Sponsored

mmdavis174

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I tried to update twice, both times it failed. Got into the truck and saw the 12v warning.

Were you able to get it to update? I'm in the middle of nowhere, I'm going to wait till I'm back in Chicago before trying again.
Have you received any word on a resolution? I haven't heard a thing.
Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Have you received any word on a resolution? I haven't heard a thing.
I received a call from rivian to schedule my recall appointment. I set it up but told the support person that I couldn't install the latest update as the recall notice said to do before coming in.

She said i needed to connect to wifi and try again (doesn't make sense to me). But I just got home last night, set up wifi tonight and kicked off the update. I'll see if it works, if not, my service appointment is for Wednesday, I'll get an answer then.

mmdavis174

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I received a call from rivian to schedule my recall appointment. I set it up but told the support person that I couldn't install the latest update as the recall notice said to do before coming in.

She said i needed to connect to wifi and try again (doesn't make sense to me). But I just got home last night, set up wifi tonight and kicked off the update. I'll see if it works, if not, my service appointment is for Wednesday, I'll get an answer then.
Got it. I bothered them today and they made me a service appointment but it’s a month out.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Got it. I bothered them today and they made me a service appointment but it’s a month out.
Failed twice last night. I'll let you know what they say on Wednesday.

fbitz777

First Name
francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T 2017MX; 2022 Ioniq5 (2)
Why do we need to bother with this update? there is 6.5 and 10.0

I failed 5 times on 6.2 a few weeks back and it never showed back as available since.

Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Why do we need to bother with this update? there is 6.5 and 10.0

I failed 5 times on 6.2 a few weeks back and it never showed back as available since.
Were you able to update to 6.5? I have not received 6.5 with 6.2 failing.

Sounds like the failing update may be due to the 12v. Doesn't inspire confidence lol. Nothing definitive from my visit today. A firmware issue with the batteries, not asking the hv system to charge the 12v when low.

fbitz777

First Name
francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Were you able to update to 6.5? I have not received 6.5 with 6.2 failing.

Sounds like the failing update may be due to the 12v. Doesn't inspire confidence lol. Nothing definitive from my visit today. A firmware issue with the batteries, not asking the hv system to charge the 12v when low.
No I was not presented with 6.5 update. I was just wondering if 6.2 is needed before 6.5 would even be available.
My failing 6.2 updates had a 12V warning on the screen right after failing. I even tried with L2 charger plugged in and made no difference Maybe use a battery tender?

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
No I was not presented with 6.5 update. I was just wondering if 6.2 is needed before 6.5 would even be available.
My failing 6.2 updates had a 12V warning on the screen right after failing. I even tried with L2 charger plugged in and made no difference Maybe use a battery tender?
6.5 isnt available to all vehicles. Just those that are older. My vin is in the 4000‘s 2022. If you have a later 2022 or 2023 you won’t get it.

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Apologies in advance for my nativity...only had my truck for 3 weeks.

Not everyone is going to get this update?

LTD in CBTS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, Vespa 300, R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

FWIW to help you guys on this thread. I tried 3 weeks ago for this update which failed over and over again and then eventually went away never to show up again. I too got the low 12V warning. I set up a service appt and took it in last week in San Diego while I was out of town. They replaced both 12V batteries and uploaded the 2023.6.2 update. Now my fob works as a proximity open and lock device and I love it. The problem is with the 12V and won't be resolved until you guys take it in and have them replace the batteries. Way too early for these things to die but they are learning and fixing as fast as they can. I also asked them about the powered tonneau retrofit and got quite a bit of nervous "ha ha........yeah..........were waiting too" responses. No real answers. But have your 12V replaced..........that will resolve your software update issues.

Sponsored

fbitz777

First Name
francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Anyone still trying to get 2023.6 update?.
I tried months ago and after multiple failures (low battery?) the install prompt disappeared!

Today it reappeared and again it's unsuccessful so far.

Is the only solution a service call to swap 12v batteries? what if I'd put a 12v tender on the batteries while the update is going on; and which one of the two batteries or both?

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Apologies in advance for my nativity...only had my truck for 3 weeks.

Not everyone is going to get this update?

Rolls out in batches. Just gotta wait till your number is called.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I tried months ago and after multiple failures (low battery?) the install prompt disappeared!

Is the only solution a service call to swap 12v batteries? what if I'd put a 12v tender on the batteries while the update is going on; and which one of the two batteries or both?
Definitely call CS. You are several versions behind the current.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

Call CS, I had a failure on 2023.2 and it was a module that was failing, they had to replace the camera controller. Once they replaced it they had to apply the updates in order to get me up to date. That was a few weeks ago and I got this latest update on Monday and it applied just fine.

They have logs and can tell what is failing.
Sponsored