kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Page 174 in the R1T manual has info about external flash drives. Also HAS to connect to one of the USB-C ports in the center console, I suspect the others are power only.

Screenshot_20230417_230700_Drive.jpg

I currently have the below plugged in my console and export Gear Guard clips to it often. I will likely bump up to 256GB once I see what kind of retention 128GB keeps.

SanDisk 128GB Ultra Dual Drive USB Type-C - USB-C, USB 3.1 - SDDDC2-128G-G46
https://a.co/d/5djKdpW

For those looking I thought of this solution to not have a drive sticking out from inside the compartment.
Flash Drive: https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-512GB-Ultra.../dp/B083ZLJ5MG/ -Note drive WILL NOT work with out adapter listed below.

Adapter: https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Type-C.../dp/B01GGKYXVE

Recommended Adapter is plugged in so drive doesn't snap off or get removed during rummaging around.

Last edited:

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Page 174 in the R1T manual has info about external flash drives. Also HAS to connect to one of the USB-C ports in the center console, I suspect the others are power only.

Screenshot_20230417_230700_Drive.jpg

I currently have the below plugged in my console and export Gear Guard clips to it often. I will likely bump up to 256GB once I see what kind of retention 128GB keeps.

SanDisk 128GB Ultra Dual Drive USB Type-C - USB-C, USB 3.1 - SDDDC2-128G-G46
https://a.co/d/5djKdpW
This is what comes in the Teslas these days. Been reliable.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-BAR-...490&sprefix=usb+3.1,aps,241&sr=8-3&th=1&psc=1

Last edited:

Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

It will be interesting to see what cameras they use for the drive cam. If it’s the exact same as the gear guard cameras this is going to be pretty disappointing, especially for the R1T. The rear camera, in particular, gets so dirty so quickly that it reduces its utility.

I hope it uses the bed cam and the windshield cam, which I assume is better than the front bumper cam.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

looks great

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Solid update. I still want 1/4 Mile Mode. 1. Initiate Sport Mode. 2. Initiate Drag Mode. Drag mode will run for 12 seconds (after launch) with a 125 mph limiter (or so), then it returns to standard Sport Mode power levels.

Sponsored

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Solid update. I still want 1/4 Mile Mode. 1. Initiate Sport Mode. 2. Initiate Drag Mode. Drag mode will run for 12 seconds (after launch) with a 125 mph limiter (or so), then it returns to standard Sport Mode power levels.
Yeah that’d be cool, but Rivian lawyers would never allow it with lower top speed limited tires.

countab45

First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t white, locked tonneau in open position...
I like the fan level zero as I don't know any other way to turn the fan off? Also why bury trip A and trip B in settings? Otherwise pretty cool update!!!
i will be very upset if they remove fan 0. rivian. please undo this change before it’s made live. don’t make me start a new thread… just read about on off buttons. not sure where these are. i’ll try them and get back on whether i can switch to that method.

Fozzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I would personally recommend an SD card and USB C adapter for dash cam storage. It's much easier to purchase high write durability nand in a SD card compared to a USB drive. High end DSLR and mirrorless cameras put significant demands on their storage for burst shooting and raw or high bitrate video recording. High quality nand is necessary for meeting those requirements.

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
i will be very upset if they remove fan 0. rivian. please undo this change before it’s made live. don’t make me start a new thread… just read about on off buttons. not sure where these are. i’ll try them and get back on whether i can switch to that method.
Rivian R1T R1S 2023.14.0 Software Update NICE! New Gear Guard App w/ Drive Cam 6C7BDE1D-4FE1-463C-8179-DA9C47BDF2D5