Sponsored

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Does anyone know if they are still pushing out the new OTA? It’s been several days now and I have not received the firmware update.
I don’t have it either. Someone earlier mentioned CS said they do a 7-day rollout.
Sponsored

Rford71

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline, Audi TT
Occupation
Firefighter
I’m still waiting on mine too. I heard they are doing it in batches. My vehicle is in the mid 5,000. How about yours?
My R1T is mid 6000. I guess they’re playing it on the safe side. It’s hard to believe they can’t push out a firmware update for Limited amount of vehicles they have made (sub 10,000 vehicles)in a 24 hour period.

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
My R1T is mid 6000. I guess they’re playing it on the safe side. It’s hard to believe they can’t push out a firmware update for Limited amount of vehicles they have made (sub 10,000 vehicles)in a 24 hour period.
I feel you. My guess is they are making sure the update isn’t causing any issues. Easier to send a patch to a few thousand cars then dealing with 10,000 cars. But idk, this is my first electric vehicle. When is going back to service on Friday for an on going battery issue, along with other things.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
They absolutely could push it to everyone in a single day, but it's bad practice to do so. Just like Apple, Microsoft, and Google slow roll updates, Rivian is rolling it out in order to reduce the potential impact of a bad build.

TXKidd

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T pre-order
My VIN is in the mid 7000’s, delivered yesterday, and got the update pushed to me earlier this morning. Been about an hour and a half so far and sitting at 69%.

Sponsored

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
This is normal for a Rivian OTA rollout. Sit back, have a cold one...it will let you know when it is ready! There is no way to force it, you got your truck...we are already ahead of half the people on the forum 👍

I got prompted for the last one within 4 or 5 days of it hitting the streets.

Rford71

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline, Audi TT
Occupation
Firefighter
They absolutely could push it to everyone in a single day, but it's bad practice to do so. Just like Apple, Microsoft, and Google slow roll updates, Rivian is rolling it out in order to reduce the potential impact of a bad build.
I agree they could push out a day. I I think they’re playing it safe and not pushing it out all at once, l definitely disagree with what you’re saying about Apple Microsoft and Google. I’ve been using Apple products since the late 80s and doing over the air software downloadsI for about 10-15years. Apple releases firmware betas to developers over multiple weeks to test features and fix bugs. And when Apple announces the release of the new firmware they release it to the public all at one time. Sometimes the down load is slow because of the servers are being overloaded but they don’t push out the firmware over multiple days.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I agree they could push out a day. I I think they’re playing it safe and not pushing it out all at once, l definitely disagree with what you’re saying about Apple Microsoft and Google. I’ve been using Apple products since the late 80s and doing over the air software downloadsI for about 10-15years. Apple releases firmware betas to developers over multiple weeks to test features and fix bugs. And when Apple announces the release of the new firmware they release it to the public all at one time. Sometimes the down load is slow because of the servers are being overloaded but they don’t push out the firmware over multiple days.
Apple makes it available to all the public at the same time, but they don’t actively notify everyone — that happens in batches, over the course of a few weeks. They do let eager people check for and install updates, though. But most people don’t, and ultimately the update installations get naturally staggered.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
My VIN is in the mid 7000’s, delivered yesterday, and got the update pushed to me earlier this morning. Been about an hour and a half so far and sitting at 69%.
Ok, wth. It seemed like they were arranged by VIN or delivery date, but I haven't been prompted to download it and my vin is much lower. Really could have used pet mode this weekend...

Rford71

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline, Audi TT
Occupation
Firefighter
CommodoreAmiga,

Yes you are correct, that’s what makes the Rivian and Apple Firmware rollouts different. The Apple customers that are up on Apple’s updates check and download it immediately. Other Apple customers get notified and then download it. All of the Rivian customers that are up on the firmware updates cannot download the firmware when they are first know its released. Rivian notified customers via email and they cannot down the firmware‘s when they were notified of a new release.

This is my last post on the matter I’m not interested in going back-and-forth with you on the process. I’m not a Apple or Rivian fan boy, just a customer. I purchase products I’m interested in and think I’m going to like. The question I asked was are they still pushing out OTA. Rivian sent me a email about the firmware update. l was not sure if there was an issue with it and they just stopped pushing it out.

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Sorry if it's been mentioned already, but 10 pages deep so...

Had anyone else noticed Sport mode no longer "adjusts automatically" AKA goes into Lowest ride height? Not sure if Conserve does still, but I think this is a big win 👍

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I’m still waiting on the update. Has anyone received it in the past few days?

louisdeg

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Red Canyon/Forest Edge, 21” wheels
Occupation
Home inspector
Pet mode will do for now. What they really should have is a close the windows tight when it rains so you can skip pet mode and leave them open an inch and not waste battery on cooling.