David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S, Ford f150 lightning
Occupation
Tech manager
Clubs

Ok, having owned a Tesla for 9 years and a Lightning for a couple of months, I thought the Ford APP was awful. This kind tops that; it's like they handed it to a home decorator and thought that it was wonderful.

There are too many tabs, and you have to scroll down to click on things. There is way too much fluff and not enough substance at a glance.

Give me a main page that shows all the critical stuff at a glance—vehicle location, HVAC status, battery percentage status, door lock status, charging status.

Tesla does it all on one page. I shouldn't have to launch the secondary app( google or Waze) to see the location. I don't care if motion cam is always one; that's one of those set-or-forget things; only show me that if you will let me look at the video, which you can't do.

The vehicle is great, but the app has a long way to go. I was always complaining about the Ford Pass app being bad, but the beta screen shot sI have seen of version 5 beta out now shows a vast improvement
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I really only go into my app to switch vehicles now. The widget is great.

OP
OP

ddimit

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech manager
Clubs

I'd call it the UI, and not an APP.

My biggest dislike is you have to push multiple buttons to turn on the heated steering wheel.
Your Right UI is what Im getting at. Yes, too many taps, slides and scrolls

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

App is way better then what my Hyundai Ioniq 5 offers. I just would like to be able to control the camp menu from the app (outlets, lights, etc).

KRG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T DM
Occupation
Tech Bro
Clubs

Are you talking about the phone app or the in car UI? The phone app rocks imo. Way better than I’m used to with Tesla.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Seems like you should give pretty much anything more than 24 hours before coming to such conclusions :CWL:

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Why do you need to see the vehicle location? It's not a Tesla, it's not like it's going to self-drive away and hide from you. My R1S is always exactly where I parked it.

OP
OP

ddimit

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech manager
Clubs

Are you talking about the phone app or the in car UI? The phone app rocks imo. Way better than I’m used to with Tesla.
Car UI is great so far Phone app is my complaint.

Sponsored

KRG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T DM
Occupation
Tech Bro
Clubs

Car UI is great so far Phone app is my complaint.
Huh, weird. I really like it. My Tesla app was laggy and annoying, this one is super fast and the widget actually works without opening the app. Perhaps it’s a bit less condensed than the Tesla app but doesn’t seem difficult to navigate so far.

OverEasyGoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Wrangler, '23 R1S, '79 Scout, R2 Reserved
I'm confused because the app does have a main page that gives you everything you're asking for. Vehicle status, climate, energy % and location. I do agree that the location piece is strange that it makes me pick which maps app to use every time. I'd also like to be able to view the motion cam from the app but I don't think Tesla can do that, either (or at least I couldn't last I drove one). But it seems like almost everything else you're looking for is right there?

sd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-250, Acura MDX, F-150 Lightning, Rivian R1T
Clubs

Haven't owned a Tesla so can't comment on that comparison. But I find the Rivian app does most of what I need and has significantly improved with regular releases. And I find the Rivian app is much more usable than the Ford app (that one is getting better but their progress has been very slow).

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

For 99% of what I use the app is perfect, does what I need when I need it. If you want to climatize the vehicle click on the fan icon, pretty easy and simple enough. What else are you looking for that isn't there?

JayR

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t
Occupation
Firefighter/EMT/Underwater Search & Rescue Dive Team
Really, Tango, lighten up!
Sponsored