OP
OP
moosehead

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Seems as though some of you are still waiting for your R1 to be delivered, so will go over this one more time.

Rivian equips our rigs with only the best stuff. Genuine Chemistry works great, but most importantly, smells like the beach on a balmy Saturday night under the full moon. The freaking air vents are specifically designed as high tech in cabin diffusers for this stuff. You want to inhale the cheap stuff, go ahead. Just not optimal.

Rivian R1T R1S Neener, Neener, Neener... Windshield Washer Fluid by Genuine Chemistry 1707576777219

Further, me thinks this is proven out with the 3 month wait times to get into an RSC for service. Folks are either not able to source General Chemistry, or are just too cheap to pay for it. PSA: please stop clogging the RSC’s just to get a windshield washer top-off so others who might have major service needs can get slotted gotdammit!

Worse, if enuf keep bitchin about the expense of the good stuff, Munro is just gonna value engineer it out for the Autozone sheit. You’ve been warned. It’s about all of us, not just you.

As a final indicator of the purity of GC, we invited 9 people over for Super Bowl, but somehow got 173 RSVP’s. Coincidence? I think not. We don’t even know that many people.

Carry on.

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
$30 shipping to OR (no sales tax, too), works out to about $23/gallon...also pass.
Rob, let's do a CORC group buy for a barrel of the stuff. Surely that would get the price per person down. We could even build events around filling our windshield washer reservoirs. 😆

Sponsored

Synapticon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired
Rob, let's do a CORC group buy for a barrel of the stuff. Surely that would get the price per person down. We could even build events around filling our windshield washer reservoirs. 😆
Spoken like the consummate cat herder! :CWL::CWL::CWL: You know I'll participate if it's created.

Synapticon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired
I’m diluting mine 3:1, so it’s more like $6/gallon. Even if I wasn’t diluting, I’ve certainly spent more money on weirder stuff!
If I diluted mine example, it would be in the same ballpark. I was reacting to the shipping cost relative to the product as FrankieJ reported above. Since I'm old and my olfactory sense is waning, the esthetic experience is not a factor. I just want it to do its job in the conditions I drive at a reasonable cost. The bottom line for each of us: What do you want, and what are you willing to pay? Interesting to hear others' experiences and thoughts to decide.