Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Great idea! Which mountain did you escape to???
Mt Hood. Did a hike and then a nice off road section I wanted to hit before the snow covers it.
Rivian R1T R1S Pollution Mode Please!!! 90A32BEE-AE81-40D7-BF85-E1426977D8F7
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sierra7117

Sierra7117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, 996
Occupation
Program Manager

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I present to you noise pollution mode courtesy of Mopar!

Pretty similar to every RAV4 hybrid backup noise. Like a loud whimsical carosel

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I present to you noise pollution mode courtesy of Mopar!

The next version will probably have an optional propane tank in the trunk so the fake exhausts will shoot flames like from an overly-rich a/f mix on an ICE car.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Completely agree!! Recirc won't stick and doesn't seem to matter if auto is on or not. Important when the AQI is currently over 250. Have to keep checking to hit recirc again and again.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

They might do this because the truck is so air tight they might think you might suffocate with the recirc on for more than 5 minutes lol.... would make sense because it is so damn hard to close that last door 😂
Leave the rear middle seat armrest folded down and the gear tunnel slider open.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
If I disable auto in the climate settings, then the recirculating seems to latch. At least until the car shuts down for a long time.
Good to know. I hadn't thought of that.
I had this same thought, but have had limited success. Yesterday in the smoke, I had to turn on recirc 7 or 8 times before it sticks, even without auto. This only happened in the last few updates (not sure which one since the truck was in the shop for 3 in a row). I do have a ticket submitted, but no movement beyond an initial phone call.

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
Haven't really tried to turn recirc on that often unless I notice a external odor coming in. The most frequent one I notice is when I use the windshield washer. I am 99.99% certain they filled mine with Listerine instead of wiper fluid. I have never smelled wiper fluid like that, but it smells EXACTLY like the blue Listerine mouthwash. Maybe I'll have my wife give it a spray while I'm on the hood and catch a bit to do a taste test. :)

DirtyJester

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 kona ev
Occupation
Millwright
Haven't really tried to turn recirc on that often unless I notice a external odor coming in. The most frequent one I notice is when I use the windshield washer. I am 99.99% certain they filled mine with Listerine instead of wiper fluid. I have never smelled wiper fluid like that, but it smells EXACTLY like the blue Listerine mouthwash. Maybe I'll have my wife give it a spray while I'm on the hood and catch a bit to do a taste test. :)
Take a video. That’d be awesome to see. 🤣

Sponsored

Zybane

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor 37
Occupation
Military Pilot
Oh god this is a pet peeve of mine. If I make a selection, I want it to stay there and not reset.

Kidentist

First Name
Carlitos way
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7,A3, Macan GTS
Occupation
Mouth Janitor
Amen, you tell 'em boys, especially now that the "west-siders" are getting "smoked" .
Here on the "east side" smoke is a part of summer...:crying:

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Wait, what!? Recirculation mode doesn't persist?

I'm in Florida and have it on recirculating 100% of the time and have never seen it turn off for me. Maybe because I keep the temperature at the lowest setting so it stays on? I know on GM vehicles in warm temperatures it will automatically turn on recirculation mode for performance purposes and not even tell you.

It is a fractional recirculation mode, so there will always be outside air mixed in. My Silverado was 20%, my wife's Lexus is 10% mixed in. Pre 2014 Chevy trucks had 0% outside air mixed in when in recirculation and issued a TSB because there was negative pressure inside the cabin and dust was being sucked in from every avenue. Now they always mix in air to maintain positive pressure so only filtered air enters the cabin to keep out dust.

I don't think you'll ever be able to entirely avoid the smell of an old diesel exhaust if you're driving behind somebody with a DPF delete.

JamesPolk24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I wish the heated seats and steering wheel would stick as well. When it's winter (currently in the 30Fs), I want that on every time and prefer not to return to an ice cold seat whenever I go for a drive. Lots of small dumb things like this making the Rivian owning experience much less pleasant. F150 Lightning will set auto (based on ambient temps) or you can also select to remember last setting. Really hoping this next update has some type of improvement for this as the weather snaps.