Sponsored

usulio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

If many people are seeing an apparent improvement in efficiency, maybe they just changed how the display number is calculated?
Sponsored

tate16t

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Granite R1S
Occupation
Car Enthusiast
I think I’d much prefer the cameras in the driver screen instead of center screen. This is the same way Kia/hyundai do it. To me it makes more sense since it’s right in front of the driver. Looking at the center screen doesn’t make sense to me and seems needlessly dangerous. I think Rivian made the correct decision.
I’m not doubting the decision. In theory it does make sense however, there may be those whose seat position doesn’t make the front view work. I’m simply saying if at all possible have a setting for those in this situation to have the video show on the center screen. My wife’s Model Y displays it on the center screen because that’s the only screen. But it works. The same discussion about the center screen view occurred when Tesla deployed this option.

I drove for the first time this morning and it will take getting use to. I have to look around the steering wheel (slightly) to view the camera. It’s not a terrible experience but not as easy to view as the center screen setup. Maybe I simply need to consider another seating position. I also had to turn the brightness up on the displays because it seemed very dark.

Does the chime still occur if a vehicle is present when you signal? I believe there was one.

jcflint

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Accountant
I personally find the turn signal live view image a little fuzzy and smallish.
Where is my multi-angle remote live view using my app?!?
The returned suspension feels the same both on my R1T and R1S.
I love the new cool graphics.
The AC presets are a welcome features.
I don’t see any improvement on my efficiency but then, I drive mine like I just stole it:CWL:
I wish 19.04 would make my AC quieter but it works.
Rivian, please give us remote live view using our phone app 🙏
I added sound deadening material (dynamat) to the under side of the entire plastic cover where the AC compressor is housed. It reduced the noise significantly and reduced the vibration in the pedal and the whole front of the car. A very inexpensive fix with massive improvements. I even think the AC works a little better after doing that but that could just be my imagination.

bummin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23R1S, 22WRX
Occupation
Whatever the wife says to do
New software is cool, I like the ride quality. Drove up to Denver today for R2 event and noticed a good difference in the quality on moderate setting.

On a side note, was looking at the R1v2 refreshed suv and hunting for Easter eggs. Just before I left I glanced at rear screen to see if I noticed changes. What caught my eye is it was showing Apple Music on the audio which was not visible on demo of main screens. I asked two of the reps about it, I just got a smile and the answer that there is more to come s00n. Definitely not in our version yet

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
I added sound deadening material (dynamat) to the under side of the entire plastic cover where the AC compressor is housed. It reduced the noise significantly and reduced the vibration in the pedal and the whole front of the car. A very inexpensive fix with massive improvements. I even think the AC works a little better after doing that but that could just be my imagination.
Sounds interesting. You should post some pics and install process in a new thread for those that want to implement your improvement.

Sponsored

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
Love everything about the new update. One thing that I discovered though is that the volume control screen overrides the left turn blind spot camera. Small thing, but feels like they forgot about that.

Nine_One_Six_R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Clubs

For me, pull down to view notifications then long press the notification and select "turn off notifications". That will bring up a new dialog box and you can uncheck or unselect key connection notifications. I have the same software as you, but an older Pixel phone.

If I have a trip or have friends coming to town that want to see the truck, then I know I won't get the update before then. It always works.
Sounds like your Pixel is giving you more granularity on the notifications of the lock screen. For me it just On/Off notifications so I' missing the key connection notifications option.

rylcannoneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1T
Sounds like your Pixel is giving you more granularity on the notifications of the lock screen. For me it just On/Off notifications so I' missing the key connection notifications option.
Go to Settings -> Notifications -> Advanced Settings. Then enable "Manage notification categories for each app". Then go back to rivian app notification settings and it will allow you to disable specific categories.

gregeast

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Rivian R1S, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Ride quality very noticeabley improved. Love the blindspot cameras.

Anyone else lose satellite maps?

Soft reset fixed it until the next time I drive or, did a hard reset but haven't driven it again

Sponsored

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Brilliant! I'm going to put dynamite under the car. That should do the trick.

Spork8

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

That may very well be true. I may have enabled some feature that allows me to do that, such as the one @rylcannoneer pointed out, some time ago.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Agreed would be great to see what was done and how to help others with noise/vibration.
Yea, noisy AC and clicking suspension that constantly adjusts are my two big annoyances with the vehicle. Reduced vampire drain would be great as well, but I think we have reached the limits of Rivian’s ability to optimize based on G1’s Architecture
Sponsored