Not open for further replies.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
… triggered members giving the video even more attention.

Help help! The internet wants to show me something!
Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I do not think that Branden or most other content providers actually bring any traffic here though …
What do you call 151 (and counting) posts plus who-knows-how-many views of those posts, if not traffic?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
What do you call 151 (and counting) posts plus who-knows-how-many views of those posts, if not traffic?
A few more than 151…😎

Rivian R1T R1S I’m Selling My Rivian R1T - In-Depth Owner Review After 24k Miles In 9 Months IMG_3379

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
But how many posts about yellow logos.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
But without us all pointing out the BS of this video there would be no traffic. Very few comments are about the video itself.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

But without us all pointing out the BS of this video there would be no traffic. Very few comments are about the video itself.
Right, but when there were 151 posts and 8,300 views (thanks, @SANZC02 for the data) what is the incentive for RF to put a stop to it? If @branden had been prevented from posting, as you might like, RF would objectively have less revenue.

While we may agree on the merits of “influencers” and disagree on the merits of content producers, we should be able to agree that RF reached more eyeballs and generated more clicks than if @branden hadn’t posted in the first place, and we can further agree (I hope) that if we like RF and @branden‘s post helps keep RF a viable operation then if helps us keep using RF for “free” that much longer.

Looking at this from a different direction, if RF offered a paid subscriber tier where all ad content was stripped out for our reading enjoyment then I’d probably spring for that just to support RF, if nothing else. They don’t so the next best thing to support RF is to contribute to the site’s traffic, not block their ads, and click on an ad from time to time if it looks interesting.

If we don’t like a topic, then the best way to indicate that is to avoid opening the thread, and definitely don’t give feedback or post a reply. With any luck the thread fades into obscurity quickly and something else which we DO like takes its place.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.