, while it spends about $124,000 building the cars.ā€
RJ and Claire have stated they expect a similar order of magnitude improvement going from gen 1 to gen 2 as they did on the revised EDV, which was ~35% reduction. If you use a 35% reduction to produce the car, you get a cost of $80,600 per vehicle. If the average transaction price is $86k, there would be profit. Lots of ifs, but weā€™re in the ballpark.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boat and tractor
Occupation
Hillbilly
Gen1 battery housing looks like a ladder frame. I wonder if the Gen1 has more structural rigidity.

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
At one point, he showed how much more steel they switched to for different panels and parts. Thought that was interesting.

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
350Miles for quad is great!
350 miles G2 Ascend Quad Conserve?

301 miles G1 Quad in Conserve.

I'm somewhat disappointed the Hummer EVT now gets 381 miles in it's top trim spec, with other trims having lower performance and range.

My Hummer EVT build is 124k, my Tri R1T build is 105k. So for Ascend Quad, I would be surprised if it's base price is less then 115k for R1T and 120k R1S.

I'm now torn on which ultimately I'll be getting, since price will be the same in top trim specs. Maybe Tri motor is the way to go?

Rivian R1T is "faster", but Hummer EVT is larger, rear steer, and has a larger bed.
Sponsored